Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
title

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jayta Kimioji

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:26 am
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12650656/ this is a title i made for an rpg im making and i was wanting to get some pointers or tips to how i could make it beter sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:41 am
Hey there! Nice title, I just think that at the moment it looks a bit plain. There's a lot of empty space in the bottom left hand corne; I'd suggest moving the crystal up next to the text and cropping the whole image, or filling the extra space with something else, an illustration of one of the characters of your RPG perhaps?

Also, I think a more interesting font would work better for the text, particularly the 'Mystic Tale' part, to make it stand out more and go with the fantasy theme.  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Jayta Kimioji

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:20 pm
what type of font do u suggest  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:55 pm
www.dafont.com has lots.  

Better of Two Evils

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:21 pm
Singrea
what type of font do u suggest
I'd suggest a scripty or calligraphic font for the 'Mystic Tale' part, and a plainish serifs font for the other part.

Umm thats just a suggestion though, I'm not sure how it would work out sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:12 pm
I suggest you silloute*sp8 the crystal and make it have some fighters in front of it also sillouted  

Keitaro Masaya

Jayta Kimioji

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:03 pm
sp8?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:11 am
If you have Photoshop, you can try putting that crystal on a different layer and trying to emboss it in some way. Or else make two layers of the crystal, embossing the top layer and then setting it's mode to something that makes the crystal look a bit more like a crystal >w<

It looks pretty though biggrin Just, I think the crystal should look a little more 3D-ish. Yea :3  

hello hoshi

6,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Raine Dragon

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:18 am
I would say try to make the crystal stand out without adding the dark shadow. Also, try to use the space better, right now, you have a large empty spot.

ways to fill it:
*add other shapes
*add a long cast shaddow from the crystal, but keep in mind, it must be light...
*perhaps add something for the crystal to de sitting on...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:45 am
Heh, I would say more cystals or made throw in a animation and make crystal sparkle  

Wolven Lurker

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff