Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
It seems Teens-4-Christ is finally being interneted. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SkeletonPhoenix

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:44 am
Sanguvixen
I sort of held back from posting in this thread.

I will say that I think the administrators of Teens-4 Christ are a bit immature.

They made a website online. The thing about websites is that they all deal with the same thing. Phishing, scammers, spammers, and hackers. There is nothing special about that website that makes it hacker bait.

You are online...you have to accept those risks. If you make a website...it will be targeted regardless of what it is for.

So to turn around and start saying "It's the work of the Devil"...I think that is immature too. The admins should have realized that there are going to be phishers and scammers because...guess what? You are online!

Duh!

But it's the devil himself doing the hacking,scamming and so on. Don't you see the logic. rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:59 pm
ProjectOmicron88
No debate. Makes sense. Wouldn't want to infect the purity of the forums with THOUGHTS.

They're just still miffed because of the whole Scopes Trial thing.

Speaking of the Scopes Trial, I heard that some Christians have decided that even though there is all this evidence that we are evolved, because we haven't found the "Missing Link" the evolutionary line stops with the monkeys (all part of God'd "grand plan" of course) and in the end the Adam and Eve story still works out.
An yes I do realize that this makes no sense, which is why it is so very funny.  

55may55

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:56 pm
55may55
ProjectOmicron88
No debate. Makes sense. Wouldn't want to infect the purity of the forums with THOUGHTS.

They're just still miffed because of the whole Scopes Trial thing.

Speaking of the Scopes Trial, I heard that some Christians have decided that even though there is all this evidence that we are evolved, because we haven't found the "Missing Link" the evolutionary line stops with the monkeys (all part of God'd "grand plan" of course) and in the end the Adam and Eve story still works out.
An yes I do realize that this makes no sense, which is why it is so very funny.

Yeah, Adam and Eve makes a ton of sense, especially when you disregard gradually changing fossils for OTHER species, near-identical genetic patterns, and remarkable physical similarities.

Religion's been proven wrong on the shape of the earth, what menstruation actually is, and the age of the earth. Sooner or later, the majority of people are going to accept evolution for the proven fact that it is, just like the others.

Also, a point of confusion for a lot of these loons is that they don't realize that "theory" doesn't mean "guess". That can be attributed to frequent use as a misnomer, i.e., "I have a theory". Gravity is "just a theory" as well, if you remember. So is relativity. But we regard THEM as facts.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:37 pm
Sometimes a cigar...
No, evolution won't be accepted as a proven fact by religites. When people think evolution, they think about the origin of our species... and that's so much more a touchy subject than the topology of the Earth.
...is just a cigar.

Baron von Turkeypants

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:34 am
Baron von Turkeypants
Sometimes a cigar...
No, evolution won't be accepted as a proven fact by religites. When people think evolution, they think about the origin of our species... and that's so much more a touchy subject than the topology of the Earth.
...is just a cigar.

I'd be interested to see just how many people who truly believed the earth was round said that exact same thing back in the day.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:42 am
Sometimes a cigar...
What, that the Earth being round or flat is directly the reason why our species exists?

I would say none.
...is just a cigar.

Baron von Turkeypants

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:37 pm
Baron von Turkeypants
Sometimes a cigar...
What, that the Earth being round or flat is directly the reason why our species exists?

I would say none.
...is just a cigar.

I mean skeptics a couple hundred years ago who saw all the evidence for the earth being round, and never thought the majority of the world would one day accept that as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Sometimes a cigar...
I'm giving a reason why, and that reason is the same as to why it's such a touchy subject.
...is just a cigar.

Baron von Turkeypants

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas