Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Café (General Chat)
When Oppertunity Knocks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:11 am
The other day I was at a beautiful public park in my hometown with my son and my husband. We were sitting next to a stream surrounded by flowers. It was a beautiful sunny day and the grounds were so gorgeous it took my breath away. I asked my hubby if he had any coins for me to throw in the stream so I could make a wish. He fished in his pockets and came up with nine pennies. I know that nine is a sacred and magical number so I thought "I'd better make this good." On the spot, I did a spell for my son using the coins, the water and a chant I made up right then and there. I dropped the nine pennies, one at a time, in various parts of the stream while reciting my chant. It felt really good to do an actual spell instead of just research or talking about it.

What this is really about is taking the oppertunity when it knocks. In those circumstances, I couldnt' just make a wish. I had to go all out because the oppertunity was there. Tell us about the times when YOU took the spiritual/magical oppertunity that knocked.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:10 am
Spontaneous magick like that is perhaps one of the most awesome facets of magick to me. Where you tie in numerous elements on the spot without really thinking it completely through.

Offhandedly, I can't think of any such spells I've done like that, aside from drawing overelaborate and completely random sigils in places when I desperately needed something done, then uttering a wee chant.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Felouen

Shirtless Raider

10,150 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:05 pm
Um, by saying random sigils you mean just some known ones which popped up into your head or some completely unknown, new which you just thought up at the moment? You see it happens sometimes to me that I draw spontaneously things which look like sigils or some "alien" handwriting blaugh so I´m just wondering whether this is a part of my artistic talents or some magical tapping into something, past lives memories or etc.

I also can´t remember almost any spells which I made spontaneously, except when I was making a combination of runes for protection, and since I was a beginner and I really felt I have to do it because of some astral nasties, I was copying it from a book, and I began copying the one above it, which, when I realised it, felt much more suited than the one I picked originally.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:18 pm
Oppertunity knocked yet again on Monday; my student had given me a gift to hold for my son, a bald eagle's feather, and we did an on the spot elemental blessing and smudging of the feather. It was beautiful. We smudged it with cedar/sage inscense and asperged it with salt/water while saying a prayer. I then wrapped it in a cloth and set it in my tools chest to keep for my son until a later date.  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:02 am
EladrinStarmist
Oppertunity knocked yet again on Monday; my student had given me a gift to hold for my son, a bald eagle's feather, and we did an on the spot elemental blessing and smudging of the feather. It was beautiful. We smudged it with cedar/sage inscense and asperged it with salt/water while saying a prayer. I then wrapped it in a cloth and set it in my tools chest to keep for my son until a later date.

That sounds remarkably sweet. X3

Felouen
Um, by saying random sigils you mean just some known ones which popped up into your head or some completely unknown, new which you just thought up at the moment? You see it happens sometimes to me that I draw spontaneously things which look like sigils or some "alien" handwriting blaugh so I´m just wondering whether this is a part of my artistic talents or some magical tapping into something, past lives memories or etc.

I make up symbols like that a lot, but they always end up looking like something out of the Goetia, merely because I love how all the Seals look -- like magickal circuit diagrams. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:33 pm
Not to be a party pooper, but you know..your not supposed to throw coins in the ponds..it's bad for the fish.. sweatdrop

When I'm not trying to protecting nature I'm off hunting the gods among it. haha sweatdrop  

Gopher dude

Questionable Lover

The Café (General Chat)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces