Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Scam and Hack Stories. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pasithea

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

^ Always remember this Gaians!!! ^

So recently I received a couple of PMs from people impersonating mods. They tried to scam me out of my password obviously.

The first thing I did was immediately report the PM. But then I decided to mess with them a little. xD I typed in my username and a fake password, like qwerty12345 and sent the PM back.

I waited a little bit and got another PM back saying, "You have sent the incorrect information. Give us the correct info or we will have to ban your account!"

So I typed in another fake password: mypenisisbiggerthanyours and then sent the info back.

Once more they sent the same PM back saying I had sent the incorrect info and if I didn't give them the correct information they would perm-ban my account.

So I typed in: doyoureallythinkI'mgonnafallforsuchastupidscam?

And then they sent a PM back with a ridiculous sob story about how they were hacked and then asked for a donation nonetheless!!! gonk WTF??? If they were hacked why would they want to hack someone else???

Stupid little scammers/hackers!! I was like, ******** no you little cheater/put on ignore. xp
----------------------
Anybody else ever get such stupid hack/scam PMs?

Anybody ever fall for them?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

EDIT: Changed the topic title so people know what this is. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:03 pm
Thanks for the warning but there is already something about scams.

Edit: Nevermind, sorry about that.  

Flurgin Popin

Dapper Citizen

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Norayr
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:03 pm
xd Nice work.

EDIT:
To the person above me: It seems to me that this isn't so much of a thread warning against the scam than an actual place where we can tell our story about such an incident, be it funny or serious.

It's fine.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:05 pm
Is it stoopid in here...

Good job! Should've put your password as

Password: you'vebeenpunk'db!tch

...or is it just me?

DumberDan

Cassiexchan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:09 pm
[ It's too much work for me to mess with them. It's funny for two times, and then it's just...whatever.

That's REALLY dumb though...to ask for a donation afterwards? Wtf? =/
]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:14 pm
DumberDan
Is it stoopid in here...

Good job! Should've put your password as

Password: you'vebeenpunk'db!tch

...or is it just me?

rofl I'll have to use that one next time. xD

I only seem to get these kinds of PMs soon after I put things up for sale in the marketplace. Silly isn't it?  

Pasithea

Oh Snap its Kaitlin

Shameless Elocutionist

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:30 pm
Whenever I sell an item of mine, like a sealed or something, I get a PM like that. Its annoying but funny sometimes.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:37 pm
Oh Snap its Kaitlin
Whenever I sell an item of mine, like a sealed or something, I get a PM like that. Its annoying but funny sometimes.

Yeah. It does get a tad annoying every once in a while. But messing with them cheers me up too. xD  

Pasithea

Megan Meggie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:21 pm
I was so close to getting a CoCo and I was hacked and I couldn't get back on my account. So, I had to get a new account. I don't think I will try for another CoCo again. I was really upset all my hard work down the drain. Someone told me to come here and I haven't won anything here yet. I tried making a thread and I alls I got was good luck. I really don't know how I was hacked either, won't ever know.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:31 pm
I once had someone who offered to trade everything I was wearing for 3 sealeds (which was about twice as much as I had), and then said the mods told him not to put the sealeds in the trade, but send them afterward. rolleyes

iCrayon

Dazily

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:37 pm
      I get them a little too often.
      I give them a hard time too.

> w <

Like, i'll pretend to be a noob and say "nooo! plz nO! i swer i didn't hack any1!"
      they will be all "okay. calm down. we just need your password and the other info"
      "but! then u will chang it so i kant get in! no! plz! i am saving up for a angelic staff, i can't have this acount lockd!"

"we wont do anything bad. just give us the info"

"No. I don't think I will. This is obviously a scam to try and hack me. Do you really think I am going to fall for that? Please, get a life. You have been reported."

xD

I don't think I could get hacked that easily with MY password.
      It is about 16 characters long with letters numbers and symbols.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:42 pm
I've gotten lots of those. @__@

And keylogger pms also...  

staranime

Greedy Genius

Liquid Muffin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Back when Pandy Packs were 4k, I clicked on this 'Give-away' threads && went to a website with a quiz on it. I typed all the information + my password and lost a Fox Tail and 13k. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:10 pm
I got scammed on my original account. I was young and gullible, so I fell for it. I truly thought I was in trouble, but I was terribly wrong. I had a lot of really nice items, which are all gone now. It really bums me out. I'll never have a great account like that again...  

Living Disappointments

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items