Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Uncertainty

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NovaKing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:12 pm
[In order to better understand my self I usually pose questions and known statements to provoke philisophical insight. This, however, was merely a bi-product of that, written when my english teacher asked us to draw up a rough draft for our college essays last year.]

I am complicated. Yet no one knows me better than I do. I can trace my story; and yet I can hardly interpret it. I do not know whether it is internal confidence that stops me, or an unsolved inability. I can’t say I know what I really want, and yet I can tell you what I love. I am built out of ambivalence. I have been asked to boast, and even in that I cannot progress. I have been told that my time is short and I have little time to act, and yet I feel as if I can't act without all the time in the world. My seas are raging, with waves and foam obscuring the horizon.

So what do I do? Will calmer waters come?

~~~

...We are not sorcerers and we cannot dictate the water’s flow. Those looking for calmer waters best grab a paddle.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:00 pm
The ending was what really made the whole thing. Sort of tied things together, y'know? Nice.  

Voxxx

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:27 pm
You're making my head spin!

But, in a good, deep thinking, stop and take a look at your life why don't you sort of way.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:23 pm
eek

With an essay like that, colleges will definitely consider you, haha. But I tpp have a problem with boasting about myself in college applications. That's why I have to ask my dad and mom what accomplishments I've gone through, since I don't feel I've done much at all over the past few years...  

BlackHawkGS

NovaKing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:36 am
Thanks all.

[Heh love the new outfit Black Hawk.]  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items