Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Resource Bookmark Idea

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What system should we have for design links?
  Del.icio.us tag
  Ma.gnolia group
  Keep putting links in one huge post in the guild forum
  Something else (explain in comments)
View Results

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:14 pm
We have so many links in our resource subforum, and I have tons more to add. I was thinking last night that we should get a new system in place that would allow us to keep track of these links better. It would be easier to find links to things you are interested in, and I would feel better about adding a lot more. smile

Here are my ideas-

1. Use del.icio.us and create a unique tag for the guild for everyone to use when they come across something they'd like to share with us. I'm pretty sure you can get an RSS feed for any tag on the site, so we could post that for people to subscribe to.

The advantage to this might be that more people use del.icio.us.

2. Create a group on ma.gnolia for the guild, and people can post their links to the group. Ma.gnolia is much nicer to look at, and it would be good to have a group to point people to. It would probably be easier to moderate too, so everything is tagged right and everything.

I'd like to have just one place, but I can't decide so I thought I'd ask you guys.

Let me know if you have questions about how it would work or anything. This could be really fun!

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
I'm trying this on del.icio.us to see how its going to work.

Here is the page for the tag ggdg (no one else had used it before....). So anything I post (which is everything at these point) that applies to design I'll add this tag.  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

Goldenavatar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:57 pm
It looks good so far, I've avoided using the del.icio.us myself simply because it's new to me.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games