Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Strict Parents. How to solve? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

layziebonelover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:40 am

Am I the only person with super strict parents? I only live with my mom and she won't even let me go outside by myself, if I don't have my little brother with me plus we share a room confused . Even though im turning 17 I still can't go around the corner to the store. Its getting on my nerves. Anyone have any advice on how I can explain to her that I want to be independent?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:42 am
Talk to her in a nonhostile way about being independent.
3nodding
They think it's mature.

Rathmanian

layziebonelover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:44 am
NekoGod
Talk to her in a nonhostile way about being independent.
3nodding
They think it's mature.

I tried that it still doesn't work. She doesnt want to hear it. gonk Its so hard. crying she gets soo upset

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:44 am
Wow. Maybe she's just worried something might happen to you? Convince her that you can take care of yourself, and bring a phone or something so that she knows she can contact you 3nodding heart heart  

User_2629207

layziebonelover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:47 am
Sushii-Princess
Wow. Maybe she's just worried something might happen to you? Convince her that you can take care of yourself, and bring a phone or something so that she knows she can contact you 3nodding heart heart

Ohn yes good idea! My brother and I actually have to bring this small cell phone with us at all times. But somehow I'm still attached to my little brother. I'm glad he's not annoying or 7 neutral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:20 am
Then there is the legal way.

Turn 18 and move out.

I found it works wonders.-smirks-  

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

layziebonelover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:25 am

xD haha true. true. whee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:30 am
User Image
Call me Bag3l.

Cell phone/friend to go with. I FINALLY convinced my mom to let me walk downtown once I got my cell [actually, she keeps suggesting it. "just bring your cell... yeah..."] and I got to walk downtown even earlier when I went with a friend.

If you do that responsibly, maybe you can talk to her about a little more freedom, using your good behavior going to the store as an example of why you should have more freedom. :3

Bag3l in a Box

layziebonelover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:37 am
.Pure.Vanilla.Extract. [8
User Image
Call me Bag3l.

Cell phone/friend to go with. I FINALLY convinced my mom to let me walk downtown once I got my cell [actually, she keeps suggesting it. "just bring your cell... yeah..."] and I got to walk downtown even earlier when I went with a friend.

If you do that responsibly, maybe you can talk to her about a little more freedom, using your good behavior going to the store as an example of why you should have more freedom. :3

Oh thats a good idea. Ok thanks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:44 am
I never understand when parents are super protective that way. My parents just trusted that I would always be a good kid... and I was. I just made sure I was 100% honest with them. Proving to your parents that you are mature enough to go out alone can take time..

I think the suggestions here are good.. if you live in a large city, I can see her concern. Negotiating with parents can be hard.. but it comes to a point where you have to assert yourself as an independent. I stopped "asking" to go places when I turned 18... You should be going to University soon anyway if you are 17.. if you can wait.. independence will be sooner then you thought.  

Noxness

1,400 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Afro SEAL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:07 am
if u think uve got it bad, my dad wont let me out for long. i have to come in at the same time everyday. then i have to do my dam chores and he says i "rush" through them only so i can do stuff, when i dont. this is only the top, theres a lot more i can say, but i may need some pages to write lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:38 am
My mom doesn't want me to have male friends because she thinks they will become my boyfriend and we'll have sex. Like, wtf. >____>;;
I have no bad history with relationships with guys. I haven't even gotten a boyfriend yet. I don't even want one. rolleyes

Anyways, just show her that you can take care of yourself. XD
I'm sure the others here gave you great advice. :3  

Apocalyptic Disaster

Usagimitai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:40 am
run away from home  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:21 pm
My mom doesn't like it when I bring my guy friends home. neutral
Like, wth. We aren't going to get it on or anything. confused I'm only 12. She thinks too little of me, I hate it.

Aris`

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:27 pm
I'll help ya how I think would work for me and my parents.

First of all, like NekoGod said, talk to them about you being indepedent. Tell them your almost the legal age of being an "adult". Ask if you can prove to them how safe you really can be. Plus, some parents just over-worry because they care about you. sweatdrop

I know how you feel though. Sowwie if it doesn't help.

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff