Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Banning - What about the rare items? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good Idea?
  Absolutely!
  Kind of...
  Not at all (please explain)
  Oh hell, i don't know x_x
View Results

Stir Fried Muffin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:59 pm
I believe that Banning, in large part, contributes to prices skyrocketing for rare items. When someone is Banned, sometimes they have ridiculously good items... Since that person can never access their account, why just keep it there to look pretty?

In my opinion, after a certain amount of time, the profile, name and everything should be deleted so that other, current users can use those names, and the items should be confiscated and redistributed via giftbox, or even daily chance, giveaways or drawings to spice things up. Given, prices probably will not go down(which would take care of the fact that some people like the challenge), but at least there will be more of them to go around.

Plus, people quit and don't give their items away. Possibly, after a certain amount of time (maybe two or more years) that account should be deleted. (There are also a lot of accounts that are made just for a certain purpose and then abandoned... like bots and things)

So what do you all think? Keep in mind, this is my opinion, and i want to know yours. Please respect everyone else's opinions as well.

Do you feel the same? Why or why not? What are some other solutions to this problem?

EDIT: Yes, i understand some people leave and then come back.

EDIT 2: Since so many people keep bringing up not deleting accounts that haven't been used, i struck out the majority of that point... please no longer comment on people who are inactive.

Also, i also understand that Mods say there is no way to delete accounts. HOWEVER, i will not accept this becuase there is always a way to do that, and they say they can't (possibly) because of the fact accounts are tied with forums... If you take an example of myspace, accounts are deleted and there is a message saying it no longer exists. The message itself doesn't have to be deleted, but the profile picture maybe should say that it doesn't exist any longer... thus, solving the problem.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:01 pm
Bump! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. To keep it up in the aiirrrr  

Stir Fried Muffin

Rathmanian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:02 pm
I totally agree with the banning. But not with the after a time, delete the account. Sometimes people can't get to a computer for that long, like in the military or something, or take a few years break, and then want to come back later.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:04 pm
NekoGod
I totally agree with the banning. But not with the after a time, delete the account. Sometimes people can't get to a computer for that long, like in the military or something, or take a few years break, and then want to come back later.
yeah i was thinking about that too so i kind of said had a whatever attitude... but what about all the extra accounts that people use for botting and crap? To us, it's pretty obvious that it's a bot... names like: aksdjhflak

XD come on.  

Stir Fried Muffin

TomorrowIsAFish

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:04 pm
User Image
Excellent idea with the redistribution of items through the Daily Chance. I wouldn't mind getting an OMG from that. ;D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:06 pm
TomorrowIsAFish
User Image
Excellent idea with the redistribution of items through the Daily Chance. I wouldn't mind getting an OMG from that. ;D
LOL right? Wouldn't it be exciting to be able to be like: OMG i got an ... OMG! XD from the daily chance no less... and of course those who don't want it... can sell it and make moneys, thus putting more on the market for people to quest for.  

Stir Fried Muffin

Rathmanian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:06 pm
If it's a bot, they probably wouldn't have good items anywho, or names for that matter.
3nodding
And some are mules, and I know people who have mules with devil tails and halos and all kinds of expensive crap on them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:08 pm
NekoGod
If it's a bot, they probably wouldn't have good items anywho, or names for that matter.
3nodding
And some are mules, and I know people who have mules with devil tails and halos and all kinds of expensive crap on them.
Yeah... i suppose that's accurate. but i also know a lot of people who have like.. three other accounts other than their main one, and one they use, and the other two are just sitting there and have never been used... they don't even use them to do daily chance and stuff lol  

Stir Fried Muffin

Stir Fried Muffin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:10 pm
o.o;;; i thought this was a good topic, and no one seems to want to talk about it User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:10 pm
True, but Gaia can't be sure, so it'd be risky. Then you'd come back and you account is gone, plus your name is taken.
D:
I'd be pissed.
ninja
I know a girl with 36 mules...

Rathmanian

TomorrowIsAFish

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:12 pm
Stir Fried Muffin
TomorrowIsAFish
User Image
LOL right? Wouldn't it be exciting to be able to be like: OMG i got an ... OMG! XD from the daily chance no less... and of course those who don't want it... can sell it and make moneys, thus putting more on the market for people to quest for.
User Image

Only problem is that you can't search for OMGs or AFKs on the market (or there never are any, in which case you win) because they don't have enough letters. ._.;

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:13 pm
That is ridiculous.. what in hell do you need that many for unless you're like.. a billionaire and need all of those for separate outfits you like? D:  

Stir Fried Muffin

J h a y b z_0 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:13 pm
ninja save your goodbyes...

ninja

i agree...my old account got banned...and now it looks like a display in my friend's list...

its not the end of the world... ninja

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:15 pm
@Fish- A lot of people sell the AFKs and OMGs in the Gaia commerce.

@Stir- Yeah, she's a little over board. Though she does use them for event items.

Rathmanian

Stir Fried Muffin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:16 pm
Jhaybz_Rockz02
ninja save your goodbyes...

ninja

i agree...my old account got banned...and now it looks like a display in my friend's list...

its not the end of the world... ninja
and not only that, but a lot of people don't even know that accounts ARE banned.... and keep talking to them.. there should be a label or something  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff