Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Pink Piggy Pencil

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you keep people from stealing your pencils?
  I don't
  With pink frilly bows
  I don't lend them
  Other
View Results

~Viva~Per~Amore~

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:40 pm
This is for the teenagers and anyone in a work place where someone asks to borrow a pencil. The problem is that they ususally forget the pencil is borrowed and keep it.

This is the crafty way to keep pencils from being stolen.

User Image

Sorry for the picture size, click here http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/laurie121212/pictures/Picture065.jpg if it doesn't show up.

Just make bows out of pink or a frilly fabric (for girls) and add buttons or even shiny cardboard. Use hot glue to put the bow on the pencil, but it looks nicer if you use string to tie the bow instead of using hot glue, the hot glue makes it harder to put on the button. I even layered buttons on the orange pencil, but the black one is my favorite, Make sure the bow is low enough that you can still use the eraser.

I have only had one of these pencils stolen, and two can usually last you the entire year.

I got the idea from my grandma when last year she gave me shiny pencils with pink frilly fabric in bow shapes and shiny cardboard cut like stars, these pencils were our wands and she had a cute note to go with them, the only thing I didn't like was the star was to high and it was hard to use the eraser. You can also make pencil gifts for little kids.

Edit:

I just found a really cute button that looked like a piggy nose.

Well, just see for yourself

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:45 pm
Hmm... good idea.
I've had at LEAST 10 or more pencils borrowed and kept... mostly by boys... sweatdrop
I think I'll try it for this year. 3nodding  

Sugar Bandit

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:32 am
I went to school with someone who never had a pencil with her. She would come into every class and ask to borrow a pencil, she'd go to her next class and need to borrow another one. I swear she was the Bermuda triangle of pencils.
I finally found the perfect way to stop people from borrowing pencils from me, I'd bite the shaft a few times to make it look like I chewed on my pencils all the time. Nobody wants to borrow a chewed pencil. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:44 am
I always used the pencil chewing trick until I switched over to mechanical pencils- the ones in rainbow colors. What I'd do then is only loan out the sort of mustard colored ones that I didn't like- and they were so ugly I usually got them back.  

Blue-eyes-green

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:47 am
Those are cute! You could probably sell little trinkets like those at crafts fairs  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:59 am
that would be fun, but I'd probably have to wait until next summer to do it, then I could sell them at the outdoor market on saturdays, but I'd need something else to sell with them, and a whole lot more buttons.  

~Viva~Per~Amore~

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:07 pm
*struggles valiently against inner Japanese school girl*

*fails miserably*

KAWAIII!

Okay, sorry about that but that is such a cute pencil! Unfortunately, I'm afraid it may be counter productive- while no one will forget that they borrowed such a pencil and walk off with it by mistake, someone will undoubtedly try to steal it on purpose. So cute....  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:16 pm
Hehe, how adorable!! mrgreen  

Ska Hippie

Moko117

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:35 pm
CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:00 am
aww that is so cute!! wat i usually do is take a pipe cleaner a curl it up like a spring. Then I take a pom pom(craft ones) and glue on two of those bead eyes on the pom pom. Then lets say im making a bird i take some craft foam cut it into wings and stick it to the side of the pom pom. I let it dry and then put it on top of my pencil! heart biggrin xd  

ellayaxP

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff