My anime sketch

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

G_ze_09

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:51 am
Please criticize my artwork for me to improve Thanks! sweatdrop

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:39 am
As much as I'd love to be a to you are far more talented then I so I can't offer anything as I love this piece.
You've done really well in creating, what I feel is like we've disturbed her!
If there was a speech bubble I think it'd say "Huh...What?!"  

xSyrynVx

Married Cutie-Pie

9,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100

AkiraBirtron

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:20 pm
Her right leg looks immensely awkward compared to the rest of her. The way I see it, it looks like it's jutting out of her body the wrong way, DIRECTLY out from the side of her body while her left has much more coherence with the way that the joints work. What I mean is, her left leg is surging forward from her body while her right leg just juts out from her pelvis.

It doesn't look like you were using a digital pen tool to help ink, so what was it that you were using here? Brush pens? What brand were they? From what I can tell, your inking is very precise.

I like the detailing you're using here. In addition to using extensive use of the pen tool, you have the foldings dead on as well as stresses on the sheer amounts of belts. (Must take that into consideration when looking at my own work)

Her right ring finger looks fat... it's probably just me, but it could be just the fact that you aren't using any toner or anything or it's so light that I you can barely tell anything about that particular joint.

Your penmanship is definitely the highlight of this piece, and I look forward to seeing your art in the future.
*steals some of G_Ze_09's techniques*

ninja

You saw nothing...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:19 am
i really appreciate your critique and comments, thank you very much biggrin . by the way it is just a pencil i did not use any ink or something digital.  

G_ze_09

AkiraBirtron

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:04 pm
G_ze_09
i really appreciate your critique and comments, thank you very much biggrin . by the way it is just a pencil i did not use any ink or something digital.

You sure? It looks really dark to be pencil. My guess is you altered it possibly in a program? There is exceptional contrast here.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:09 pm
AkiraBirtron
G_ze_09

You sure? It looks really dark to be pencil. My guess is you altered it possibly in a program? There is exceptional contrast here.

Maybe it was a mechanical pencil...?

angelinbeans

AkiraBirtron

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:23 pm
schzoid_baka
AkiraBirtron
G_ze_09

Maybe it was a mechanical pencil...?

That could explain it PARTIALLY... but my main point with this is the fact that it's VERY crisp.
My guess is this: he draws out a rough sketch, erases it so that there's but a whisp of it's rough then goes back over it in a normal mechanical pencil to finalize it. Deal is, I draw with a mechanical pencil as well, but my marks never turn out that fine. So my guess is as I stated, he erases his original sketching, then redraws the shape that he wanted to keep.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:04 am
actually what i did was, i used a 4h pencil for my sketch and mechanical pencil with 2b lead for darkening the line.  

G_ze_09

itsuka_San

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:28 pm
G_ze_09
actually what i did was, i used a 4h pencil for my sketch and mechanical pencil with 2b lead for darkening the line.

nice...but it looks really clean to be pencil  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:31 pm
a lite source and its lighter shadows cast off the clothing and some color that suggest a drenched type as the cloths that suggested  

nite elf

Tiga Claw

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:08 am
^-^ There's not all that much that needs changing. Your form is great, your shading and lines are awesome. I love her hair. The detail you put into her hair is magnificent.
Just one or two little things - the angle of her nose is slightly off, her right arm is a little bit to narrow. Her right leg looks like it should be angled further away - at the angle it is now, there should have been slightly different lines in the skirt. Her pony tail looks like it was made on the side of her head - it needed a little of that detail between the frenge and the lackey, to define that it was being pushed around by the turning of her head. ^-^ And there was a little too much detail in the butt.
Other than that, it puts all of my work to shame sweatdrop

I hope this helps.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:10 pm
I take drawing in collage and there are ways to make your artwork non smudgy like for instance if you are a person who draws and your hand and or arm rests on the paper (lots do this) get a paper towel or something to place under that part of you that is resting on the paper because this could and most likely will cause smudging on the paper and blacken your hand :F and also when you go to shade never use your fingers because it leaves the natural oil from your fingers on the paper and it looks gross biggrin

the drawing looks really nice. I keep looking at the leg thinking that might be off but i'm not sure.  

Aiya Spiritweaver

Bleu_Fyre

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:01 am
The nose being a little too big in the middle is the only problem I have.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:26 am
wow thats nice. i like it.. how how long did it take?  

jbrittbratt89

The_Master_of_Meep

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:12 pm
put it in the arena  
The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash