Sure!
  I guess...
  No, thank you. I don't like money.
View Results

Headhunter
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:35 pm
Welcome!

I figured it'd be good to have an introductory/hang out thread for our wonderful new forum until we get things moving with our stories and stuff. So pull up a chair, have a snack and a drink and just relax  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:36 am
Oh, I do loves me a good cafe!

I've always been more of a cafe person than a bar person.

All my faves are in Columbia MO, the Artisan (great place, played my flute there once, and they have this completely divine white hot cocoa), Coffee Zone (a Turkish coffee house with delectably spicy humus), Etc  

AntoniaMerEnfant

LacertaRex

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:34 pm
I'm 100% behind this concept. That being said, I'm a coffee addict, and I'll take a 20oz drip coffee mrgreen

I had considered writing about my future travels (I leave on Monday morning for Washington DC) and I wanted to polish my skills here. I wonder if this is the appropriate place? And how personal should it be? I've read some accounts of travels where I learned details about the writer I wish I could forget. What do y'all think?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:25 pm
LacertaRex
I'm 100% behind this concept. That being said, I'm a coffee addict, and I'll take a 20oz drip coffee mrgreen

I had considered writing about my future travels (I leave on Monday morning for Washington DC) and I wanted to polish my skills here. I wonder if this is the appropriate place? And how personal should it be? I've read some accounts of travels where I learned details about the writer I wish I could forget. What do y'all think?

This raises an important question...

I'm going to try to relay this on to other mods and try to update my forum sticky when I get their feedback.  

AntoniaMerEnfant

WildWildWindWhisperer

Eloquent Autobiographer

6,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:16 pm
strolls on in... taking a seat ....at a table.... next to a window.

Hello everyone....  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:03 am
Honey vanilla chai please!

It's very strange, even though I said no thank you on the poll, it still gave me gold  

chibihotachan

Headhunter
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:02 pm
Greetings all! I hope you enjoy your stay.

*Proceeds getting everyone their requested refreshments*

LacertaRex

I like this idea very much and would be interested in seeing it come about. As for how personal, I think for now it'd be best to stick to general info and observations you make about the places and things you see.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:10 pm
LacertaRex

ta da, there is a new sticky for you (and everyone else).

I tried to come up with a system that would provide freedom for you lovely/handsome writers and sanity. So far the others in the League of Moderators are ok with this. -crosses fingers- I would say use your discretion- what details are adding to your story, and which details would you rather not know about someone else's life?  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Super Buick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:13 am
* orders a double shot of espresso and sits in a darkened corner*  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:50 pm
Super Buick

-Aims an industrial strength spotlight on Super Buick- HOWDY! blaugh  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:52 pm
Wow! I feel like I've been gone forever! sweatdrop When did this place finally show up?! Last I recall, we were voting on a name. Anyway, I'll have a 50/50 coffee with cream and sugar. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:48 pm
Strolls on in..
looks around has a seat... next to a window....
orders a small coffee........

WildWildWindWhisperer

Eloquent Autobiographer

6,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200

Super Buick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:04 am
AntoniaMerEnfant
Super Buick

-Aims an industrial strength spotlight on Super Buick- HOWDY! blaugh

*puts on sunglasses* erm... hi... i just felt like sitting in the dark... light bothers my eyes, makes my migraine worse... the espresso helps them  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:34 pm
All this brightness may make others think an UFO has landed.....
tee hee hee  

WildWildWindWhisperer

Eloquent Autobiographer

6,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200

SydneySkye
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:20 pm
I will take a latte, How goes it all? Where are the UFO's? Hey Buick, I understand the migraine, my latte will make mine all better. I am addicted to coffee.. But I think I will sit with Doressa over by the window. I like to watch people walk by.  
The Writer's Block

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff