Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Where do you go to get inspiration?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rosedryad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:41 pm
I'm in a swap and the send out date is next week. And I still have not made anything. I can't think of anything amazing.

I've looked at things at Flickr, Craftster, and dA. And right now, I'm browsing Makezine.

Where do you go to/what do you do?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:25 pm
dA and Flickr mostly for me - I find a person with cool stuff, look through their gallery, then go through their faves to find more people with similar work. Besides that its listening to music, taking a walk and thinking about what I'd find handy or want to wear that I could possibly make.

I think I'm better at the conceptualizing than actually doing at this point >_>  

Chisa
Captain

Dusk Magpie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:54 am

DA for me. I just search something or look through certain categories until I find something that gives me an idea.
Or I just look around when I'm in town or even walking around my house.
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:03 am
I search on google and an lurk about in the picture post forums and arts textiles and crafts forums, or jsut kinda channel surf for abit to gaian new ideas.  

Faustuas

Adorable Sex Symbol

kiersin

Invisible Phantom

10,850 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:22 am
DA, music, Maine (nature can inspire me a lot and that's where I'm most relaxed with nature), sometimes my friends inspire me, and I've also gotten inspired by things in magazines.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:19 pm
normally, I just make things (pottery, sculpey, much 3D art) based on my friends personallitys. Like, this new kid in my class. I'm making a little figurine thingy based on how he acts Same with my half-lover. You know who you are.... eek  

Kiwi Explosion

Maimy
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:00 am
I get inspiration everywhere... but I suppose my biggest sources would be 1. loved ones (cheeeeese), 2. others' work, 3. places/environments (& associated feelings/ideas) - the beach, Whitby Abbey, bed, 4. the materials I work with, 5. BOOKS! I love books so much it's almost unhealthy.  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games