Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
If You Made Your Own Religion... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Am A Mountie

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:04 pm
Crooked_Lamb
If i made a religion huh.......No god of course, im not vain enough to say myself......

but i guess id start almost a cult where the rules state you must read at least a book a week, and discuss it with your "family of cultness" .

We would be well read and kill the stupid people....ok no not kill because perspective of stupidity varies....I was kidding. We would spread the joys of reading.

Other requirements/ (commandments)

1. Failure to watch adult swim will end in series of floggings with pink bunnies

2. Daily cofessions to a dog, or animal must happen

3. Each person must watch aty least four hours of tv shows a day..even if nothing is on.

4. Must eat pocky and ice cream like the Apocalypse is near

5. Everything else is by your own ideas. What ever feels best for you.

Doesn't sound like a relgion...taking out the book thing it just sounds like being a teenager....

This is epic.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:08 am
I had an amazingly good idea for a cult a few weeks ago, but I can't remember it!  

Prince Rilian

Inquisitor_Bane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:07 pm
My creation myth.

In the beginning, there was a moment.
In an incredible, mind boggling instance, the most uncommon and bizarre thing occurred.
Order.
Two subatomic particles collided in the primordial soup, and the great chain reaction of the universe began.
After an eternity, an even odder thing happened.
Life. And not just any life; thinking life.
And this life, in it's search for meaning, birthed the gods.
From the power of the belief of this thinking life, the first of the gods, whether the Abrahamic Yahweh or Istar of Mesopotamia, the gods slowly rose, fed by the power of the spirits of their believers. Gods were born and died as the minds of the populace of the universe shifted and changed. As science became more exact and fundamental, a new, all encompassing being, not a god, but thought and space and time uncarnate, life itself, was birthed.
It was called, among other things, Gan.
This being was the combined beliefs and thoughts of the entirety of creation, and it brought all the other gods slowly into itself. Each beings thoughts, whether they knew it or not, were directed toward this thing. It reached out with loving arms that were not, fueled by the universes fundamental desire to belong, and to be, and to grow in its full capacity.
This thing was life itself, united subconsciously.

All gods are a part of this united force of thought. Worship to these gods is positive energy, flowing into the united subconscious of the universe. One needs no gods, only a will for a brighter tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Hmm, if I could create a religion...
1- It would be full of contradictions. I will tell my followers to never harm another person intentionally, but tell them to seek out nonbelievers and beat them.
2- It is an unforgivable sin to think the word 'banana'.
3- Everyone must worhip and direct all prayers to the common housefly.
4- Everybody must skip wherever they go.
5- Everyone must always have their eyes closed. Opening one's eyes is the second and even more unforgiveable sin.

Anyone who speaks out againts my religion will be promptly and brought to a secret location.

And when there is someone walking through my world with his eyes open, shouting the word 'banana', he will be arrested and brought to the secret location, which is an eternal pizza party with me and all of the other non-believers.

I call it "ScrewYouism".

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:01 am
Oh! Create-a-religion. I'll make two of them, one serious and the other not so much.

First Religion

1. You shall not consume food in public, for eating is a disgraceful act.

1.5 However, you are commanded to hold large public feasts in my honour every 5th quarter moon in years when the last digit is prime.

2. All followers are commanded to eat Kimchi weekly, for there is no greater food than the illustrious Kimchi.

2.5 Furthermore, Kimchi shall always be capitalized for it is the chosen food and is therefore above all others.

3. Thou shall not kill, unless of course, it's done in my name. Then go right on ahead!

4. Reading at least 3 Douglas Adams novels in your life is mandatory if you wish to be a part of this religion, for 3 is The Prime Number and Douglas Adams in British.

5. Questioning the religion will be severely punished.

5.5 Questioning the seemingly pointless or hypocritical elements in the religion will be met with either Holy Double Face Punch or Almighty Face Slap for daring to think such a thing.

5.6 Thinking about the last point will also be met with Holy Double Face Punch, now go feast on Kimchi!

6. You must all work in tech support at Dell for at least 5 years to fulfill your obligation to the religion. I'm damn tired of fixing your computers for you, just switch to Mac.

7. Confessions must be made once daily for all the days of your life (twice on prime numbered days) regarding all your activities.

7.5 Since the amount of sin is great and telling you about it will only make you curious about such things like free thought and a happy carefree life, you must confess all your activities as they are sure to all be sinful in some way.

8. Absolutely no one is to speak the majority language of the country they reside in. If you live in Russia, speak only Thai. If you live in America, only speak in Klingon. And so on....This will set you apart from the Unclean Ones (the non believers) as well as add to your cool factor.

9. Everyone is to listen to my preferred type of music, whatever it happens to be at the time.

9.5 As a rule, classic rock is safe for afternoons and death metal for nights.

10. Michael Jackson isn't dead. Tell everyone.

10.5 Failure to have the general public accept this point within 10 years will result in the apocalypse of Kimchi Famine.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:27 am
Now for my serious religion, incomplete draft #1:

Rules and Pointers and Such

- I'm not all powerful or anything, please don't claim that. I'm just trying to help you guys out.

- There is no "chosen" group of people; treat everyone with respect and kindness and don't be arrogant.

- Don't be selfish or rude to people, try to be polite and humble.

- Everyone has bad days sometimes, and I get that. I won't hold it against you if you don't hold it against others.

- For heaven's sake, don't kill anyone. Especially not in my name.

- If someone doesn't follow your religion or have your opinions and beliefs, you should just treat them with just as much respect as you would people who do share those with you.

- Don't impose how you want to live and what you think is right upon other people. As long as what they do isn't hurting themselves or others, it's fine.

- Take care of yourselves and the world around you. Cleaner things run better, your body will and the world will too.

- Be helpful to others as much as you can, and have empathy for others less fortunate.

- Try to be at peace with yourself and the world, it'll help your overall disposition.

- Don't judge things off the bat, reserve judgment until you understand something. This goes for all things.

- Gather as much knowledge as you can, and spread it around. Make sure everyone can have access to it. This will open up a lot of new things, trust me.

- Do whatever you want as long as you don't force it on others and it doesn't cause harm to anything.

- Use your best judgment when doing things.

- Think and question to gain something constructive, not simply to be an arrogant rebellious a**.

- Make sure you take vacation days and have fun with them!

- Be yourself and be happy with that. I'm not going to reject you if you're gay or listen to Pantera. (If you listen to Pantera I shall be proud, because I love 'em!)  

Henneth Annun

Colm-kun

2,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:35 am
THIS. Something like THIS. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:48 pm
cellophane tape
1- It would be full of contradictions. I will tell my followers to never harm another person intentionally, but tell them to seek out nonbelievers and beat them.
5- Everyone must always have their eyes closed. Opening one's eyes is the second and even more unforgiveable sin.

Anyone who speaks out againts my religion will be promptly and brought to a secret location.

And when there is someone walking through my world with his eyes open, shouting the word 'banana', he will be arrested and brought to the secret location, which is an eternal pizza party with me and all of the other non-believers.

I call it "ScrewYouism".

Perfect.  

In Search of a Dream

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:55 pm
Kyoko364
cellophane tape

I call it "ScrewYouism".

Perfect.
XD Thanks.
I thought so, but then again I'm biased due to the fact that I really like pizza parties. o.o

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:45 pm
Habible
OOH!
I'd make Bleachism =P
Belief that if you die you go to Soul Society, or Teh Underworld if you murdered people and such (on purpose/had a choice not to but did it anyways), and if you had something anchoring you to earth, if you didn't get it resolved fast enough you'd turn into a hollow and attack the people closest to you/lost spirits, but Shinigami (who live in Soul Society) would come and kill 'em and bring lost spirits to Soul Society.

As long as you weren't a bad person as a human, you'd go to Soul Society.

No penalty for not believing =)

i tried making this religion in my school before lol
didn't work XD  

Esanx

Perfect Hero

19,825 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

I Am A Mountie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:31 pm
The God and Goddess of Teen Angst.
They'd slap parents for punishing their teenagers when they were only trying to have fun.
IDK  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:37 pm
Kyoko364
cellophane tape

I call it "ScrewYouism".

Perfect.

EPICYES.  

I Am A Mountie

Mrithyu

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:44 pm
Habible
OOH!
I'd make Bleachism =P
Belief that if you die you go to Soul Society, or Teh Underworld if you murdered people and such (on purpose/had a choice not to but did it anyways), and if you had something anchoring you to earth, if you didn't get it resolved fast enough you'd turn into a hollow and attack the people closest to you/lost spirits, but Shinigami (who live in Soul Society) would come and kill 'em and bring lost spirits to Soul Society.

As long as you weren't a bad person as a human, you'd go to Soul Society.

No penalty for not believing =)

Epic Success!! You are a true genius!!  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas