Welcome to Gaia! ::

_~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_

Back to Guilds

Pokeshipping, Palletshipping and so, so much more. 

Tags: Pokemon, Romance, Yaoi, Slash, Shipping 

Reply _~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_
List of 'Ships in Pokespecial that are Canon...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angelic Indigo Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:15 pm
The full title of this thread would be:
"List of 'Ships in Pokespecial that are Canon (Or, at least close to it)"
Written by ze manga-expert:

Quote:

PokeSpecial Shippings with 100% or close to 100% proof:
1) Bill + Daisy = the two met during the Pokemon Tournament League in vol. 13, and at the end of the GSC saga, there's a scene where Bill is typing away on his computer, and Daisy is bringing him tea on a tray (kinda like the husband and wife scenery). Then in FR/LG, Green once teased Bill about why Daisy isn't with him, and Bill blushed. Pretty much an official ship I'd say.

2) Wallace + Winona = from vol. 19, it's clear that the two have had a relationship in the past, though it seems over at the present moment as Winona has said 'the relationship we once had no longer holds true'. But then if you read one of the newest Netkun summaries, in a scene where Wallace holds Winona's hand before they part ways to help other gymleaders, it's clear that they still have feelings for each other. Again, a solid ship.

3) Pika + Chuchu = as most of you already know, the two produced an egg while in the Goldenrod Daycare center. A solid pokemon ship, or couple, should I say?

4) Ruby + Sapphire = started out as almost bitter rivals, Ruby and Sapphire detested each other at the beginning due to their totally opposite characters. However, the two have actually met at a younger age, during which they had completely opposite personalities compared with who they are now. A tragic Salamence incident at that time changed both of them profoundly, and at the same time made them deem each other the 'one' in their lives. All these years, neither Ruby nor Sapphire remember exactly who each other is, but devoted their own goals for the boy/girl during their childhood. After their training on the Mirage Island, Sapphire finally revealed her feelings for Ruby, who only then realized that Sapphire is the girl he's been dreaming about all these years. Right before the Sootopolis showdown, Ruby confessed his feelings for Sapphire as well, and revealed to her that he is no other than the boy she's been dreaming about all these years.

PokeSpecial Shippings that are one-wayed or strongly hinted:
1) Red + Misty = from vol.12 and the last chapter of the GSC saga, it's clear from Misty's attitude that she has strong feelings for Red (she got upset about Red and Yellow's close relationship). Red blushed with embarrassment when Blue teased about his relationship with Misty and Yellow, but so far, there isn't any proof that he might feel the same way for Misty. In fact, Red gets his head in the air everytime a girl shows affection to him. Remember how he blushed and praised Blue's cuteness when she used sweet words to trick him into buying her fake items back in vol.2?

2) Red + Yellow = in the yellow saga, although Yellow set out on a long journey to search for Red whom she barely knew, it wasn't until the very end of this saga that a shipping was hinted. In that scene when everyone was returning to Kanto from Cerise, Red's finger and Yellow's finger were linked together by a silk thread of Yellow's Caterpie (who evolved all the way to Butterfree during the last fight). When Red mentioned about living together to solver Pika's ownership problem, Yellow blushed. In the GSC saga, Yellow gets worried about Red when she knows his wrists were still injured, then in that GSC last scene, Yellow blushed deeply as well following Blue's comment. A strong hint of shipping, though it's unclear whether Yellow's feelings for Red is true affection, or simply adoration. Red, on the other hand, didn't know Yellow's a girl til the end of GSC, so there hasn't been proof to his take on the matter either.

3) Blue + Silver = being the masked children of Mask of Ice during their childhood, Blue and Silver have relied on each other for a very long time. If you ask me, I'd say the two share more like an elder sister + younger brother kind of relationship than anything else. Silver clearly adores and worships Blue in a way. At the end of the lost chapter 'Escape' which acts as a prequel to the FRLG series, Silver gave Blue her new clothes, and had a bemused look on his face when he says he's sure the new clothes would look good on Blue. So there is a strong feeling, but whether it's affection or not, it remains untold. Blue, on the other hand, cares for Silver like an elder sister. I don't remember any scenes that suggest her having feelings beyond a close sibling bond with Silver.

4) Gold + Crystal = Gold first saw Crys in Vol. 12 when they are faced with the rampaging Lugia, and being his usual aggressiveness towards courting girls, Gold jumped off from the electrical pod to reach Crys in the broken sailboat, only to discover that Silver is a split second earlier than him. Crys was appalled by Gold's 'wildness' and mischief at first, but as during the last battle(s), she probably started having feelings for him after seeing his unflinching attitude in upholding the value of pokemons, and his determination to fight down the Mask of Ice. When Gold returned from the voids of time after everybody thought he's dead, Crys broke into tears of relief. I'd say Crys definitely has cultivated an affection towards Gold to certain extent, but on Gold's part, he probably treated Crys as yet another cute girls to show off himself to, although the two obviously have solid a friendship as well.

PokeSpecial Shippings that are more subtle:
1) Green + Blue = When the two first met high above Saffron, Blue commented on Green's good looks and did her usual cutesy flirting, but Green put her off with an annoyed tone. At the same scene, when Green flew away, Blue kept her eyes on Green with an expression that suggests coyness, giving readers an impression that she did get drawn to Green to certain extent. At the end of the GSC saga, when Red, Green, Blue fought against Ho-Oh and Lugia on the three legendary birds, Blue got thrown off Moltres, and Green saved her with Zapdos. Blue had a somewhat embarrassed look, but Green kept his cool. At the end of all three chapters, Green always commented Blue as the pesky girl. While Blue's feelings for Green were only apparent in that first encounter, and Green never once showed a real affection towards Blue, some would extrapolate on such a ship from Green's cold but constant watching over of Blue all this time, and Blue's either intended or coincidental embarrassment towards Green every time.

PokeSpecial Shippings that are one-off or less solid:
1) Flannery + Tabitha = this ship came about from a scene that Flannery hugged Tabitha passionately after the two successfully (though turned out not to be) revived Mt. Chimney's volcanic activity. Technically the two have only met once, and while it's safe to say that Flannery has some sort of adoration for Tabitha for being on her side, and Tabitha probably doesn't mind good-looking girls sprawling over him, it's still too early to say if it can even constitute a ship. We'll see what the future Hoenn chapters bring.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:33 pm
Ah, Teashipping, MangaQuestshipping and Chosenshipping! <3

So very cute! heart

Artistic Annie

Invisible-chan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:11 pm
I don't care much for manga quest shipping. Especially when I think of my brother as Gold and me as Crys. I'm more of a Silver/Crys fan and see Silver Blue as more of a brother/sister relationship as said previously.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:08 am
Red/Yellow is so adorable. -sighs-  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Yellow-kun
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:55 pm
SpecialShipping FTW.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:51 pm
*raises hand* Question..! Could you include Will/Karen in this? They appear quite close and were partners under the Mask of Ice....  

SakuraMauToki

2ndPokeMaster

Crystal Abomination

8,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:46 pm
I personally think that Red see Yellow as a little sister of sorts, and Blue and Silver seem to have a brother-sister relationship, as well... (Then again, I DO go by the Viz translation... We're on RS arc now...)  
_~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games