Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Angel Sanctuary Anime? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:12 pm
The answer to this might be found somewhere in this forum, but I haven't found it yet. Anyway, as far as I know, there's an Angel Sanctuary anime of only three episodes because Kaori Yuki-san decided to stop after those three episodes for whatever reasons. But I've been hearing that there is an actual anime in the making, or one that's already finished. And whenever I see someone post a thread about the AS anime, and how they're excited to see the rest of it in the anime forum, I tell them what I know, which is there are only three episodes to the manga. Does anyone know for sure whether there is a finished or continuing AS anime?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:49 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
The answer to this might be found somewhere in this forum, but I haven't found it yet. Anyway, as far as I know, there's an Angel Sanctuary anime of only three episodes because Kaori Yuki-san decided to stop after those three episodes for whatever reasons. But I've been hearing that there is an actual anime in the making, or one that's already finished. And whenever I see someone post a thread about the AS anime, and how they're excited to see the rest of it in the anime forum, I tell them what I know, which is there are only three episodes to the manga. Does anyone know for sure whether there is a finished or continuing AS anime?

I think the chatter about an AS anime is all pure speculation and rumor.
The hype for that series is over, if an anime was going to be made, it would have been done back when the manga was still generating hype and there were more people that they would have been sure would buy the merchandise (sad but true).
There is only the 3-part OAV...
Theres mumurs about something called Sanctuary that has Kira and Katou and Setsuna in it, but I cant find any substantial evidence of its existence. It might just be the residue from the development of the OAV.
I seriously have heard ZILCH about it, even from the Japanese publishers of the manga, who would have the rights to the story.
There ARE drama disks for the entirity of the series, however.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:10 am
Moonlit masquerade
Anyway, as far as I know, there's an Angel Sanctuary anime of only three episodes because Kaori Yuki-san decided to stop after those three episodes for whatever reasons

I didn't know that was Yuki's desicion. Was it that she didn't like the way it turned out?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:35 pm
Kamikaze Pedestrian
I didn't know that was Yuki's desicion. Was it that she didn't like the way it turned out?

I heard from somewhere that she thought it was too inappropriate or violent or something, which I thought was really weird. It would make more sense if she didn't like the way it turned out and dropped it though sweatdrop  

Moonlit Masquerade

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:36 pm
Sai-kun

I think the chatter about an AS anime is all pure speculation and rumor.
The hype for that series is over, if an anime was going to be made, it would have been done back when the manga was still generating hype and there were more people that they would have been sure would buy the merchandise (sad but true).
There is only the 3-part OAV...
Theres mumurs about something called Sanctuary that has Kira and Katou and Setsuna in it, but I cant find any substantial evidence of its existence. It might just be the residue from the development of the OAV.
I seriously have heard ZILCH about it, even from the Japanese publishers of the manga, who would have the rights to the story.

Ah ok, thanks 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:55 am
Sai-kun

Okay, I'm sorry... what's a drama disk? I've been reading random splashes throughout this forum about drama disks/drama cds and what not. I'm still not quite clear on what that is. Is it like a book on tape? And are there versions in english? biggrin  

YGOPaladin

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:54 pm
YGOPaladin
Sai-kun

Okay, I'm sorry... what's a drama disk? I've been reading random splashes throughout this forum about drama disks/drama cds and what not. I'm still not quite clear on what that is. Is it like a book on tape? And are there versions in english? biggrin

Drama disks are cds, its a bit like a radio play of a manga, where seiyuu act out the roles of the different characters in the manga.
There's usually music and sound effects and such.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:20 pm
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin
Sai-kun

Drama disks are cds, its a bit like a radio play of a manga, where seiyuu act out the roles of the different characters in the manga.
There's usually music and sound effects and such.

Ahh, so it WAS kinda like what I thought it was! That sounds like something I have to go looking for! 3nodding  

YGOPaladin

Rafael the Wind Angel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:28 pm
i want one of those drama disks [actually i want all AS ones] cus the anime want very good  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:13 pm
I HAVE THE PICS TO PROVE THERE IS AN ANGEL SANCTUARY ANIME LOOKIE HERE

ANGEL SANCTUARY ANIME

and its not just the OAV that was released  

Rafael the Wind Angel

Brenli

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:04 pm
I don't keep up with the rumor mill much, but concerning the idea of AS anime, I'm interested. I have yet to see the 3 ep OAV and I'd like to see that, too, though I understand that it's not that great...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:49 pm
Rafael the Wind Angel

ANGEL SANCTUARY ANIME

That is the 3 episode anime. I have it. I think someone should explain to me what's the difference between an OVA and an anime. I always thought the OVA was the movie and the anime was the series. Can someone explain to me?  

Moonlit Masquerade

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:53 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
Rafael the Wind Angel

ANGEL SANCTUARY ANIME

That is the 3 episode anime. I have it. I think someone should explain to me what's the difference between an OVA and an anime. I always thought the OVA was the movie and the anime was the series. Can someone explain to me?

OVA or OAV stands for Original Video Animation, or Original Animation Video...
OVA's are usually short, only a couple of eps in length, and usually dont make it to television and are released directly to tapes/dvds.
Anime series are usually longer and aired on tv.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:06 pm
Sai-kun

OVA or OAV stands for Original Video Animation, or Original Animation Video...
OVA's are usually short, only a couple of eps in length, and usually dont make it to television and are released directly to tapes/dvds.
Anime series are usually longer and aired on tv.

Oh ok. Thanks.  

Moonlit Masquerade

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:38 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
Rafael the Wind Angel

ANGEL SANCTUARY ANIME

Is it reallly? I didn't remember some of those pictures. I need to watch the OVA again I think....  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff