Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Time for work! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like work?
  CHA.
  Noo way. >=o
View Results

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:42 pm
So where do you work at?

Do you like your job? Too many hours for such little pay? Do you even like your manager? (I know most of us don't >.>) Or would you take a new one right away if you could? Or maybe you have a dream job you'd like to do somewhere in the near future?

Me? Well I'm a lifeguard at a country club..my uncle is basically my manager soo...Har har.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:49 pm
I work at Blockbuster ^^ It's actually a pretty good job, plus you get 10 free movie or game rentals a week, so that's good! I get paid $8 and hour, but I have a lot of hours...I hardly have any time for myself...okay, maybe it's not the amount of hours...it's the amount of days I'm working. I work almost everyday! But I asked for it..I said for around 20-40 hours a week when I was applying, now I don't want that many XD  

Lucifer Fayte

Aakiyana

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:55 pm
I don't know if I can say I have a job or not. I'm just gonna go with I'm unemployed atm. I was hired at Hollister downtown, and when they were interviewing us, one of the managers said that we prolly wouldn't get that many hours because they have 200+ employees. Now, me being naive and all, I'm thinking I'm gonna get so much money and I'm gonna have a new wardrobe and all that jazz.

So the first thing that happened was that I didn't get my employee card because I couldn't remember my ssn at the time I applied. So one of the other managers called me and got it and it took about three days or so for them to get it, and I'm like okay... Then I try to get scheduled and for like the next THREE weeks or so, I'm never on the schedule. Note that I've wasted about 10 dollars in bus fare for this, and I bought a tank top from there just so I could work. stare So when I finally get a day to come in, my first ******** day is a call-in (Call-ins are where you call an hour before you come in and take the place of somebody who had to miss work) so I call in and they tell me I'm not needed. rolleyes After that, I didn't even bother giving my two weeks notice, and I've just boycotted the store.

So Aaki hates the managers, has no pay and no job anymore. biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:10 pm
      phwahahaha.

Mii is going to work at the tanning salon/spa thing she goes to
      ninja
      once i turn 16, which is in 3 months. o:
      or maybe a little while after

<3

cause they know me so well && FREE TANNING FTW~!!!

: Dx

plus it will help me a little bit when i got into beauty school.
      i plan to be a nail/hair stylist up in seattle when/if i grow up~

Dazily

Duchess Dill

Angelic Gaian

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:15 am
    I work in a shop. :]
    It's alright. Sometimes I hate it, sometimes I like it. Depends on who else is working.
    It's only part time, so I don't do many hours anyway.
    The pay is fairly decent, just got a pay rise :3
    I like my manager. I don't see him very often though. I also like the duty-managers. They're pretty crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:12 am
I work in a framing store. Aaron Brothers, to be precise. I love it..my coworkers are awesome, the people I meet are all so different, and I get to see awesome photographs and artwork that inspire me...

BUT MY MANAGER IS A FREAKIN' CHEAT. Taking money from the employees for his own, selling our items to other branches so our store can be top in the district...And he gives me crap hours, making me work the midnight stock truck every Wednesday night. But now that my new school schedule has started, I can't do the truck anymore.

I turned in my two weeks. [Chris! Be proud of me -- I did it finally!!!]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Relax...

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

Rebbyy

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:22 am
User Image

Says:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've been a waitress for over a year now. My hours were sporatic, I usually got called in about 6 hours begore they wanted me to work, I did 12hour shifts for weddings, and worked 13 1/2 hours in one day 2 weeks ago. My boss has no business mind, we were regularly under-staffed for big events, the chefs regularly got bad tempers. Though, the people i worked with were generally very nice. Thank god I'm only gonna be working there until Friday...i'm not gonna be sad to see the back of that place.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:40 am
I work in a local bookshop part-time but I have two other jobs to fund me through college too.

[My manager looks and talks like Giles from Buffy and I think there maybe a secret portal into the underworld in our warehouse] LOL.

I work with a brand advertising agency too, so I get paid for concept ideas and conceptual art and I also work in another company part time in the marketing department representing their brand and visiting other companies to sell their items.

Other than that I'm always busy doing fund-raisers and stuff for charity..it all looks good on the CV for later on ;]

When I leave university I plan to be a journalist for a mainstream broadsheet newspaper and get into the world of media and representation.

Cherry Choo

Xyloid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:34 pm
I work at Target as the Operator / Sales Floor. Meaning I answer the phones, transfer the calls and work on the Sales Floor.

The job has it's ups and downs. I'm schedueled an average of 40 hours per pay period, and the pay is decent for the work I'm doing.

I like my manager and leaders. I tend to think they like me as well, haha!

I'm going to get my lifeguarding thinger this winter though so I can do that next summer. At our local pool, they do hardly anything.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:54 pm

Awesome. <3 Tell me if you save any lives xD (Still waiting herself.)

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

An Undead Sin

Timid Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:20 pm
I need a job. I applied at the Wegman's store over a month ago and haven't heard anything back. I also just sent in an application to a local Hallmark store, but you gotta be sixteen for that.

It sucks being fifteen. Wegman's is actually the only place here that accepts fifteen year olds. Heh, I told my parents that the day I turn sixteen I'm applying at Border's. <3

---Make the world a better place with UndeadTiger---

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:36 pm
I work sometimes, but I do chores, this summer however. I picked rocks, and I also did the pipelines! You know for the highway!  

Kale Demos

Familiar Regular

Whos That Guy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:43 pm
xD I work at Baskin Robins, which is an ice cream parlor. It's an okay job, but I'm starting to hate my manager, so I'm off scouting for a new one. Already have an offer, surprisingly. The people who I work with are the best though. <3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:51 pm
Spectral in heaven as climbs the frail veiled moon,
I just finished at Old Navy. The job was horrid.. ******** stupid foreign customers who don't speak any English. *sigh* I was a salesperson and I also worked in the fitting rooms, as well as cash. I worked at the busiest one if all of Canada, right smack dab in the heart of downtown Toronto.

I start my next job in two weeks.. only it will be in Japan, and I will be teaching little nooblets.
So climbs my dream.
-William Rose Benet

Noxness

1,400 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Hildr

Clever Goat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:37 pm
I work at Target. :]

I`m okay with my job except when people go and have a party with the bras and underwear. Why is it that women who wear large sizes like 42DD must always fling the damned things all around the place?!

My pay`s pretty good, considering I get full benefits. So I`m pleased.

And my manager kicks so much a**, it`s not even funny. She lets me sing into the intercom. :F

And lets me take extra long breaks if Alan happens to be in Target on his lunch. [shameshame] xDD

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff