Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Galleries and Minishops <Buy art? Post art? Sell art? Come here!>
A WIP. (Gallery-type... thing?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold for ye? :{D
  Gold for me! :{D
View Results

Cocoon Master

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:57 am
I thought it'd be fun to upload something as I worked on it and get feedback. Actually, now that I'm here and typing this, I think I'll add a couple other pictures, too.

(x)
A drawing I did for my brother because he's amazing. This is the first rendition of this drawing (there is also a La Poupé print that I did for class) and as such there are some pretty obvious flaws in this, but I like it better than the final version. I'd rather not get critique on it unless it's something that you see that reoccurs in my art, because I can see most of the flaws already. Done entirely in ballpoint pen.

(x)
Commission for Jerichoholic that took me forever. He's a sweet for tolerating it. Done mainly as coloring practice; again, I can see the more obvious flaws, and would not like critique on this as it is finished.

User Image
Detail shot of current project. This is a somewhat old drawing that I never really finished, but am trying to now.

User Image
Full view of current project. It's a screenshot (if you couldn't tell by the wireless update that snuck in at the bottom xd ), because I'm Manga Studio illiterate and have no idea whether or not the program can export files as .PNGs.

Things I am working on fixing with these:
-The chest / arms are arranged unnaturally.
-The upper arms are shaped strangely. I had done this intentionally during sketch phase because I thought it'd be cool if the lace sleeves were thicker than the arms and sagged a bit, but then I realized the tremendous amounts of phail that this caused while inking.
-The hands. The one that's done being outlined is alright, although some feedback on the positioning / overall shape would be nice.
-Feedback on her hair would be loved.

Things I have noticed and am going to fix:
-The feet, BLAARRGGH. As much of a b***h as the lace was, I'm probably going to completely redraw them. Critique would be loved. (Don't worry, I -have- gotten better at them since then, I swear!)
-The perspective on the legs.
-The perspective in general.
-The throne, BLAARRGGH. I still don't know why I thought it was okay to attempt those lines without a ruler.
-The panther's face seems a little too cartoony to me.
-Her hair needs a little tweaking.
-The other gun on the flag completely disappeared when I scanned it. xd Likewise, everything on the flag looks cartoony and bad.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:37 am
bravo!  

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:24 pm
You have an incredible knack for detail. Your patience astounds me...
I always give up and scribble lace if I put it on something... (scribble neatly, but still)

As for a critique... You seem to have spotted everything that I see, namely the arms and legs. *SD mourns the days when one could get away with folding things behind the torso*

I really like this piece, for all that it needs a little work. I look forward to seeing it completed. ^_~  
Galleries and Minishops <Buy art? Post art? Sell art? Come here!>

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games