Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Parents don't want their children getting outside! D:< Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

singull

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:29 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Something I started ranting to myself two nights ago when I couldn't sleep.

I started thinking about how people are all like, "omg kids need to get outside and play and all that!"
But like...Nick Jr. and other big kid show thingers send these kids to play games on their websites..
And basically sit on their asses all day and play on the computer...
Making them fat...
And making people b***h about fat children...
Because their parents and the dumbasses out there telling kids to get out and play let their youngins go onto the computer...
And then there's the parents that possibly b***h about their kids coming onto websites that have a certain age limit or whatever [you know, like how Gaia has the whole you gotta be 13+ to make an account].
And yeah.

I'm not making too much sense right now because I'm tired.
I may or may not edit this later to possibly make it seem like I'm spouting less bullshit.

So yeah...
gimme ur opinions naow if you could understand meeeee!11 D:<

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:34 am
its true but nick jr and that stuff need kids to keep watching so if they can get them to stay inside they will watch more shows
i personally stay in because british weather sucks and my friends arent partically close to where i live so i have to go once a week
plus my parents dont mind, i've always stayed in the house by myself, but i DO have lots of friends.... and i'm not fat.... well i had a operation that ended up with a surprising result of me not getting fat ever, i honestly didnt know, but i wont have had it if i had the choice i have 3 horrible scar (one of which shouldn't have been there but i ended up with something wrong with my intestines after ther operation) and i ended up getting to much stress from the operation i got hsp  

xXxBowDownToChocolatexXx

Fashionable Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Arin FireSin

Invisible Shapeshifter

21,175 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Contributor 150
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:52 am
getting or going?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:53 am
I guess its true....but like alot of kids go outside......sometimes......  

Arin FireSin

Invisible Shapeshifter

21,175 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Contributor 150
  • The Wolf Within 100

xXxBowDownToChocolatexXx

Fashionable Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:12 pm
Arin FireSin
getting or going?

?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:18 pm
I wouldn't play outtside in my road if you PAID me!!!

The 'kids' who are about 18 down my road are selfish, arrogant (censored). I wouldn't want to be seen dead with them!

Unless of course they killed me. Then I would want to be seen dead with them.

PLUS kids who don't go outside in my school are a hell of a lot smarter then those who do. (but that's just my road, so don't flame me with all that 'stereotype' crap)

And I'm not fat either!

Extremist-Saint-Joey

WhyAreYouStalkingMe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:20 pm
c o s p l a y b o i
[you know, like how Gaia has the whole you gotta be 13+ to make an account].

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
I mean...
*coughness*
xD
Yeah, sorry. Its just that... I've been joining sites like these where you can interact with people across the world that you don't know, who say you've got to be at least 13 and all... since I was NINE years old. xDD <3 (And I was literate back then, too. :3 Though still a major n00b. xD;; )
So... erm... I couldn't be completely honest about my age back then to join those sites. *shifty glances*

BUT.

That aside, my parents do complain that I spend too much time on the computer... but the thing is, I'm on a YEAR-ROUND SWIM TEAM that takes THREE hours of my time every weekday, where they work us to death. I think even with me sitting at the computer a lot, I don't have to worry about my health or weight seeing as how much I exercise. xD;;

As for Nick Jr... well, we don't even have cable - we only have seven channels - so I never see any of those type of commercials. ^^;; Besides, I don't really watch that much TV anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:27 pm
Extremist-Saint-Joey

Unless of course they killed me. Then I would want to be seen dead with them.

rofl rofl rofl sorry but i find that funny sorry if it isnt supposed to be  

xXxBowDownToChocolatexXx

Fashionable Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

CuriousKitty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:28 pm
I don't get out much, but I'm trying to fix that. I'm not fat, but I am out of shape xD;

As for parents, mine have never been like that. If anything I get the "You should try to keep your face clearer." because I have random bouts of acne D;

But I agree, Nick is a hypocrite. But those hypocrites show Avatar so I can't hate them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:31 pm
CuriousKitty
I don't get out much, but I'm trying to fix that. I'm not fat, but I am out of shape xD;

As for parents, mine have never been like that. If anything I get the "You should try to keep your face clearer." because I have random bouts of acne D;

But I agree, Nick is a hypocrite. But those hypocrites show Avatar so I can't hate them.

yeah i'm one stone or pound (i forget which) more than i want to be but thats because i'm on holiday (i had to do a lot of swimming to make sure i didnt gain another when i was at a 2 week holiday, and it worked)
i dont usually get spots but i might be allegic to something in malta cause i suddenly got them on my forehead and chest neutral  

xXxBowDownToChocolatexXx

Fashionable Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Liquid Muffin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:37 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image« liquid.muffin.saYs.»
    My parents complain about me being on the computer that much. rofl [Good thing I eat healthy foods. n__n] They always tell me to go outside, but whenever I say 'and do what?' they leave me alone. xD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:52 pm
its like get out and play, then go sit on your but playing mindless games on our website!  

XAmberrXO

WalkingEpidemic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:53 pm
it's a vicious cycle...
♪♥♪

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:05 pm
Haha, it all comes down to will power and motivation.

I agree, the television programs are hypocritical. Sometimes they say, " go online NOW to view our selection of games!" whiler others say something like, " Get out, and go play." Most of the time its the same channel that says both of them. I suppose if the parents really care about the children actually enjoying their childhoods they would turn off the tv, take away the computer, and remove the toys/electronics from the children for at least a few hours a day so they can go out and do stuff.  

AWoLShadows

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces