Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Mistaken ages Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:05 am
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

So, on Tuesday I was riding my bike to work in the morning and the crossing guard for one of the elementary schools at a street that wasn't even busy at the time starts hassling me walk my bike accross. Seeing as I do not attend school and there are no cars coming, I really don't need to listen to her and I keep going then she yells to me "Are you going to school?" and I yell back "No I'm going to work!" Now, there aren't even any high schools in that part of town. And even then high schools don't get crossing guards. This lady actually thought I was like 12. THEN yesterday I went to the liquor store and I haven't been in there since I've been of age (have been before but I was with someone and they were buying) and the guy didn't even ID me. I'm 19, so I am of age but if they don't know who you are and you look younger than 25 they're supposed to ID you. He must have seen me before or something. =/ But still.

Within a week I was mistaken for being 12 and noted by the liquor store clerk as someone who doesn't need to be ID'd.

Have you ever had something like this happen? Do people think you're older or younger than you really are?

...I laughed myself to sleep.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:08 am
I look like I could my 19 when I'm only 15. stare

My mom was at a restraunt when she was 35 and ordered a beer. The waitress had her take out her license. I bet that waitress was embaressed when she found out my mom was 35.

Muzzi23

Rebbyy

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:12 am
User Image

Says:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i'm 17 and some bus drivers still ask me if i want a child's fare xD it's great...cheap travel =P  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:17 am
When Alan and I started dating, we had a cop ask if he was trying to childnap me. . .

Of course, that was back when Alan dressed scary. :/
Hm.
I get carded every time I go anywhere. Especially when I would go to buy cigarettes since I never go to the same place twice. I have no loyalty. xD

Hildr

Clever Goat

Oh Snap its Kaitlin

Shameless Elocutionist

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:24 am
People I know say I look really young, like 10 or something. Even though I'm 13. D<

I've never had something like that happen to me but a few years ago I was walking with my sister and some random person thought that my sister was my mom and started talking about pregnant teens. We told her we're sisters and she looked at us with a face like we were lieing.
I was 12 and she was 15. I must've looked reeaaalllyy young to be mistaken for something like that. =/  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:48 am
Not quite related, but I often get mistaken for a human.
Cuz tall bunnies look human somehow...
User Image  

Pailzor
Captain

Dictator STD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:01 am
@Pail: rofl rofl

So, I was at university, and my friend was turning 18, and I was like, so wow, now you're not the youngest of the group now. and she said "yeah sorry" Which didn't made any sense, and when I asked her why she was saying sorry she said "well because you're the youngest now", except i'm the oldest xD~ I was... 22 then. When I Told her she was, shocked, cause she thought I was younger than her.
Most people always think I'm younger. And I have a younger sister, and people usually think she's the older sister, not me

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:31 am
erm iive been confused for a college student once my facial hair started to appear. Now i got a beard and people think im old. Lol its great whenever i go to the tenderloin cause of a crazy party i dont get carded cause i guess i look like a crazy crack head!

their only half right....CRAZY!

other then that ive been able to buy cigs since i was 15 just cause of that advantage. however ive never been hassled for "being to old" which is great.  

Ryoku Tenshu

DarkAnGeL(BrokenOne)

Durem Knight

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:50 am
Ive always been mistaken for loking older then what I am. Lets see I was barely 14 and ppl already thaight I was 18. But now I look closer to my age >.> kinda lol. But its mainly because of my height 6'6" or 7" and Im barely 17 woot woot. Plus I think its mainly all the stress that causes me to look older. I have too much stress for a 17 year old, Ive already experienced so much the only people I know that have such high stress and exp. so much are like ppl who are 60.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:03 pm
People have mistaken me for an 11 year old plenty of times when I'm really 16.

About 2 months ago, me and my father went to the movies. As we were walking into the theater one of the ushers asked me if I wanted a booster seat, I'm short so it didn't help much.

Then last year when I was signing up for my new school, they kept asking me if I was signing up for the Middle School, even after I told them I was in High School about 10 times.  

Flurgin Popin

Dapper Citizen

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Aquarian Mage

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:03 pm
People still think I'm like... 13... or younger... x_x
It is really embarassing...
It hinders my freedom!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:16 pm
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

Ooh, I have another story, this one isn't about me though.

For two years in high school I was in the History Club, and what we did was we would do catering for different groups in the community to raise money and then we would go on trips. One of the caterings was at a church. As we were cleaning up one of the elderly ladies was trying to figure out if my friend Derek or our Mrs. Carl was the teacher. My friend was 17 at the time but he looks older and was wearing a grey blazer at the time. The lady finally concluded that Derek was the teacher. We got a good laugh at that and Mrs. Carl loved it. We kept trying to tell her she doesn't look old, haha.

...I laughed myself to sleep.

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

Amaris Moegi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:33 pm
I have one also. Alright so my mother, little sister, and I went grocery shopping and as we were checking out. The lady asked me how were my kids doing? My mom was standing right next to me the lady thought my mom was my daughter I don't see how that happened seeing as my mom is 40 and I'm 16. Happens all the time this other time these missionaries came over and my little sister walked past me and they said" How old is your daughter and how many kids do you have?" (btw my little sis is 9 they had mistaken me for a 24 year old) I had to correct them and they were all embarrassed.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:36 pm
When I was eleven I went to Knotts Berry Farm, and when you're 12 they raise the price of the ticket. The lady at the window asked me for my birthday and everything. I thought it was funny xD  

KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN

iViggs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:58 pm

I'm 14.

I look 17 and act like a 10 year old.

Depends how I feel. Bored and crap=17. Hyped up and normal=10.

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff