Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Go Back To School In Style with these Loveley's!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hottpink006

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:47 am
DIY of the Week: Bangle bracelets

User Image

[color=red]Remember a few summers ago when we all went out and bought those big plastic bangle bracelets in bright 80s colors? Ah… hindsight. However, I love a good, wide bangle, and was determined to give even my most garish ones another chance at a fashionable life. Here's how this works:
1) You'll need a sheet of patterned paper (I used Japanese origami paper, which can generally be found in arts & crafts shops), some basic white glue (or Modpodge) and a clean paintbrush.

2) Cut the paper into small strips, about 1cm wide and long enough to wrap around the width of the bracelet. You're going to need to have enough to cover the entire exterior of the bracelet, which is probably around 30 strips.

3) Brush a light layer of glue on the inside and outside of the paper and position on bracelet. Continue this and work your way around the exterior of the bracelet, slightly overlapping each piece. Coat the outside with more layers of glue to help the paper stick together seamlessly (you don't want to overdue it with the glue, but it will dry clear so you don't need to keep it too minimal either).

4) You'll probably want to do half the bracelet, then set it upright on its non-gluey end to dry before finishing the other half.

5) I gave mine another good coat of Modpodge Matte later to seal it so I wouldn't have to panic too much if I'm wearing the bracelets during one of Singapore's regular rainstorms. However, they're still not exactly rain- and spill-proof, so perhaps a spray of acrylic sealer would work better?

6) This seriously takes about 20 minutes, tops.

I did this and these bangles are wonderful fashion accesories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^________^ <3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:19 am
Very snazzy!!! lol biggrin
Thanks for the tute!! ~ I saw something like this on Craftster last nite, where the girl used clippings from comic books, & I was wondering how she made 'em!! biggrin

Ska Hippie

ellayaxP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:19 am
wow!! those look cool! ive tried something like that before, i wrapped ribbon around a bangle bracelet!! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:20 pm
very cute!!  

fishkisser22

Lady_Elentari

Original Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:59 pm
Those are cute! Could you maybe get rid of all the extra html tags? It's kinda hard to read.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games