Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:15 am
User Image

New around these parts? Come in and introduce yourself! Here's a few ideas of some things you might want to post about (don't worry if you don't want to follow this format, it's just a suggestion!):

• basic details like your age and country
  • how long you've been into sculpture and craft
  • what got you started in it
  • what you consider your specialties/weaknesses
  • links to your work

Please don't post introductory threads outside of this thread to keep things tidy, thankyou!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:40 am
I suppose I should go first blaugh I'm Chisa, your friendly neighborhood guild captain. I'm a 22 year old graphic designer from Australia. I've been into art in the two dimensional sense for a long time, digital art and illustration in particular, but I've recently started getting into clay and want to start trying out other crafts as well because I've found it so fun. I'm quite the noob but already have heaps of ideas for new projects whee I really want to talk to other craftsters and learn from them, which is why I started this guild.

So far I've worked with polymer clay (anyone heard of Premo? It's by the sculpey people...) and you can see my creations here and in my deviantArt gallery. At the moment I'm having a lot of trouble with painting in particular, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I like making cute simple things, but eventually I want to do more complex maquette models of my characters.

As a designer I'm also really interested in the presentation, photography, packaging and marketing aspect of craft.

Sorry this was so long! You don't have to all post that much, I'm just a blabbermouth rofl  

Chisa
Captain

Maimy
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:45 am
Ahh, those banner bunnies are damn adorable XD

Hihi, I'm Maimy, I'm 19 and live in a rainy little seaside town whose most recent claim to fame was that they used our beach in Atonement. Yay!

I've been crafty my whole life (if making robots out of yoghurt pots and castles out of toilet rolls counts), but it wasn't until my second year of college (and I actually had to make a decision) that I got serous about it. It was a toss-up between Animation and Applied Arts, and messy stuff wins over computers anyday for me. biggrin So now I'm doing my FdA which may yet become a BA, I'm not sure. My ultimate goal is to become a self-employed Designer Maker, teaching workshops on the side.

My course covers textiles, jewellery and ceramics, so I work with all sorts - silver, porcelain, copper, wool, heat transfer machines, sewing machines, kilns, and lots of lovely saws & blowtorches. What sucks is that I can only do textiles at home so far, but when term starts and my grant comes though that should change. biggrin

My crappier (i.e. non-uni) work is viewable here. Being in the same building as the Photography students this year should make it easier to get photos of my serious work. XD I hope.

& apparently I'm more of a blabbermouth, LOL. A universal truth: never ask an artist about their work if you haven't a few hours to spare. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:17 pm
Wow, that's a pretty awesome range of media whee Your course sounds fantastic, I wish I'd had the foresight to do something interesting instead of Computer Science xp And thanks for being my first member!  

Chisa
Captain

Lore Lux

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:50 pm
I'm a 21 year old art student.

Ideally, I'd like to do something creative when I graduate.

I dabble in whatever media I can get my hands on.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:21 am
Am I the youngest here? ninja

Well. hum.

I've always had an interest in art.

I've been working with polymer clay for only a few months. I have yet to make something I like and thus the piece ends up getting "lost".

I love. The pose, colors, texture, .. heart

rosedryad

Brass Coin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:59 am
Hello~ I'm Courtney but I perfer to go by Rory on the Internets XD

I'm 18~ I live in California and long to leave this state.. I've always been crafty since a young age; I think its because of my grandmother, she'd alwys have the young kids make things like angels or sheep out of real sheep wool, or she'd show us how to make our own playdough and stuff like that and I liked it. Only recently have I gotten into sculpting and creating things from clay or resin, I hope to have money soon so I can start this project I'm planning ^^; maybe by the end of the year XD  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:15 am
Yay! Welcome everyone, glad to have you here ^_^

omitto - I tend to like my pieces for a few days then start to hate it and plan new ones sweatdrop

Unidentified Gal - I'm really curious about what your project is!  

Chisa
Captain

CottonCandyNeko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:58 am
My name is Nina I'm 18 and I'm from Sweden
I started making plushies 3 years ago I think
I wanted something to do so I started making plushies
I love making fan plushies like from games our anime  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:19 am

Hi ~<3 ^^

I'm 16 (I feel so little..) and from England.
I've been interested in crafts all my life really.
I only got serious about it this year though since I'm starting college tomorrow.
My specialty.. so far.. charms ^^; Hopefully soon, plushies and hats! ^^

My work is all here. but I'm still working on stuff.
User Image  

Dusk Magpie

Lunatic

kiersin

Invisible Phantom

10,850 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:57 am
hi, I'm 26, and I'm from the USA, and live in the only state that you can drive directly south to get into Canada. I've been crafty for so long that I think you'd need a time machine to find out when it really was, and since my mom is rather crafty too that means I got it from her. I like sculptures and if I set aside more time I could probably make the one that I'm planning (a dragon for a guild on DA that I'm in). I've done two nativity sets one as a gift, and the other is in a box of stored decorations. I think I can photograph my work if I get around to it, and it would be posted to Deviantart under my account there, but most of my gallery is photography. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:35 pm
Hello! My real name is Alicia. (Yes, I am a girl). I joined because Chisa told me I should and since I'm not part of any other guilds I figured why not? I love to make plushies. I actually like textile crafts of most forms. I'm really having fun talking to people who have similar interests! I didn't realize there were so many people out there in my age group that enjoy these crafts too!
You can view some of my stuff here: http://rabbittut.deviantart.com/
And my shop: http://PeekaBooWkshp.Etsy.com/
Thanks for taking a look!  

VanillaBeanMoMo

VanillaBeanMoMo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:38 pm
I'm 20! In case anyone's interested. I forgot to add that.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:50 pm
* basic details like your age and country
* how long you've been into sculpture and craft
* what got you started in it
* what you consider your specialties/weaknesses
* links to your work

Hi, my name is Eva. =3 I live in Canada Ontario, and I'm pretty young. I've always loved arts and crafts ever since I was a child and I still do-- even now! I don't really think I have a specialty, but my weakness is planning and lack of inspiration.(Oh noes!) If you would like, you can stop by my Deviantart and check out some of my crafts. Although, most of my gallery is digital/traditional drawings.  

Phierra

Faustuas

Adorable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:41 am
Hey everyone. Names ed and im 22 and live in the U.S. I have only recently started getting into sculpture and craft alot more recently then before,well more like doing more around them. Ipretty much started thanks to my arts and crafts class and ceramics class in high school. My one big weakness is i strive to much for perfection sometimes to the point where iend up taking it apart and starting all over again xp Right now my specilaities are hard to say. I don't have any of my scuplutres or crafts up yet but ido have some of my drawings in my journal . 3nodding  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff