Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
The Gaian Summer Festival: A Look at the Logic Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DumberDan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:33 pm
Is it stoopid in here...

Alright yay! Woot, yes summer event is coming up. Many of you are stressing the dominance of your selected teams. Aekea with it's giant robot, Durem and it's megabow, Isle Gambino with a ice cube catapult, and Barton with it's freakin water artillery gun. Now. Let's take a chance to think. Yes it's fiction I know, it's not real life, but hey where's the fun if you can't state the truth!? So let's start by stressing the reality of things...with Barton first in the hot seat.

Barton Town is the first of four towns you can fight with or against. Their weapon of choice, a giant water artillery gun. Now I'm going to tell ya, it looks badass! It's go a big ol' nozzle and a huge tank for packing the water into one seriously big shot. Now if you notice in the photo they have hoses or tubes of some sort linked to the ground. Possibly for water absorbtion, electricity, a place to store up charge, we don't know. It is probably the most logical thing out of all the weapons they have to offer in this large scale water war.

Durem is our second town we shall be taking a look at. Now these guys are packing a giant crossbow. In the dead center...a giant water balloon. The thing looks so fragile, and it seems all it takes is Rufus the cat's claw to pop the whole dang thing to Oblivion. Not so logical to use now is it, if you think about the weight, and the tenderness of the thing. Not to mention how long it'll freakin take to load the thing!

Gambino is our third team. Isle de Gambino has the possesion of a giant ice cube shooting catapult, with a little red-eyed olive on the tip of the thing to match. While the concept it pretty cool (huge glass of water, huge ice cubes...you do the logic) the trajectory will be greatly compromised. I mean c'mon, the thing is made of wood. The last time anybody has been able to make a really successful catapult was back when jokers walked around in armor. Now lets talk about the ammo. An ice cube, yes, badass. A giant ice cube is like a giant stone, hurl it into a building, boom. But what about ice's greatest enemy? The sun. Yes the sun the killer of ice cream, smoothies, popsicles, and your ice cold lemonade. Unless the ice cube isn't going to have a long fly time, chances are that thing is gonna melt before it even hits Barton.

Our fourth and final team Aekea. Yes...our classic giant robot! Take Big O's technology and Gundam Wing's looks, fuse it together and you get Akea's giant robot. Yeah! Think back to all those Godzilla episodes. Big monster+little town=genocide. But wait! What about the ammo?! Giant water balloons! Same as the Durem Megabow, cept it's all automatic! Coolio right!? Wrong. I got another equation for you. Water+Metal=Rust. This heavy duty monster is gonna be seeing a whole lot of that! Anyone got some extra oil, cause this metal monstrosity is gonna need it.

Now taking a look at all of this, the Barton artillery gun ain't so far fetched. We got artillery, and it's pretty devastating. Shelling hell upon approaching enemy troops and rendring cover useless, you can't hide from Barton. Personally I'm not on the side of Barton, but hey, Barton dun something right.

Your thoughts? Opinions? Critiscism? Shoot, I'm all ears.

...or is it just me?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:56 pm
I'm stuck between Barton and Akea. xd  

Toontastic

O.G. Member

Triston Bane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:09 pm
I dunno what team I'm gonna be on, but to tell the truth, I'm not sure if I can be on tommorow. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:10 pm
I wish people who had trouble communicating....

~*~*~*~*~* z-whee~*~*~*~*~*

Stuck between Isle and Barton

~*~*~*~*~*z-whee~*~*~*~*~*

...would just shut up.

zomgwhee

ninjalover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:12 pm
I'm between Barton and Aekea too.
Some of the ideas for weapons are cool. But I don't see how this ill completly work for the event. Is it going to be in town where you can get hit, or in the forums like most other events?
Personallly, I thionk they should make it look like our avis accually get hit wit the water. That would be awesome!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:37 am
ninjalover
I'm between Barton and Aekea too.
Some of the ideas for weapons are cool. But I don't see how this ill completly work for the event. Is it going to be in town where you can get hit, or in the forums like most other events?
Personallly, I thionk they should make it look like our avis accually get hit wit the water. That would be awesome!!

yea! that would b really cool!!!!!
but i dont no wat team i should b on......which team should i choose?  

L u n a t i c J e w e l

Devious_Dana

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:48 am
I'm stickin' with my favorite town since I started Gaia; Durem!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:09 am
i dunno  

Usagimitai

Rowsie Powsie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:13 am
Durem  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:08 pm
I foyu can switch between teams I think I'll be on all of them because you probably get different items from each team  

XAmberrXO

Aquarian Mage

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:11 pm
I was thinking the same way! xD
So I didn't know who to go with - but I wanted to be on Liam's team!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:05 am
join AEKA!  

XOXOIisEMO

[Noi]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:46 am
Hate to burst your bubble.

But the "fragile" crossbow that's "illogical" to use is kicking the Mecha, the Catapult AND the water cannon's bum.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:51 am
[Noi]

But the "fragile" crossbow that's "illogical" to use is kicking the Mecha, the Catapult AND the water cannon's bum.

Hate to burst your water balloon razz

But I think he was talking aboutif this was in real life.

Extremist-Saint-Joey

[Noi]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:52 am
Extremist-Saint-Joey
[Noi]

Hate to burst your water balloon razz

But I think he was talking aboutif this was in real life.

Yeah right. AS IF any of those could be created in real life. rolleyes

And if they WERE, I doubt they'd be used for water balloon fights.

Go back to bed kid.

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces