Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
National Health Coverage

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:04 pm
Well, Hillary and Obama want it, discuss!!! sad  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:29 pm
I WILL POST WHEN I'm NOT TIRED  

The Hallowed Mouse

singin4Christ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:25 pm
i don't think we should have it. i've seen the way that some of cananda's hospitals run because of it. the hospitals have no air conditioning in the summer meaning the high likelyhood of heat stroke for those whos bodies are already weak. there isn't enough money to go around with it. therewill be little money for much needed equipment like MRI machines. more people will die without that equipment. a hospital is required by law currently to treat someone who is in need of treatment. they don't tell you to take out your checkbook while you are bleeding. this will not save lives. it will only cause more to be lost.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:22 am
singin4Christ
i don't think we should have it. i've seen the way that some of cananda's hospitals run because of it. the hospitals have no air conditioning in the summer meaning the high likelyhood of heat stroke for those whos bodies are already weak. there isn't enough money to go around with it. therewill be little money for much needed equipment like MRI machines. more people will die without that equipment. a hospital is required by law currently to treat someone who is in need of treatment. they don't tell you to take out your checkbook while you are bleeding. this will not save lives. it will only cause more to be lost.

No, they don't ask you to take out your wallet while your bleeding. They wait until afterwards. You still have to pay for health care and, with out health insurance, it's incredibly expensive.

Socialized medicine isn't the best solution either. Why not make a government health insurance. Everybody could pay insurance sponsored by the government, but there could still be regular insurance companies. This would only work if there were massive overhauls in the way the insurance laws are set up.

The entire notion of "pre-existing condition" should be abolished.

P.S. Illegal immigrants wouldn't be eligible, unless they pay for it like everyone else.  

Starcrush

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:01 am
Starcrush
singin4Christ

No, they don't ask you to take out your wallet while your bleeding. They wait until afterwards. You still have to pay for health care and, with out health insurance, it's incredibly expensive.

Socialized medicine isn't the best solution either. Why not make a government health insurance. Everybody could pay insurance sponsored by the government, but there could still be regular insurance companies. This would only work if there were massive overhauls in the way the insurance laws are set up.

The entire notion of "pre-existing condition" should be abolished.

P.S. Illegal immigrants wouldn't be eligible, unless they pay for it like everyone else.

If the gov't set up this insurance, what would happen when they go in debt, like always, people would lose money, or it'd turn out like Social Security, Medic(aid/are).

And a health coverage would be horrible because in the Netherlands they have them and euthanasia is legal, the government decided to stop treating elderly because it wasted to much money, and made room for the population, it's also legal for killing paralyzled, "vegatables", and people in a mentally retarded or highly unphysical state to be killed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:16 pm
i know that health care is expensive. my father went through a kindey transplant on very little health insurence. it's very expensive but it's not going to kill a person. having national health insurence risks the millions of live that our nation would not be able to offord to save. i agree that the illegals shouldn't have this health "insurence" if it comes around. they shouldn't even have the ability to go to public schools, have jobs or have any kind of insurance. it may be smooth sailing for the first couple months, maybe years but after that we'll be in even deeper debt. Our taxes would also increase because of our cost and covering the costs of the millions of families on welfair. they would, as usual, get everything handed to them with this system and they would never have to pay for everything. it would be more expensive because of covering health care for them than taxes and insurence are now seperately.  

singin4Christ

RenFlower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:44 pm
Heh, after seing SICKO I am actually LESS inclined towards socialized medicine. After that comment about the government and media trying to turn us against france so we don't want to be like them, I don't think anything he says is very credible... Anyways, wouldn't we end up drowning in taxes?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:46 pm
I mean, yeah we are kinda low on the list of best healthcare systems, but aren't we also one of the richest countries? Seriously, change our healthcare system and the other drops.  

RenFlower

Last_Gunslingr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:45 am
I don't know a lot about this topic... lol, (i just wanted some gold).  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:48 am
Well, that's right, well I may have faked it...

National Healthcare is like Communism.
It works for a while, but then debt is accumulated.

I don't see how Hillary or Obama or ANYONE for that matter could support something that has FAILED in so many countries.

Canada has actually sent some of their patients to the US because they couldn't care for them.

It takes YEARS in countries with National Healthcare for someone who needs surgery ASAP to get it. Such as heart transplants and other hazardous surgeries.

It's a system that has FAILED time and time again, so why should we bring that failure into our country where our system works just fine?

...and I wouldn't be caught dead in this place.

Click...? Pweese?

[Ish-Kabibble]

[Ish-Kabibble]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:52 am
RenFlower
Heh, after seing SICKO I am actually LESS inclined towards socialized medicine. After that comment about the government and media trying to turn us against france so we don't want to be like them, I don't think anything he says is very credible... Anyways, wouldn't we end up drowning in taxes?
Well, that's right, well I may have faked it...

Ha.

SICKO is a laugh.

Michael Moore has been in this business for years of twisting the truth and he's actually good at it.
With that, I applaud him.

But the hospitals he visited were ones for the WEALTHY.
Fox News acually sneaked a camera into their hospitals for the average person and it was disgusting. Rats, holes in the floor, flies covering wounds.

Nasty.

It's funny what someone will do to bring people to the dark side.

Michael Moore is sort of like Darth Vader in a sence. x[

...and I wouldn't be caught dead in this place.

Click...? Pweese?

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff