Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Photoshop CS3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:13 am
Who here has gotten a chance to work with the program? If you have, what are your thoughts on it? Is it better or worse than CS2? Would you recommend something else, in it's place?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:33 pm
neutral I got to try my hands on the Photoshop CS3 for mac's, and honestly it's not much different from the CS2 version of the program. I'm sure that I'll discover some more of the functionality points as I used it through the semester, but right now I wouldn't know what they are. I am in the process of getting my hands on the CS3 suite for windows, but if it's anything like the CS2 suite, I expect it to be a damned resource hog like it's previous versions.  

Goldenavatar

godoftherain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:56 am
i haven't tried photoshop cs3 yet, since i have a general preference for 7.0.
But, I do run Illustrator and inDesign CS3, and my god, they're amazing.

Illustrator is a definite recommended upgrade.
They finally have it so the points you're trying to click on get bigger when you're hovering near them! heart  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:23 am
Update: I've given a few of the programs a pretty good spin, and frankly, it's an almost seamless functionality change from CS2 to CS3, however I made a very chilling discovery. Right now, I only have CS3 for MacOSX at my school, and CS2 for WinXP at home. It goes without being said that course work that I start at school, I want to finish at home, so I start assignments on CS3, and finish them at home on CS2. I encountered a problem that I don't recall having had when my school had been using CS2, file corruption. I can't bring CS2 InDesign and Illustrator(*.ai & *.indd) files back to CS3. If that wasn't bad enough I can't seem to bring CS3 files from one computer to another. I've ruled out the flash drive as the cause since I can bring CS3 files to CS2 with little problems, but once I take them off the computer I'm guaranteed to be unable to bring them back to finish or print.

My only solution so far has been to use generic file formats to get my work done, and keep them portable. And also when work is due, I typically turn in a print ready *.PDF file, rather than the actual work file. So far that's been the only negative I've encountered with Adobe Creative Suite 3. In the grand scheme of things it's minor, and something I can adapt to, but in the long run it's an inconvenience that could lead to problems in the future if Adobe doesn't deal with this problem.  

Goldenavatar

Lazy Brandon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:11 pm
    ยป I tried it when they released it to the public. It wasn't really any different, except for a few new features.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:59 am
Image ready has been made into a pretty much pointless program. Now you can do animations and all that inside photoshop, making it ALOT easier.  

Trash x

GoldKnift

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:46 pm
To the above post: That's why they didn't re-release Image Ready.

And, CS3 is just too organized for my taste. It was so frightening, I couldn't do anything on it. I might upgrade in the near future though.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:38 am
Trash x
Image ready has been made into a pretty much pointless program. Now you can do animations and all that inside photoshop, making it ALOT easier.

image is still useful for designing a web site and stuff  

CrZyJ0E

Szandrah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:06 pm
CrZyJ0E
Trash x

image is still useful for designing a web site and stuff

Nope. All the functionality of ImageReady is in Adobe CS3 as well. Then again, I never used ImageReady much before. It wrote crappy website markup...

Photoshop CS3 is much better than CS2, if only for the way it handles the toolbars. Be sure to stock up on RAM though, it won't even install if you have under 1GB and working with anything less than 2GB is a nightmare.

The big news in the CS3 suite, though, is Dreamweaver. It is completely remodeled and has taken all the good things in GoLive and Dreamweaver and made a completely new application. It's a great tool, even though I mostly code by hand. ;-P  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:16 pm
Koiyuki
Who here has gotten a chance to work with the program? If you have, what are your thoughts on it? Is it better or worse than CS2? Would you recommend something else, in it's place?

I have it. Its very similar to CS2 except it is meant to be more user friendly. I perefer the new interfaces because the palettes dont get in the way now.  

Altiryoko

Larzar
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:33 am
I like it. I have it on my new vista and it works perfectly on it. Its more refined then the previous models. I like how you can set up your work space and the animation options are awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:36 pm
Besides using Elements 6, I would reccomend CS3.
It isnt a drastic change from CS2 but there are some changes that needed to be made, and it made CS3 much better in my perspective.  

me syd

JoshinDesign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:33 am
I use cs3 ALLLLLLL the time.
Mostly for header banners, and actions for my photography.
The only difference from cs3 is its easier to organize your workspace.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:44 am
Cs3 is a good program for alot of different, as they give you choices and to create your own work space.
and the effects they give or different brushes to create nice effects and designs although i download my own brushes  

RevampBrush

Nightmare Kandii

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:04 pm
I love cs3 <33
Better than cs2
I feel more in control
3nodding

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers