Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Who's in control, you or destiny? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you in charge of your own destiny?
  Yes
  No
  I'm undecided.
View Results

beccamon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:51 pm
So I've noticed there are two very different opinions on this [[isn't there always?]], about whether or not you control your own destiny. Some people think you just go with the flow, and other people think they are in charge of their own destiny.

I used to think I could control my own destiny, then I thought maybe I couldn't change destiny and whatever happens is bound to happen no matter what I do about it. I don't know anymore. What do you think? I wish there was some sort of happy medium, but it doesn't seem like it. Maybe the people who believe they can control their destiny do control it, and those who don't believe that don't control it? Hmm...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:59 pm
Destiny and fate can't be controlled is what I think  

Agammaglobulinaemia

Norayr
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:16 pm
I ultimately believe that God controls everything.
Just that, obviously, the choices you make in your life ultimately influence in agreement to what He set it out to be.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:36 pm
I'd like to say that I control my own destiny.

The idea of 'god' controlling it like I'm his personal puppet, is not to thrilling.

There are times where I think its a tad more complex, but I never linked those times with 'god'.

I do belive though, that if a person tries to change their destiny, their actual destiny will happen in the process of them trying to change it.

t o a s t s t i x

Twiist`

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:40 pm
Norayr
Just that, obviously, the choices you make in your life ultimately influence in agreement to what He set it out to be.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:10 pm
StfuToastStix
The idea of 'god' controlling it like I'm his personal puppet, is not to thrilling.

That's how I always thought too. :3 That's one of the reasons I didn't like being Christian. You have a really interesting theory, I like it.  

beccamon

SeventhDog

Dedicated Knight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:39 pm
I'd like to say that I think I can control my own destiny, fate, whatever... stare
But moving on to the point....Even though those who think they can control it, certain things will happen even if you're in control. Do you get what I'm saying?

Though you're in control, things you didn't think would happen will happen. Either way is correct. Destiny can and can't be controlled.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:28 pm
Norayr

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

VibrantDreams

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:42 pm
Ok, I think that how ever or who ever controls your destiny is how it goes. You see, it is not about how it is controled, it is about how it is planed and layed out. Things is if you try to change it things might get messed up. Not everyone can control their destiny and if they could they are one of the lucky ones. I say that they are one of the lucky ones because you can meet someone that says they don't believe in destiny, they might not be able to control their lives like I can't, or they just might not want to. It is rare to see someone that is able to control anything and everything in their lives but that is not the point. I really don't know how to explain it. I sorry. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:51 pm
I believe in a little of everything... of God controlling it, of Destiny controlling it, of ourselves controlling it. All three take part in it.

...I also think the people around us that we talk to/don't talk to control it, too. They're part of the reason why you make desicions everyday that effects the way your life goes.

WhyAreYouStalkingMe

][ F!sh.gif ][

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:52 pm
It really depends on the situation doesnt it??

Hmm.. I'll pick the control one.. :3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:32 pm
Depending on the path you take in making certain decisions, you can change your fate and end up somewhere different than you would if you took another path. However, sometimes all the paths will lead you to the one endpoint. Therefore, you can and can't control destiny. Certain things are meant to happen to you no matter what, but some things are open for editting if you know what I mean.  

T i f a

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

J h a y b z_0 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:40 pm
ninja save your goodbyes...

ninja

i think i control my own destiny...but it really depends on whats happening.. and i think its up to you to make the things that you want to happen happen...

its not the end of the world... ninja

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:29 am
I'd like to say that I am in control. Destiny can be changed, it's just a matter of choices. Ahaha, I like being in control. Superiority complex much? heart  

User_2629207

layziebonelover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:31 am

Id say destiny but somewhat you are. Its a hard question.Certain things destiny or fate. But some things you can control as well. tricky question

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff