Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Who watched the eclipse last night? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eclipse?
  = awesomeness
  wait... what?
View Results

calcifer9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:38 am
this pertains most to people in the pacific time zone.

Who watched the full lunar eclipse last night? for those who don't know what that means, the moon was completely in the shadow of the earth. when this happens the moon takes on a dull reddish hue.

nasa article 'Dreamy Lunar Eclipse'
To understand why the change occurs, close your eyes and dreamyourself all the way to the Moon. Once again, you're standing on a seashore—the Sea of Tranquillity. There's no water. You're surrounded by hundreds of miles of dusty, hardened lava. Overhead hangs Earth, nightside down, completely hiding the Sun behind it. The eclipse is underway.

With the Sun blocked, you might expect utter darkness, but no, the ground at your feet is aglow. Why? Look back up at Earth. The rim of the planet seems to be on fire. Around Earth's circumference you see every sunrise and sunset in the world—all at once. This incredible light beams into the heart of Earth's shadow, transforming the Moon into a landscape of copper moondust and golden hills.

the quoted article

I stayed up to watch it. Not only did I see the eclipse, but I also saw two shooting stars. Sadly my moon watching was cut short by the presence of two raccoons in my yard, but it was still time well spent.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:51 am
I had no idea it was going to happen, and I stayed up too! D;
I heard about it on the radio this morning and rushed outside, but it was already in the middle so I couldn't see the sun or the moon. Which admittedly is pretty cool.

CuriousKitty

Kale Demos

Familiar Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:58 am
Dad woke me up, but I didn't get a chance to see it cause he woke me up around six and I was tired.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:13 am
we saw a really big star that i think was Mars - and a brilliant almost full moon. no eclipse, though. gonk  

Elarii

holy_tiger777

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:29 am
feel left out, on the eastern coast  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:25 am
RandyMan92
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I didn't watch it. Though, being such a HUGE astronomy junkie, I'm bawling my eyes out because of it.
RandyMan92
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pimp Chickan G

Liquid Muffin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:46 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was going to watch it, but after staying up till 1, I forgot what time it was and lost the article I read so I fell asleep. xP  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:32 am
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

I would have if I had someone to watch it with, but I have no patience for that kind of thing otherwise.

...I laughed myself to sleep.

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

[Minako]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:49 am
User Image

Answer me
truthfully...
&&&&

I had trouble falling asleep last night until like 3:30 AM, so I should have stayed up and watched it. D;

&&&&
Do the clouds
kiss you?...

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:03 am
holy_tiger777
feel left out, on the eastern coast

Me too. x3

I did see a couple of shooting stars one night.

Kuromi Charm

XxXbella-marieXxX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:36 am
hm. well i live in the mid-west and the moon did seem sort of red but i don't know if it was the eclipse...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:40 am
A bunch of people said this was a hoax!

D:< I are angry now. I wanted to see it! ;_;  

Pasithea

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:54 am
I knew it was going to happen. But the time said it was gonna start at 7:53 UST, which is like close to 1am here, and I needed my sleep. But the time the moon entered the umbra at about 8:51 UST, I was dead asleep. I have school today. gonk

Gotta wait until 2011 now...TT^TT

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Relax...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:06 am
I had no idea.. ninja

;~;

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

Xenomorph Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:36 am
My teacher told me about the eclipse yesterday, and I saw it from 12:00 to 3:00. Sure was cool.

She also said that it happens atleast once a year, twice if we're lucky.  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff