Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
"A Tale of Two Houses" (Environmental issue related)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NavigatingLight

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:20 am
I got an email of an article that I found very interesting:

Quote:
House #1
A 20 room mansion ( not including 8 bathrooms ) heated by natural gas. Add on a pool ( and a pool house) and a separate guest house, all heated by gas. In one month this residence consumes more energy than the average American household does in a year. The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2400. In natural gas alone, this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home. This house is not situated in a Northern or Midwestern "snow belt" area. It's in the South.

Quote:
House #2
Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university. This house incorporates every "green" feature current home construction can provide. The house is 4,000 square feet ( 4 bedrooms ) and is nestled on a high prairie in the American southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat-pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground. The water (usually 67 degrees F. ) heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer.

The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas and it consumes one-quarter electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house. Surrounding flowers and shrubs native to the area enable the property to blend into the surrounding rural landscape.

Quote:
HOUSE #1 is outside of Nashville , Tennessee ; it is the abode of
the "environmentalist" Al Gore.

HOUSE #2 is on a ranch near Crawford,
Texas ; it is the residence the of the President of the United States ,
George W. Bush.
Just shows the ineffectiveness of the thinking that government action will do more for the environment rather than our own personal responsibility to make changes in our lifestyles to help the environment.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:35 am
Wow, that's interesting, and very great to hear, the global warming freak could give a s**t less!  

Mousers09

singin4Christ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:48 pm
Al Gore would prolly deney it tooth and nail. he'd say that it's all a conspiracy to bring down his "good" name. People don't look at the facts they just liten to the mud slinging and the "Save the World! Hug a Tree!" THey wait for whoever is screaming loudest and then they go with them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:00 pm
singin4Christ
Al Gore would prolly deney it tooth and nail. he'd say that it's all a conspiracy to bring down his "good" name. People don't look at the facts they just liten to the mud slinging and the "Save the World! Hug a Tree!" THey wait for whoever is screaming loudest and then they go with them.

Yeah, the fact the his son has an SUV sums up how much the family cares  

Mousers09

Kira84

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:04 pm
Does anyone have a link? I could use this to annoy my teacher and educate my class... Preferably BEFORE they vote.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:42 am
Yeah!!!! Go Bush!!!  

Tessa23031

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas