Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply RP Haven
NEW PLOT IDEAS,ADVICE AND ARGUMENTS. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:14 pm
Due to the advice of another, I've opened another thread. The new plot seemed iffy for others, thus, since we are all in this together, we all want a plot we can all be satisfied with, let us begin here, working out all kinks and solve any problems you may have with the rp.
Refer to the rp for the ORIGINAL PLOT!!!.
I shall poster the newer plot idea below:

The Old World, shattered into a myriad of nations. Some are trying to dig back to the roots of their culture the Order stripped away, some trying to build something new out of the rubble left behind. Others, like the Bandakaran Empire, consider themselves part of the D'haran Army.

There are pockets loyal to the Order, under the control of one or two of the wizard-priests of the Fellowship of the Order or military commanders who have seized control. Small areas of dictatorship that, because of the strain on everyone during the war (the Order's side included) have been left alone for a time so as not to have people starve and have no homes. A central power, the size of the New World, and the center of the Order's remaining power, Richard Rahl put behind a barrier.

With the world in such straights, no one can really continue the war, and so they focus on rebuilding, denying trade to Order countries to keep them slower on the rebuild, planning on rolling over them once capable of doing so again.

Now, the new Dreamwalker has begun pulling these pockets of Order under his control, using the opportunity to strike at Richard as the barrier he created falls, the Order's strength starting to roll over surrounding countries as the pockets of Order fight in to meet the Central power, connecting to their supply chains to create enough strength to surprise and take over large sections of the Old World.

Now, it has taken quite awhile for word of this to reach back to the New World, most of it coming from D'haran countries there while the others are focused on the war.
Without Richard to pull everyone together, they attempt to fight alone, falling to the Order as the New World pools its strength with those willing to listen in the Old World.

The threat thankfully not right at the doorstep to the New World, resides at the edges of the "D'Haran Empire," as those farthest from the fighting are more willing to pool with such a force, and those most likely to consider themselves such are closest to the New World. Large numbers of forces are down at a battlefield in the Old World being prepared for the Order, building defenses while inside the nations, armed forces are being trained and raised to go on the move south to where the confrontation is soon to take place, the Order finishing to consolidate power, and it's army preparing to move against the gathered forces going against it. (All of this a few months off now, having been going non-stop since Richard's death two years ago. )

The New World strengthened in Old World forces, and having the good fortune of having smaller damage to rebuild from, gives them about equal footing with the Order, making things a bit less helpless, thus, it seems more that this is a war which will decimate whoever survives it, and not so much one that depends on prophecy and ancient powers such as the Boxes of Orden, to win, like the previous war had been. So it's not so much a helpless fight, as one everyone recognizes as being horrible, and even if they get victory, they will not win in the end.

NOW DISCUSS, PLOT, AND ARGUE AWAY!!!.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:43 am
-brain go bye bye- D:

'Tis 5 am here. n.n;

I haven't had good experience with roleplays on Gaia.  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:05 pm
Hm.....it would seem that I might have to make some crucial changes to the flow of events. In the actual RP right now, we're not on the same page with the new plot. This means it's time for some crucial turn of events that will curve the RP back onto the same path as the plotline.

The way we have it right now, we know of only one involvement of conflict, and that would be the town attacked in southern D'Hara when, in fact, we should already be aware of and taking action towards all this "turmoil" that the Old World is in.

Sounds like it's time for another messenger to pop in with reports of the goings-on in the Old World from one of our armies in the South. Maybe even a few messages.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:00 pm
Well, from what I'm reading, the D'Haran Empire hasn't really entered the war itself yet, more preparing a solid line of defense against it as seperate, independant powers have been fighting the New Order by themselves.

The biggest problem I see so far is how much stronger this makes the threta of forces behind where the battle lines are being drawn, which may require more being sent towards it.

Of course, if the therat is assumed to be greater then ungifted could face, and with the powerful gifted preparing the lines and the main character gifted working on the background problems of spells that can kill people off, it might actually get the response it did, with the gifted putting it on the backburner to face deeper threats and a small contingent being set to get some real threat evaluation.

Hmm.  

Galapagos James

6,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:58 pm
Alright, so we've decided then that the new World has had no involvement with the New Order/Old World other than the one incident in Southern D'Hara? That for the most part we don't know much about what's happening, only that something is happening and it involves the Order again? I can go along with that.

Gal, from what you're saying its kind of like the idea behind Chainfire and Phantom, that the main characters are working with the dangerous and powerful magic behind the strange things happening and the soldiers and free people in the Old World are in conflict with those supporting the Order.

Do i have that right, or am I a little off?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:30 pm
For the most part you are right. ^w^ But from what I'm hearing from some of you, is the original plot line I had made up....just isn't staying true enough to the books and such.......*sighes in frustration* This is a bit complicated, since it's...well, it's SOT. But we should be able to pull this off.
So, I want to know from each of you, what you think can be done to improve the plot.  

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Galapagos James

6,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:17 pm
Well, we kind of know what's happening in a broad sense, but not day-by-day. You've gotten what I seem to understand from the thing.

But I could be wrong.

Anyway, I like it. *Shrugs.*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:23 pm
Well for now, let us simply continue with the rp, it seems activity is lacking, so...I understand if you are all busy and stuff...but the lacking of activity is LOW, and this is not good!!. *cries*
crying  

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Galapagos James

6,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:29 pm
Yes, well, unfortunately I'm in a bit of a corner, really.

There's nothing really for me to write about, seeing as my character is alone. I'm really trapped in the position of waiting for time to move forward to update his movements, since he doesn't really hit any sideplot until he reaches D'Hara.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:32 am
Alright, what we need to kep the RP moving is plot. Since it is the beginning, the whole storyline is still forming, and to make a good RP, you have to contribute to forming a plot. I'm trying to move the story forward and give it shapeas best as i can. When i write, i shoot from the hip, lol.

And shooting from the hip has inevitably landed me in a potential place where the story could get interesting, but before i do anything to the story beyond mending, i felt that i needed to consult with my crew on this one, a.k.a. you guys.

i noticed the new thread where Galen is talking about creating our own world. Well, here's where things could get interesting. We've all probably written our own stories or created our own minirature worlds and characters and races and languages, etc, etc, etc. I'm no different. I was creating a world on my own, but it was too vast and complicated to do for th time that i had.

I created three seperate continents, collectively known as Erindurea. While two were still for the most part mysterious (the main character lives on one and that's where most of the story takes place, therefore he would know nothing of the others. So, those two are still available for any and all development. i have a simple sketch of the one my character knows), i believe i could find a way to make this work.

Can anyone say what lies beyond the borders of Goodkind's world? What's to the north? east? west? We could make it anything. But one thing that was partially mentioned and used in SOT was the South. What's there? Warm climate, and water, i.e. ocean. As far as Goodkind got into it, no one knows of what lands are out there beyond the horizon. The only use of ships was slong the shoreline, which was highly effective (like the Sisters of the Dark did) because everything that's anything is all mainland.

Therefore, who's to say we can't tie SOT and all its rules and magic to other lands, who all go by the same principles, but different ways of living? different uses of magic, different kinds of spells, some the same some new, but all following the same principles Goodkind layed down?

i think this would be a unique oppurtinity to import a collection of each of our own characters and everything by dragging SOT's map southward to include our own, unique, consentuos lands but all based on the laws and nature of SOT.

This way we would be following Galen's idea with the existing RP. And we can use new races along with the existing ones like Gars and Dragons. (with that thought in mind, scratch what I said about Elves in the other thread)  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:08 pm
Hmm....you bring up an interesting idea with the other world ideas discussed in Galen's thread.
I say...as the admin of the rp....LET'S GO FOR IT!. This could be interesting, all we need to work out is the general basis of tying this into the plot.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:24 pm
Well, yes, before we implement somthing of this magnitude, it must be well thought out and completely consentual. Everyone has a say in this. But not just that, this means we will all have to come out into the open with a little background about what we're including.  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:46 pm
Do this mean we're up for it? Do we want to try to incorperate our own worlds into this?

Don't be afraid to speak up and offer your own characters, lands, races, etc. The more input, the better.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:22 pm
I have tons of races as well as a few new organizations (villainsous mostly, though one brotherhood is good) that I could pitch in. :3  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:32 am
Thank you so much for keeping the ideas flowing while I've been away guys.....^w^ *huggles you all*
Hopefully....I should be able to start getting on now and again...at least a bit more often......lately things have just been rocky.....*sighes*  
RP Haven

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff