Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Break Ins Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What Do You Think Of Crime?
  Hang 'Em High!
  Idiots, Why Would You Do That?
  Poll Whore
View Results

Athilea Majiri

Victorious Hunter

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:10 pm
So, someone tried to break into my apartment.

I was sitting in the living room, here on gaia. I was chatting with Pickles, who is awesome. Then I hear a series of 3 loud banging noises in the back, around where the back door is. It comes once and I look at my bedroom door, it cam again, and I continue staring, still unsure of it's it my apartment the sound is coming from. The third time I heard it *bam bam bam* I heard something that sounded like splintering wood, or something breaking. I was in the front so it was muffled. So I called 911.

While I'm on the phone with the operator I hear another sound that made me things of my screen door. I was thinking whoever it was had made it in, but I didn't hear anything after that. The operator asked me if I had attempted to look, and I told her no. So I went to the bedroom door, which is half glass half wood, I'm sure you know the style I mean. I didn't see anything. So I went into the room, the glass was broken. My fiance thinks the guy punched the window in. I leave the apartment and go to my neighbors door, and tell him what happened.

He went around the building to look at the damage right as the officer pulled up, and the guy that was trying to get in took off running.

This guy actually pushed the dead bolt through the wooden frame! He was almost in and I didn't even know it.

I want to know what your opinion is of this stuff? My fiance and I were both raised poor, and we are busting our asses trying to keep this roof over our head. We both feel violated, and we can't figure out what the logic behind it is. Give your opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I've never had someone try to break in, thankfully. But I don't know why they would choose your apartment. Probably it was just close to where they were. They usually don't have that much logic behind robberies.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Cute
Artist

Bratty Witch

24,825 Points
  • Just Cute Witch Things 500
  • Live Fast! Die Garish! 500
  • Team Kitten Star 75

Oh Snap its Kaitlin

Shameless Elocutionist

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:16 pm
Thats horrible. Well you caught the guy right?
Its crazy that you were just minding your own business and suddenly someone is trying to break into your apartment.

I'd be scared like crazy if anyone tried to do that to me.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:30 pm
User Image
[[ I'd be scared shitless if something like that happened to me.

Actually, I'm sort of surprised that hasn't happened to me yet, because I live in a rather artistic-looking home, right next to an area renowned for its crime.

So, did the guy get caught?
]]

Τί χρώμα είναι αγάπη;
User Image

x Sasami

Brago Bellmond

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:45 pm
We've been broken into twice. The first time, I was here all alone and crap, and he comes busting in through the back door and stares right at me.I go 'b***h!' and run after him. I had my cell phone in my pocket and was calling 911 as I was chasing him. I eventually ran him out and tackled him to the ground as the police were arriving. Unfortunately they thought I was the bad dude and they took me out quite effectively.

Second time, nobody was here, and they made off with a lot of our stuff, computer, t.v's, MY CLOTHES!! <.<  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:48 pm
Omg. It must be awful knowing someone's tried to break in, I'd crap my pants if that happened to me. I'm such a p***y. I live in a student house so it's pretty much delapidated and easily broken into aswell.

Hope you're okay though, fix the bolt! Keep a baseball bat by your bed at night o_o

Cherry Choo

Baka Choy

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:52 pm
Sadly i had a break in at my house once.

well i didnt know anything about it because i was at my after school that time. what i saw was our kitchen window broken into little tiny shards which i thought it was to small for the robbers to come inside. everything open in our house.(including safes
drawers and cabnets.) my mom came back from the store and outside the looking through the door window, she saw shadows and she quickly called 911.

They didnt catch the robbers though. crying  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:52 pm
Holy shiznit o.o

I would be scared to death >.< And only 3 rooms have phones; all rooms without locks on it. The only room wit a lock is the bathroom but the portable phone is in the hallway too far away..  

FullmetalEDlover

6,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100

Athilea Majiri

Victorious Hunter

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:55 pm
We can do better then a baseball bat. We have a shotgun and a VERY nice hand gun with special hollow points.

And I was more of asking why people break into peoples home in the first place. I think I know what the guy looks like, but since I didn't see him run off I can't be sure. But if it's the guy I think, he was looking for more then to steal my stuff. *shudders* He's the type of guy that I want to gouge the eyes out of his sockets when he looks at me.

No they haven't caught the guy yet. They did trap him in a rather large area though. They were still looking for him when they came back for the report.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:04 pm
Dang, I'd have nightmares forever.  

KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:08 pm
I've always lived next door to a cop (by chance) so I've never had that problem.

but I bet it sucks having to pay for the damages. you could sue him if he gets caught, but you have to hope he has the money to pay you, or it just sucks.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:11 pm
wow scarey stuff, i was at home for the last 3 days alone and i won't go into the basement because i could of swore i heard footsteps and voices...my brother's friends know how to break ni and it's my parents house so blah  

irave with rainbows

SilentRedemption

Loyal Giver

8,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:24 pm
I don't think I'd feel safe in my home after that. I'd feel violeted and unable to trust the locks O_O  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:29 pm
That really sucks  

Bikki Kobayashi II

Karvasa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:45 pm
Woah well sorry to here that man well obviously the robber was retarded did he not see the light from your computer iff he did he's one bad robber  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff