Pokemon D/P Strategy [Best Party for Double Battles]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Perfect Specimen

Generous Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:13 pm
A party partially depends on a person's personality, but for a good party there are a few things you may need. I am going to state what I think is the best party, not including legendary pokemon.

First, a good starter is one that is a type or pair of types that have little or no weaknesses. Also the starter should have a powerful attack. A good choice for this is Dialga or Palkia, but since I'm not using legendaries, a good second would be a Wailord or Empoleon with Hydro Pump. The starter should be paired with a quick heavy-hitter. The rest of your party should be split between high defence pokemon and damage dealers. Some good defenders are Blissey, Wailord, Empoleon, Snorlax, Steelix, Cloister, Aggron, and plenty others. The best choices for defenders are water or normal types, because ground, steel, and rock have too many weaknesses, however they can be useful for playing a double role as heavy hitters and defenders. Now for heavy-hitters, there are alot of choices. Most any Fire, Psychic, Rock, Ground, Ghost, Dark or Dragon type can have the possibility of being a heavy hitter. I believe a great choice would be an Alakazam with recover.

Feel free to state your opinions on a good party for Double Battles, or comment on my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:31 pm
I usually like to look at particular Pokemon rather than generalise -- although to be honest, I don't double battle often in the first place. A (hypothetical) combo I like would probably be Rhyperior and Gyarados. They both have impressive attack, and Rhyperior could earthquake away and Gyarados would be fine, and it also has Lightningrod! No more 4x weakness for Gyarados.  

Chibi Kawaii-chan

CottonHelm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:23 pm
This strategy works great for me in Battle Tower.

I call it, Sharpened Claws.

There are three mandatory things you need for this strat. A Clefable (preferabley trained to be an HP-Wall) with a Sitrus Berry, and the attack Follow Me (I personally have one with Follow Me, Recycle, Cosmic Power and Flamethrower for good measure). Make sure it has a recovery move too. Probably Moonlight. And then you need a Ninjask with a Focus Sash, and the attacks Swords Dance, Baton Pass and maybe Double Team (or any other two attacks you may wish it to have, mine being Double Team and Dig). Finally, get someone with an extremely high ATK, hopefully one with Dragon Claw (since it can regularly effect all but one type. Mine is Flygon.) Don't worry about Speed, you won't need it. Be sure to also have another pok'emon, possibly with the Toxic Protection combo for backup.

Keep getting Clefable to use Follow Me, directing attacks towards itself, using a recovery move if you need it. While it creates a diversion, get Ninjask to use Swords Dance 3 times. If you're feeling lucky you can also get him to use any other status moves he might have. Additionally, every turn Ninjask is out, it's Speed Boost will raise it's speed by one stage. Then when you feel he's good to go, Baton Pass over to your high ATK pok'emon. All the stat changes will be passed to that pok'emon, including Ninjask's speed boosts. Now whale on the enemies using physical attacks, not caring if the attack is not very effective.

You can also try giving the ATKer something to increase the power of it's attacks.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:44 pm
I WILL TAKE MY CDS NOW  

Nelacar

Wi-Fi Connection

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas