Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Well my 18th finally passed.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

only-hello-kitty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:20 am
well i'm not sure if this is entirely relevant but there is a small connection in some way.

it will be my 18th birthday next wed and i wanted to celebrate buy going on a day trip to London Chinatown for like food and shopping and just basically have a good time with my friends its really important to me as i am chinese but im short and look like a 10 year old so i really want to enjoy a nice 18th birthday but i have invited 4 friends to come along but none of them can come....i am really upset but it just because they cant get the day off work but it is so important to me right now and its just gone downhill it was gonna be in the weekend cause i cant get the day off college for nothing.

i know i shouldnt blame them but i planned it from last month and i love eating at chinatown and i was gonna treat them to some good chinese food but now no-one is going.

i know is a stupid subject but how would you feel if this happend to you?

well i have gone to london on my own and i suppose its no big deal really but on the day i would be lying if i said i wansn't upset i was laughing to myself which nearly ended up in tears as no-one was laughing wiht me. im really quite a loner sometimes. only one friends made it up to me which made me really happy she treated me out to a chinese meal in where i live and we had a chinese buffet together and it really did help and im much better now. thanks for all suggesstions! xxxx  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:50 am
I'd be dpressed, more than I am now

but you should try to keep a clear mind, I mean it's true your 18th birthday comes once a year, but your 18th un-birthday comes 364 times a year xd just plan it for another day when every one is free and if they bail out then, you can rant and stuff in the rant thread.  

mymiridon

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:16 am
Mmn, yes, if you have troubles of this kind please feel free to use the rant thread.

Like yalie says, it's upsetting, but don't take it to heart. It's not entirely their fault, either. Just move it to the next day, or the next weekend. (: I've had it happen to me before, just don't worry, everything will be fine. Or invite other people -- it's surprising how much fun you can have with people you're not close to..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:29 am
In contrast with what Niph says, I prefer my close friends. But I think new people are good for just... a breath of fresh air too. 3nodding

Anyway, Hello Kitty (my nickname for you now, lol), I understand how you feel. Anyone would be disappointed, especially having planned it for so long too. It obviously means something to you, and in a sense it's like a stab in the gut. sad However, like you said, you can't exactly blame your friends; I'm sure if you see it from their POV, it's not exactly easy on them either. I often have the same problem you are having now - when I'm organising big group outings, like just a simple going to the cinema or going for an evening meal in China Town, there isn't one flipping day that suits everybody to a T, and that really pisses me off, because my friends obviously don't understand quite how hard I have to work and how much effort I give in too. I always want it to work out, even if not perfect, and it hurts me that they're not taking it seriously. However, I just have to sigh to myself, not expect them to understand my pain, and return to the beginning. Find another bloody date. If I want this event to happen, I will make it happen. 3nodding I don't think you should give up on your eighteenth party just yet, Hello Kitty. I really don't, because it would be such a dsiappointment for you, and I'm sure you'd regret it in future. My advice, similar to Niph's, is to try and find a date around your birthday which all of your friends can make. At least you need only think of four - usually I have to stick in eight people, and gods, is that difficult! xd I know it won't be as you originally planned, but don't let dates spoil your fun and your birthday. You can still have this lovely party of yours and you can still go out and have a good time, may it be just before or after your birthday. 3nodding

Back to your friends, over time you will find it in your hearts to forgive them. The hurt is very natural, I can assure you. 3nodding And do use the Rant Thread, it is such a wonderful thread. xd We all congregate on our problemos. Which remind me, I must have a good rant sometime meself. Hah.  

Chibito7

soumakisa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:29 pm
    × yup yup... postpone the outing date~ when there's a will, there's a way!

... and meanwhile enjoy your 18th birthday.. well, it's only natural to feel disappointed but dont sulk.. plan something on your actual bday and make your life full of happiness... (≧∇≦)b

have fun~ and happy birthday.. *hugs*

--

(人’∀’)<“Happy birthday to you to hello kitty♪”

HEЯE'S A РЯЁSЁЙТ FОЯ УОЦ・・・(*´∀`*)σ[畄][畄][畄]

誕生日(*≧∀≦)ハ┏━iiiiii━┓ハ(≧∇≦*)パチパチ *and some cakie*

[ミ☆ HAPPY BIRTHDAY ☆彡]⌒ヾ(・ω-。)~♪

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:17 am
Chibito7
In contrast with what Niph says, I prefer my close friends. But I think new people are good for just... a breath of fresh air too. 3nodding

Anyway, Hello Kitty (my nickname for you now, lol), I understand how you feel. Anyone would be disappointed, especially having planned it for so long too. It obviously means something to you, and in a sense it's like a stab in the gut. sad However, like you said, you can't exactly blame your friends; I'm sure if you see it from their POV, it's not exactly easy on them either. I often have the same problem you are having now - when I'm organising big group outings, like just a simple going to the cinema or going for an evening meal in China Town, there isn't one flipping day that suits everybody to a T, and that really pisses me off, because my friends obviously don't understand quite how hard I have to work and how much effort I give in too. I always want it to work out, even if not perfect, and it hurts me that they're not taking it seriously. However, I just have to sigh to myself, not expect them to understand my pain, and return to the beginning. Find another bloody date. If I want this event to happen, I will make it happen. 3nodding I don't think you should give up on your eighteenth party just yet, Hello Kitty. I really don't, because it would be such a dsiappointment for you, and I'm sure you'd regret it in future. My advice, similar to Niph's, is to try and find a date around your birthday which all of your friends can make. At least you need only think of four - usually I have to stick in eight people, and gods, is that difficult! xd I know it won't be as you originally planned, but don't let dates spoil your fun and your birthday. You can still have this lovely party of yours and you can still go out and have a good time, may it be just before or after your birthday. 3nodding

Back to your friends, over time you will find it in your hearts to forgive them. The hurt is very natural, I can assure you. 3nodding And do use the Rant Thread, it is such a wonderful thread. xd We all congregate on our problemos. Which remind me, I must have a good rant sometime meself. Hah.

i would really like to arrange anotherdate but if they cant get this weekend off what is the likelyness to get the week after and so on. i would a rrange it in the week but then i would have to miss college and miss my weekly payment of £30 for attending college and my friends probably wouldnt do that. i think i decided to go to london on my own cause thats what i always wanted to do and i just hope that it will be fun on my own then not going at all and missing my chance.

anyway thanks....+ i like the nickname lol heart  

only-hello-kitty

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:07 am
Well, my friend's seventeenth birthday is on the 26th September, and since she's busy round that weekend (and some of us are also busy), we (her friends) are throwing her a party on the weekend before her birthday (next Saturday). We're gonna make sure she has a fab time. 3nodding I'm sure you can make it work with your four friends too. And then maybe have fun by yourself on your birthday, ne? Like you said, go out and have some fun. Niph did mention that she has better fun with strangers, and perhaps the same will apply for you.

Anyway, no problem. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:25 am
remember remember the 5th (?) of october

perhaps a mysterious ninja fire at night destroyed where ever your friends had to be that day would cause them to have free time to spend with you twisted

the gunpower treason and plot  

mymiridon

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:15 am
*hides flamethrower behind back*

ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:31 am
Aiyah.

Kisa is so Japanese. xDD

Nyaaa. Tis gonna be your 18th birthday right.

So you shouldn't be upset. You should be happy. 8DD

I can't wait till I'm 18. <__<>__>

Yush, you should plan another time.

It's impossible to find a date when all my friends can agree on too.

But I'm sure it's not that they don't care.

Yes... Fire... ninja

-hides chainsaw-

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:20 am
November. November. .___. October just doesn't have the same ring.

'm 18 in March. START PLANNING PRESENTS NOW >__>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:01 am
@Tosh: Haha... I'm sure my friends care. They just care how difficult my situation is.

mad

I try my best to accommodate them all though. However, there was this one time which led to one of my friends blaming me because I couldn't fit her into the plans. It was the only date around that time that suited the most people, and the people that HAD to be there were going, so I was upset I had to leave her out, but she just wouldn't understand. Then my friend, who was also her friend, had a go at me about leaving people out.

If they think it's so bloody easy, then they should very well try and organise it themselves for once!!!

*sigh*

Anyway, sorry about that. I just irritated when I remember what happened. sad

@Niph: Well, that gives me plenty of time. =P I'll think of something practical that I can give to someone over the Internet. xd

And my seventeenth birthday is on the 3rd January, same as my mummy's. xd So I want presents toooo! 4laugh  

Chibito7

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:39 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I feel your pain TT^TT

I've had that happened to me lots of times...plan it during week, day before "oh sorry my mum says I can't go" or "sorry I gotta go somewhere"

I get overly pissed when my friends do that.

Like in May's London Expo, got like around 5 people coming...week before we go everyone says they're too busy D=

Plan to go with a bunch of my friends next month...it all counts on if this 1 particular person is allowed to go and parents will drive my other friends there...
Otherwise it'll end up like in July...me, my brother and one of my friends >.>

You can plan another time to go Chine Town with em.
If they don't come, make them come with you, tell them that you are overly annoyed about them not coming 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:18 am
dude... you guys are lucky... my birthday is in december, and as if it wasn't enough that it's on a sunday, it right before finals!! I mean my birthday's on sunday then my first finals is on monday!! gonk I dunno if I'll celebrate by going home or by studying stare  

mymiridon

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:14 am
yalie, you poor child. // patpat //

@789 - // laughs nervously // I always end up being the one cancelling on people..
____ . _ . ''

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces