Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Study (Research)
Silent Hill! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:06 pm
I'm a huge fan of the Silent Hill series (yet I've only completed Silent Hills Two and Three so far. >_>), and I practise very eclectic magick, so it seems only natural that I should make a small system incorporating Silent Hill into my practises.

I'm still brainstorming for ideas on precisely /what/ I could do, though. Pyramid Head servitor? Hexing someone's dreams into behaving like the Silent Hill Otherworld? Ideas are appreciated. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:26 pm
Mitsh
I'm a huge fan of the Silent Hill series (yet I've only completed Silent Hills Two and Three so far. >_>), and I practise very eclectic magick, so it seems only natural that I should make a small system incorporating Silent Hill into my practises.

I'm still brainstorming for ideas on precisely /what/ I could do, though. Pyramid Head servitor? Hexing someone's dreams into behaving like the Silent Hill Otherworld? Ideas are appreciated. :3

I've never played the games, so I don't know what to suggest, but if you're looking to add some umph to it, I recommend a trip to the US (dear Gods, I never thought I'd say that). If you don't know, the town of Silent Hill, is based upon Centralia Pennsylvania, where an underground coal mine (as opposed to all those atmospheric ones?) caught on fire, and has been burning for years, with smoke pouring out of cracks in the cement and earth. Between all the energy and fear added to that setting due to the games and movies, I'm sure a bottle of smoke, or charred ember, or something would be a great tie into that paradigm.

Of course, if I remember right, you're in Scotland, so not the easiest trip.

I've been told I'll have to play the game eventually, as two of my lovers live within an hour of Centralia, and want me to play before we go there for a picnic, heh. So perhaps I'll have something better to suggest in a few months.  

Ges

Anonymous silence

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:54 pm
I like that dream idea. Knowing me, I would probably just make my own dreams like that! I love silent hill! ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:02 pm
Ges
Mitsh

I've never played the games, so I don't know what to suggest, but if you're looking to add some umph to it, I recommend a trip to the US (dear Gods, I never thought I'd say that). If you don't know, the town of Silent Hill, is based upon Centralia Pennsylvania, where an underground coal mine (as opposed to all those atmospheric ones?) caught on fire, and has been burning for years, with smoke pouring out of cracks in the cement and earth. Between all the energy and fear added to that setting due to the games and movies, I'm sure a bottle of smoke, or charred ember, or something would be a great tie into that paradigm.

I've been told I'll have to play the game eventually, as two of my lovers live within an hour of Centralia, and want me to play before we go there for a picnic, heh. So perhaps I'll have something better to suggest in a few months.

Pennsylvania, eh? I'm not too far from it... 4 hours maximum to drive there from where I live.

I heard Pennsylvania is pretty haunted.  

`Tai

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:12 am
Ges
Mitsh

You very definitely need to play the games. The movie was pretty good, but it lacked all the occult loveliness the games had. >3
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:53 am
I love Silent Hills...! I have all of them... I completed the Room some months ago and was about to get a chainsaw, but my boyfriends cat peed on my memorycard.... crying .  

Karmakooma

Felouen

Shirtless Raider

10,150 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:14 am
I saw the movie, and also loved it! I really want to play the games, but can´t get them..they don´t sell them here in stores anymore, and I don´t have a credit card so I can´t get them from online stores.
But perhaps I could ask my parents if they could get them for Christmas? blaugh

Well, you can try to make Silent Hill themed familiars, servitors or egregors....like those blood-sucking dogs from the Room.
Some invocations/evocations concerning the dark, using the symbols and sigil...heck, you can actually try summoning those monsters blaugh

After all, if you´re good and believe in it, since thought creates, it can all become real on certain levels of existence )..muhaha.

Oh, and one more thing.
It´s not sure whether it´s based upon that town, as there are many Silent Hills in the USA. However, the movie could be based upon it, very probably, but not the series, because they are about something else..as in, the plot concerning the mines is only in the movie, and I don´t think it´s in the games.
At least that´s what I remember from my research.
Feel free to correct me.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:49 pm
`Tai
Ges
Mitsh

Pennsylvania, eh? I'm not too far from it... 4 hours maximum to drive there from where I live.

I heard Pennsylvania is pretty haunted.

Centralia has mine vents that are raging with fire under neath it. its population is 11 and some of the homes are charred because of the temprature, Someone even almost fell into a vent and died. The fires could have been stoped but the works who were trying to put it out took off labor day weekend and now the fires will burn for years apon years. also the rain begins ivoprating almost immidiantly in some areas when they touch the ground. It also gets very foggy at times, You can easly see the simularites....its beautiful in a very haunting way  

addicted to sin

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Terg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:24 pm
New Jersey has it's own places like Silent Hill. While we don't have Hell-on-Earth, we do have the Gates of Hell. Local legend says that it was discovered via a tunnel that was originally dug for a train but was abandoned without reason.

Got quite few abandoned Sanitariums too, one of the more famous ones was torn down I believe.

But the Pine Barrens are full of mystery and legend, aside from the Jersey Devil.

My mental plane is styled like Silent Hill, quite by accident.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:10 am
Hello. I've recently been playing with the idea and the feel of Silent Hill with my own craft. In fact, I've only been playing with it for a few days now, but I'm very pleased with it. I'm a firm believer in becoming the element you are working with, and the elements I've drawn from the game are Fear, Pain, and love for them both. Also, a great compassion and connection to other human beings only attainable through understanding fear and pain in their depths. I've been able to keep the air around me of these feelings, and to see people in their petty everyday lives and feeling such a profound compassion for them is nothing short of beautiful. I haven't attempted any kind of ritual yet using this energy, as it's still new to me; I'm just enjoying enveloping myself in it. Please, please, please! PM me of your success, as I'm very interested to learn how it has worked for you.  

Viscerim

Ommar_Ramirez

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:54 pm
Felouen
Well, you can try to make Silent Hill themed familiars, servitors or egregors....like those blood-sucking dogs from the Room.
Some invocations/evocations concerning the dark, using the symbols and sigil...heck, you can actually try summoning those monsters blaugh

After all, if you´re good and believe in it, since thought creates, it can all become real on certain levels of existence )..muhaha.

She's absolutely right!!!!

Just remember that evocating beings like those, due to their nature and the preconception you may have about them, would cause the manifestation coming from the L.A.P.(Lower Astral Plane).So you have to take some precautions. Also, Causing the town of Silent Hill come into your dreams or causing it to manifest into other peoples dreams could cause a travel to the L.A.P. or another manifestation from there.

I'm affraid that my karma will cause more trouble for telling you this, but if you really want to try it, You should read the Book Experimental Magic authored by J.H. Brennan. There's an intereseting visualization exercise in order to getting communication with astral manifestations of entities thet may guide you. You may use a variation of that exercise in order to obtain your goal.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:08 am
This is a topic I can relate to!
I have played and beaten every single Silent Hill game they have, and absolutely love the series.
As to making a someone have these kind of nightmares... I don't think it would be a good idea.  

The Polar Bear Express

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:18 am
Because of the movie, I plan on naming my child Alyssa.

I would kill for some spells that can pull of that sort of nastiness. Silent Hill was the cat's friggin' meow. It had everything and more.

*Tear* I want to make one. D:

Anyways, Pyramid head actually had a lot of badass-ism to himself. He raped the creatures, murdered anything. He was his own god of death, in a way. In one of the games though, he had a bit of symbolism as two pyramid heads came at each others. The red one for new blood and the brown to represent the old. It was actually him that got me into blood magick because of that concept.

Hey! And if this works.. Then I could create a Kingdom hearts spell? ;D

heart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:41 pm
I've been playing Persona 3: FES and a certain part in it got me real into the whole Tarot story. Then come to discover, it is suggested that each individual makes their own story for the journey of the fool to better relate.

Onto the Silent Hill part! I've been brainstorming using characters from SH1-4 to assign Major Arcana to, and I'm having a little difficulty. If anyone is super bored, it could be a fun Silent Hill thing to do. Even symbols could be used since there aren't many significant characters. By the way: Silent Hill 4 has 21 victims lines up for the 21 sacriments right? 0-21? Just sayin' biggrin  

Viscerim

Magus Initi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:58 pm
*Shudders*I'm sorry, but I'm very confused why any of you would actually want to base your craft after something so scary! That just seems like asking for trouble.  
The Study (Research)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff