Submit

insolitus naturae

6,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:26 pm
just a little story i had to tell here:

does anyone here go to burning man? or has seen mad max? or both?
(if you don't know what burning man is - www.burningman.com)
at burning man they have thunderdome. for those of you who don't know what it is, it's a huge dome where two people get in the middle and fight (to the death in the movie, but at bm it's done with fiberglass swords and the judges pick a winner). the two contestants are strapped to giant bungee cords hanging from the ceiling and fight by swinging at each other. they usually use a harness. during the fight there's a huge crowd of people on and around the dome, usually shouting for their favorite fighter. it's fun, hardcore, and yet rather tame as far as dangerous and shocking stuff goes.

BUT

this year they had a suspension fight. yes, a suspension fight. two guys suspended from the ceiling on bungee cords jumping around beating the royal crap out of each other. it looked like a whole lotta fun, but i can't imagine fighting in that situation - some of the twists and maneuvers they pulled to get out of range of the swords was pretty intense.

holy crap it was badass.

was anybody else there? would anybody else do this? i would in a heartbeat, but i don't know if i would last or win the fight. any opinions or thoughts?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:20 am
Wow that would probably be a lot of fun xD  

popcornsharingbox

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:28 pm
I'd like to watch, but I don't think I'd be up for doing that myself. xd  
Extreme & Ritual Modification

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash