Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
So I Was Camping... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baka Choy

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:54 pm
Just to get to my camp site i had walk 2 and 1/2 miles with a 25 pound backpack. (why i was doing it. *Ahem* Boy Scouts) it was brutal... i fell down while walking to i was wiped out... My scout mates where all tired when we got there... my friend Joseph had a infection on his nail so he had a hard time... i missed my family and my cell phone barely had any signal so couldnt call my family for the whole week... any camping experiences?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:07 pm
When I was eight to nine years old, my family used to go camping. We'd drive to the park, get out the packs, and hike to the camping grounds. It was very difficult for me, a little girl then, to hike up-and-down hills for a few miles.

One time my uncle came along and brought his Chocolate Lab, Buddy. I felt much safer outdoors with a big ol' dog laying across my legs. 3nodding

And I hate outhouses!!! scream Always have. Very, very icky.

Lady Dionish

[Lena E.]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:47 pm
I love camping. My parents have been taking me since I was two every year for one week in the Adirondacks. I find it real fun. I hate outhouse as some one else has mentioned, but I like it better when there is at least an outhouse.

This year I hit my foot into a giant rock and the scab is till there 4 weeks later. I bruised the bone. I also hit an even bigger rock before that and scratch me heal and deeply cut my little toe. I have a scar now and then the puncture wounds on my knee got infected and I was squeezing them and little rocks kept popping out my knee. It was an... experience you could say. I still love camping.

I don't care about the phone signal thing cause I don't have a cell phone.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:47 pm
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

My family used to go camping when I was younger, the last time we all went I was 12 though.

Sometime in grades 5-7 I went camping as a end of the year trip with my class. I think I only went once and I don't remember which of the three years I didn't go, just which teachers I had. And the one teacher I had twice. lol.

I've also gone on anywhere from 3-5 weekend camp outs with Air Cadets while I was a member back in the day.. and I went to one two week camp but that was not in tents, we had barracks.

Since then all I think I've done is like camping in people's back yards for parties and stuff, but I'd like to go on a proper camp out again sometime. I just require running water and decent-ish washroom facilities. I don't do the whole squatting thing or bathing in the lake. Haha.

...I laughed myself to sleep.

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

Kiwi Cow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:18 pm
Nope lol  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:37 pm
STD doesn't camp u.u
I like the urban life 3nodding

Dictator STD

Kuromi Charm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:51 pm
I don't think I've ever been camping before. ;[  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:00 pm
Ive been in boy scouts too..

Its really fun in tent when you make jokes and stuff...

once when i was in gr. 5 i think i was by my self in a huge tent with chocolate (i sneaked it in) and a pack of coyotes came and i was terrified....  

zomgwhee

Duchess Dill

Angelic Gaian

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:13 pm
    I thought you said your friend had an INJECTION in his nail. I was like, what?! But no.

I've only ever camped in my friend's backgarden. We were young. But it was a laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:31 am
I've only ever camped out at music festivals and they're more dangerous than normal camp sites what with the lack of toilets, alcohol drinking and yob behavior plus the normal troubles of camping like putting your tent up and making sure it isn't next to someone rough and smelly. Also the bugs and stuff like that.  

Cherry Choo

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:13 am
User Image

My camping experiences are usually good.

Looks like you didn't have a good one though D; Sorry to hear it. I think some people are just use to camping often.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:23 pm
I love camping! xD My favorite part of it all is the fishing!

A couple years back, while I was fishing with the fam while camping and what not, I had our two year old Lab with me. Her leash was tied to my belt so that she wouldn't wander off and I could still cast and reel and stuff. Well... to keep her occupied I gave her her kong (a type of chew toy) and she seemed to be doing fine... And then she dropped the kong into the water... o_O And chassed after it! Well, we were on a dock and she just dived in like a bullet and guess who went with her..?

XD I was so soaked, I had no time to react or anything. Before I knew it, I was in the lake with the dog. HAHA.

Yeah. >_>  

-Chord- V

Aquarian Mage

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:01 am
My parents are camp-a-holics but I'm indoorsy most of the time.
The scenery is beautiful but mosquitoes and ticks love my blood!

When I hardXcore camp I see snakes and don't know what to do... ugh.
Snakes... eek!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:39 am
Fairy_Sage
My parents are camp-a-holics but I'm indoorsy most of the time.
The scenery is beautiful but mosquitoes and ticks love my blood!

When I hardXcore camp I see snakes and don't know what to do... ugh.
Snakes... eek!

Lol

User Image  

Kiwi Cow

sethblast

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:19 am
i dont camp that much.... crying  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash