Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
"You Can't Sing In Chinese!!!" Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MiasmaMoon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:32 pm
Hiya guys. I have a little problem. You see, I'm Cantonese myself. However, I speak Mandarin more. Now, when I speak Mandarin, it's not so bad-sounding (except that my mom sometimes can't understand me at all). Now, there's only one little problem I have to ask:

Whenever I sing in Mandarin Chinese, my mom yells, "Stop singing! I can't understand a word you're saying!" It really confuses me because I thought my accent marks weren't that bad.

Okay guys... Here's the question:

How do you sing in Mandarin Chinese, yet keep the accent?!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:33 pm
same way as speaking? confused  

Cat-Whiskers

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:31 am
Hmm. It's hard to explain, it's just the same as singing in any other language.. maybe it's something to do with stress, make sure you accent the words you normally would accent in speech, or something?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:57 am
if your mom doesn't understand what you're saying when you're speaking in mandarin, what made you think she'd understand if you sang it? rofl  

mymiridon

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:14 pm
You know how in "America's Got Talent" and "American Idol" there are those people who are absolutely and obliviously not self-aware? Well... it might be a situation where the singer can't really "hear" what everyone else "hears." Just puttin' it out there. sweatdrop twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:39 pm
mymiridon
if your mom doesn't understand what you're saying when you're speaking in mandarin, what made you think she'd understand if you sang it? rofl

My dance is almost complete
But I think I have fallen for her
If it is true, my dance cannot be complete.

What she said.

If it is true, I will have to sacrifice myself
But I know my love for her
It is true.

KairiYukine

mymiridon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:46 pm
tamcharles
You know how in "America's Got Talent" and "American Idol" there are those people who are absolutely and obliviously not self-aware? Well... it might be a situation where the singer can't really "hear" what everyone else "hears." Just puttin' it out there. sweatdrop twisted
whoa, you get that in canada? I've always thought Canadians wouldn't bother with that crap eek  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:26 am
I don't really sing in chinese or anything but when i sing its like speaking but there a tune with it or something so lol i don't really suck at singing in chinese  

Kuchiki_san

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:32 pm
mymiridon
tamcharles
whoa, you get that in canada? I've always thought Canadians wouldn't bother with that crap eek

xD

Actually.. it came from Britain originally. -__-" With Popstars, back when I was still like 11 or something. Before that there was a show called Stars in Your Eyes on which people dressed up and pretended to be famous singers..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:06 pm
Yep, twas Britain which started the trend...

ninja

*doesn't know whether or not to be proud of this fact*  

Chibito7

mymiridon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:23 pm
Niphz
mymiridon
tamcharles

xD

Actually.. it came from Britain originally. -__-" With Popstars, back when I was still like 11 or something. Before that there was a show called Stars in Your Eyes on which people dressed up and pretended to be famous singers..
what?! no way, popstars was an american thing. i remember because i use to watch it all the time in america when i was in the 6th grade. They went around the country looking for girls to make a pop group that kind of disappeared after they ended the show. I remember!! I remember!! pirate  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:31 pm
Definitely British! D< Popstars was definitely in Britain. P:

...why am I arguing for something I can't stand anyway..? .__.

Niphz
Crew

berryscary1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:54 pm
scream arrg, i can't stand reality shows  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:20 pm
uh, just sing like how you do with english?
(: sorry that didn't help much.

kt_jingle

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:53 am
We British came up with the Popstars idea first. I remember that only too well. rolleyes Then America caught the wondrous fever. Will Young became the first Pop Idol winner, Gareth Gates the runner up, and Michelle McManus won the second year's. Kelly Clarkson became a star after American Idol, the alternative of Pop Idol, started. Then we scrapped Pop Idol and created X Factor.

*sigh*  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces