Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
Elven Culture and Magics Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:25 am
I've been studying elemental magic for a while and I decided to impart my knowledge to everyone else. But first i want ed to know if anyone actually wanted to learn?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:55 am
First I want to go over a few rules.

Rules
1)I am not an expert. I don't claim to be the best. What I am teaching is what I have learned over the course of seven years.
2)This is elven knowledge. Becuase of that there are things i can't reveal. If you are an elfkin or would like this knowledge please pm me. I will discuss it with you and decide whether you are trustworthy enough to know forbodden knowledge.
3)Elemental magic is very personal. I am teaching my way of using this magic. But please experiment away. There is very little danger depending on what you're doing.

Last but not least...

I gaurentee nothing!  

Elfshaman

yo_wtf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:29 pm
disclaimer: read and accepted.

that said, please, enlighten us!! whatever you're willing to share with us i am willing to read mrgreen

-Lenny  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:56 pm
The first step is learning the elements and their individual personalities. The elves believe that all elements speak . They have perfected ways of speaking with the elements that allow them to control them much better. The eight elven elements are split into two groups. The physical and the unseen. The four physical elements are known as Fire, Water, Earth, and Air. The four unseen elements are known as Psi, Light, Dark, and Star. I will only teach the physical as the unseen are extremely forbidden to outsiders. To learn them as well just pm me.

Fire- fire is a viscous element. In it’s untamed form it can reap large destruction. It is an element that is strong and often difficult to control. Passion often is a key trait of someone who has a fire personality. It’s main strategy is to attack without mercy. Fast but powerful attacks often are used by the strong fire user. It’s natural source is the sun. Within the body you draw your power from your heart and chest area.

Water- water is a fluid element. It is soft gentle and often blocks rather than attacks. It is a great healing and defense elemtn. Passiveness is the key trait of a Water person. Water’s power comes from natural water like rain, streams and lakes. Inside your body your power should be drawn from your hands.

Earth- earth is a strong and solid element. It holds it’s ground until it sees the opportunity to end a conflict. Earth people usually are slow to get angry but when they attack the conflict is ended quickly and decisively. Earth is drawn from the earth. It is fairly basic. But within the body you draw from your feet.

Air- air is a fast deceitful and often tricky element. It loves speed and will often daodge attacks and quickjly strike back. Air people usually are very deceptive or playful. Air is drawn from the wind and sky. Air is also drawn from your lower arms.

Any Questions?  

Elfshaman

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:19 pm
Okay now that you know where each element draws it’s power lets talk about meditating. I am assuming that you all know how to meditate so I’ll just skip to the elements. What you want to do is meditate in the presence of the source of the element. Fire is best done on a sunny day, water while it’s raining or near a lake, air on a windy day, and lastly earth is best done on a patch of dirt(not grass). If you want a candle or fireplace fire can be used instead. I have heard of using sand instead of earth for earth abilities. For water there isn’t much substitute. If you think of something post t or pm me and I can tell you if it would work.

What you want to do is meditate to the point where you can feel the element’s energy pulsating around you or near you. Learn to feel it and how it affects every fiber in your body. Then try and focus this energy into a tangible object.(fireball, ball of water, change speed of wind, and maybe move the dirt/sand around you). This takes a lot of practice as well because of the lessoned mana on Earth then is present in worlds with elves in them. Training is long and intense. Keep trying until you can do so. Air is really easy to use but earth is by far the hardest.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:23 pm
Just a curiosity (i wasn't planning on posting a reply unless i had a significant question but heck i'll risk going off on a tangent) - is there a spiritual aspect to Elven magic? Are there spirits, is there any kind of worship to specific beings, or even specific matter? I am only wondering because I haven't really heard of it and so am extremely ignorant outside of what might be assumed if read from storybooks (which for all i know probably ends up being highly inaccurate)?

Anyway that's probably a tangent from your lessens so feel free to decline an answer if that is too personal, or whatever, for this thread.  

yo_wtf

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:46 pm
Elves beleive in four other elements that are the Unseen as well as Star. We have a total of eight Gods and there are spirits that are said to defend the elemental orbs. We do have psi, light, and dark. These are known as the three unseen elements. This is do to the fact that their power is not visible to normal people. So yes there is a spiritual aspect and we do beleive in Spirits and Gods.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:19 pm
Sengem
Elves beleive in four other elements that are the Unseen as well as Star. We have a total of eight Gods and there are spirits that are said to defend the elemental orbs. We do have psi, light, and dark. These are known as the three unseen elements. This is do to the fact that their power is not visible to normal people. So yes there is a spiritual aspect and we do beleive in Spirits and Gods.

Why is there a distinction between Light and Dark if Dark is the absence of Light, and therefore cannot exist without it? Wouldn't that necessitate that any elf that used Dark element... things is actually just using this Light element? What do you mean by "their power is not visible to normal people"? I've seen Light and Dark.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:12 pm
I'll answer the last point quickly. Are you normal? When I say Light and Dark I don't mean visual light I mean light as in creatuive energy. Healing is a key component of light magic. Dark deals with fear and pain. That is why they are seperate.

Also what do you think of changing this thread to an Elven Culture and Magics thread?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:50 pm
Sengem
I'll answer the last point quickly. Are you normal? When I say Light and Dark I don't mean visual light I mean light as in creatuive energy. Healing is a key component of light magic. Dark deals with fear and pain. That is why they are seperate.

Also what do you think of changing this thread to an Elven Culture and Magics thread?

Ah, that's understandable - light and dark could then mean creative and destructive force.

And sure, change the title if you want. |D  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:59 pm
okay. This is now also a thread for cultural questions.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:35 pm
First is the Creation Story:

The world was once empty. The only being that existed was Barota or The Creative One. he decided to build the worlds. All the worlds and all the scenery were created by Barota. He created plants. But he realized that the worlds were overall empty and unbalanced. So he created Cota also called Life. Cota is the source of all intelligent. Out of the world rose animals and sentient beings. Elves, humans, Orks and other being began to live on the worlds. Some had more Life than others. Elves have more than humans. Eventually Gods arose from each world. Each world had a God to rule it. So the Gods created laws to rule the worlds. But one God became a little too powerful. he began devouring the other Gods and their worlds. A great war was raged over this event. Eventually it came down to a duel between Barota and Cal Ome(the Destroyer). Barota cornered and almost vanquished Cal Ome until he realized the benefit of balance in the world. They agreed to be friends and have been ever since.
The Ancients are a type of elf that no longer live any longer. They died out about 5million years ago. They once ruled all the other races. They did experiments and also had magics that far surpassed that of elves today. The Ancient language is still used by some for advanced magic. They died because of the use of Soul Names against them. Soul names are the true nature of something. if you know someone soul name then you control them completely. The humans and other races revolted and scattered the elves into six groups and six different environments.
After the elves split they developed different cultures as well as different magics. As they studied each type chose teir strongest magic user and propelled them to Godhood. Eventually all the different sects of elves came together as one in one world. But that occured only after about 4 million years. The cultured were so engrained that they did not combine as one people. They live on a single planet with islands devoted to each of the sects. They have lived that way for the past million years. The Ancient language never returned to its original prominence but it is instinctually remebered at some of our festivals as well as it can be used for magic by the stronger magic users.

Any questions or suggestions for new topics?  

Elfshaman

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:50 pm
Would it be bad for me if the elvs knew I already know alot bout them and there knowledge? For after all, I am an outsider. And meditating in the presance of the element... if you are talented enough you can meditate in the presence of both and still gain power from them (I've done it). Not advised for people whom are just trying to medidtate to gain elemental power (I've done that also... I learned the hard way how much can go wrang doing that).  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:57 pm
Jacthnithd
Would it be bad for me if the elvs knew I already know alot bout them and there knowledge? For after all, I am an outsider. And meditating in the presance of the element... if you are talented enough you can meditate in the presence of both and still gain power from them (I've done it). Not advised for people whom are just trying to medidtate to gain elemental power (I've done that also... I learned the hard way how much can go wrang doing that).

it is probably no big deal. if you happened upon elven knowledge we won't kill you for it. mainly it is our history that is a gaurded secret. we have some interesting things in our past that outsiders shouldn't know about. also remember that there are many different types of elves. i only study six but i think there are more like a hundred  

Elfshaman

The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games