Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Glassy Eye Stare

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

glassy eye
  stare
View Results

Flowers For Demon Horns

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:57 pm
Have you ever seen the girl with the boots? The ankle high dr. martens. The girl with the knee length Army green skirt? The one the billows in the breeze. Have you seen the girl with the black sweatshirt? The one with the to-long sleeves. Have you seen the girl with the hood over here head? The one with the blond hair flowing over here shoulders. Have you seen the girl with the glassy eye stare? The stare that makes you think she’s just not there. Most people say she to involved in herself to see things around her. I think she’s seeing everything, but her brains to over loaded to react. Some say she strange even disturbed. I think she’s fighting an inner battle, not of good or evil but of happiness or sorrow. Most say she’s distant. I say she’s to near to react. People near her say she’s happy. I say she puts up a front of happiness, but when she’s alone the sorrow consumes her, putting her mind into turmoil. Most stay away. I dare not come near. Most can’t hear these words. I can, because I’m right here, I’m her sorrowful thoughts, bending and twisting my way to the page. Have you ever seen the girl with the glassy eye stare? If you do, dare not to come near, for you might get a taste of the chaos right under the skin.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:32 am
That was very nicely written. I especially like the twist where you reveal you're her thoughts, not just a random person walking by. A few editorial mistakes, but those are fixable.  

Reese_Roper

Flowers For Demon Horns

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:49 am
Reese_Roper
That was very nicely written. I especially like the twist where you reveal you're her thoughts, not just a random person walking by. A few editorial mistakes, but those are fixable.
Thanks ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:10 pm
hm. this is really interesting, and i like it a lot. i think, though, i would have liked it just as much if it WAS just some guy observing instead of her thoughts. it was a nice twist though.

you could probably stretch this out if you wanted.  

in the flicker.

Flowers For Demon Horns

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:23 pm
in the flicker.
hm. this is really interesting, and i like it a lot. i think, though, i would have liked it just as much if it WAS just some guy observing instead of her thoughts. it was a nice twist though.

you could probably stretch this out if you wanted.
thank you. I would try to expand it, but i just wouldn't know what to write.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:18 pm
Paragraphs.
I like the subject.  

Xahmen
Vice Captain

Voxxx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:57 pm
That was a nice change from most of the stuff I've been reading lately. Summer reading just can't compare with an actual person's writing, you know?
Anyway, there were a few grammatical mistakes. "Her" is e-less on the end. "To-long" should be "too long" but apart from that it's a lovely piece. I really liked the idea behind it, and the end was haunting. Good job.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:24 am
Voxxx
That was a nice change from most of the stuff I've been reading lately. Summer reading just can't compare with an actual person's writing, you know?
Anyway, there were a few grammatical mistakes. "Her" is e-less on the end. "To-long" should be "too long" but apart from that it's a lovely piece. I really liked the idea behind it, and the end was haunting. Good job.

yeah, I'm not all that great at grammer, I know what you mean about summer reading, its just so boring.

@zahmen thanks, but I wouldn't know how to paragraph it, to me it's more like a poem.  

Flowers For Demon Horns

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:26 am
Nice subject.

A few grammar errors. Remember to give your works a quick check over before you submit them. You can spot errors really easily when just reading the piece over once.

People with glassy-eyed stares scare me... (like that substitute teacher I had. *shudder*)  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games