Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
FireFox and IE? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

And you roll with..
Internet Explorer!
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
FireFox!
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
Something else -.-
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:04 pm
Okay, so I have Internet Explorer.

Its alright I suppose, but from what I hear about FireFox is "SOOO MANY GREAT THINGS!"

Is it really that great o_O And if I do get FireFox, can I get ride of IE without loosing everything?

Whats your opinion on the two webbing browsers.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:08 pm
I use firefox. It loads faster for me. 3nodding
I haven't used IE since I got firefox.  

Oh Snap its Kaitlin

Shameless Elocutionist

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Megathread 100

P e a C o c k -- n a r i

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:08 pm
I Always use IE7. I rarley use firefox now. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:09 pm
Neither.

I use lolifox.

Ever since I moved to Firefox/lolifox, Ive never had browser problems or ads, ever.

[Noi]

sa-mi-ra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:11 pm
I never use Internet Exploder unless I'm forced to. It's just way too slow, and you have to clear your cache every five seconds if you don't want your computer to crash. D: h8

Firefox is easier, faster, more reliable and prettier than IE.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:15 pm
Its even prettier? xD

But if I get Firefox, I'll still have IE on my computer..doesn't having that web browser, take up "space" ?

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

Pailzor
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:18 pm
I think I'm the only person in the world who's had problems with FireFox....
It's crashed a couple times without giving any kind of warning whatsoever. All windows I had open just randomly disappeared.
Also, for me, it screws up PM chains. And so, I never use it for Gaia unless I need to go on a mule at the same time as this account.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:22 pm
Moonlight_Bella
Its even prettier? xD

But if I get Firefox, I'll still have IE on my computer..doesn't having that web browser, take up "space" ?

No, unless you have a REALLY full computer. : D
You can switch all your bookmarks, browsing history and so on on FF if you download it and start using it instead.
There's no reason why you shouldn't change it.
If more people stop using IE, they might realize that the entire coding on that browser sucks and that they have to do something about it. D:

sa-mi-ra

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:23 pm
Zor: Oh nois. D:

Sa-Mi-Ra: Thank you! <33

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:26 pm
I may have had that problem with FF windows disappearing, too, Pailzor. But if I hit ctrl-alt-del they show up there.

FF sometimes crashes for me, but that could be because I'm usually on wireless and the pages have a ton of flash/ javascript embedded in them. And in FF 2.0 if a browser window closes without you actually clicking the red 'X' it restores the last session.

But I hate using IE now; it's so damn slow and half the time it crashes as soon as I open it. Plus it doesn't have spell-check built in whee

And I'd leave IE on your computer. Just in case, since FF occasionally has issues with certain websites.  

Zephire

eclara

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:27 pm
I use Internet Explorer more. I don't really compare the two. I have always used IE. My IE has tabs just like Firefox, so I just stuck with it. My friend's FireFox is prettier though. It's black and round like...and stuff.... ;P  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:39 pm
I used Opera but now i use Firefox  

xX Sheng Xx

wipeout4wh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:51 pm
i use opera...its a lot better than IE or firefox,
IE sucks
Firefox is kinda slow sometimes

Opera has tabs, and you can restore the last session every time you close it.
the bar at the top is a lot smaller too...so you can see everything, there is also a fullscreen mode  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:54 pm
[Noi]
Neither.

I use lolifox.

Ever since I moved to Firefox/lolifox, Ive never had browser problems or ads, ever.
    User Image
    ---------||..::Karine says::..||---------

I need to download that one then, too. xD
-has Opera, Netscape, FF, IE, and Safari-

I like Opera better then any of them, but I got way too used to all my Firefox extensions. xD

Etoile.Heureuse

Biyanka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:55 pm
Firefox. Internet Explorer goes very slow for me sometimes where Firefox is always quick. It simple to use which is good because I'm browser illiterate for the most part. And I love that it has a spell checker! xd :  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff