Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Giyaaahhh! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:48 pm
For the record, my RL name is Nick.

Spyke: Quick, everyone we need to act fast!

Brian: I'm on it!

Ritz: I'll ready the mechas!

Brian: We have mechas?

Ritz: Apparently.

Brian: Cool! Can I have a blue one?

Spyke: Brian, can it! Nick is going crazy again and we need to find a way to calm him down. We're going to fly over to Drexin and find the source of the craziness.

Brian: Drexin?

Ritz: A world Nick created awhile back. Primarily fantasy-based, slightly technology advanced. Elves are in abundance and I believe they can only cast fire spells... Nick must have been going through a pyro-maniac stage of his life when he made it.

Brian: How come I've never heard of this world?

Spyke: He got bored with it and canned the idea. Now let's go!

The three hop into armored 30 foot-tall gundams (read: giant robots) and take off. They fly through a wormhole leading into the skies above Drexin.

Everything below is in chaos. The forest surrounding the town is catching fire, people are running around helter-skelter and a huge spider robot is eating houses.

Brian: StarWars pun?

Spyke: There was a spider robot in StarWars?

Brian: Thought so.

On the ground standing before the spider is me.

Me: Giyaaahhh!

I launch a giant fireball at the spider robot that is easily deflected away from its armor.

Me: Sperkan quo laquede!! Ocera poon!

Brian: And now he's speaking in another language?

Ritz: Eh, actually he's not. He's just yelling random things...

Spyke: Sounds Latin.

Brian: Really? I was thinking the first part sounded more German...

Ritz: For the love of Thor, how about we help the guy!?

They all rush the spider in formation, cannons raised. They blast the legs to try and hinder his movement, but the armor plating proves to be just as strong down below. The sides and top of the spider appear to be solid as well.

Spyke: Damn! Ritz, analysis?

Ritz: He has some kickass armor.

Spyke: Not helping. Brian, random idea?

Brian: MUFFINS!

Spyke: Not helping either. I'm going to open a communications line with Nick.

Click.

Spyke: Hey, Nick.

Me: ... requolla fo ippa.

Spyke: Um, yeah. We kind of need a way to beat this thing so he'll stop making you think so crazy, so try to think of a weakness.

Me: Dewalla yer poppaq?

Spyke: ... bless you?

Me: Have you shot the thing with ice?

Spyke: Oh, water instead of fire? Good idea! And you seem to be speaking English again!

Me: Ferasqua?

Spyke: ... or not. Brian, throw an ice cube at it!

Brian throws an ice cube at the machine. The spider explodes.

Brian: That was lame.

I've had a lot of trouble writing lately. That last thing I posted, the first chapters of my book, was written roughly a year ago. So that means that "Betwixt: Part 2" was the most recent thing I've written... almost a month ago.

It's like I'm too scared to write nowadays. I mean, time is one factor, but even when I do manage to sit down in front of the computer and boot up Word... well... nothing has been coming. The ideas that flood my mind in the middle of day suddenly shy away when threatened to be brought to life. They're afraid of showing off their selves to the real world... it's weird.

So I'd like to thank my three buddies for helping me out.

Brian: No problem!

Ritz: We understand.

Spyke: Hey man, it's what we're here for.

Without them, I'd have given up on writing anything at all.

Maaan... I'm going to bed.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:06 pm
Um, I lvoe you HAwk?

But it's a little difficult to be a fangirl, now that you're a girl and all. Or, whatever you are.

Good luck with writing! My K&E help me out a lot, though I know better to ask them for help. Why? Because Everan will make fun of me and Kamile will be about as much help as Brian. Less help even. There's only so much you can do when you're so mentally incapable that you can't walk straight.

heart  

KirbyVictorious

Voxxx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:27 am
MUFFINS!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:51 pm
Dx I know how you feel, Nick.

I hope that Brain, Spyke, Ritz and everyone else will be able to help you out and inspire you for writing ideas.

Funny as always. btw xD

UsakoTenshi

NovaKing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:59 pm
I dont think writing is a very mysterious process. It's certainly enjoyable, and usually quite impresive, but otherwise it just boils down to an action. There's nothing complex about it, nor is there anything conflicting in it's process. You either write, or you don't write.

That's it. You can argue about it all you want, but in the end, before your hands reach the key board, before your pen hits the paper, your just making a choice. Is that really so hard?

[A story isn't worth your while unless you make it so.]  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:08 pm
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, Nova, but to some people, writing means more than just putting letters down on a piece of paper or computer screen. It's about finding the write combination to express exactly what you need to get across. For some people, when they can't get that out, they overflow. Sometimes when I can't write, everything starts getting out of control and depressing in such extremes that I lash out at people. Wanting to write and being able to are two totally different things.  

Reese_Roper

NovaKing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:11 pm
Reese_Roper
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, Nova, but to some people, writing means more than just putting letters down on a piece of paper or computer screen. It's about finding the write combination to express exactly what you need to get across. For some people, when they can't get that out, they overflow. Sometimes when I can't write, everything starts getting out of control and depressing in such extremes that I lash out at people. Wanting to write and being able to are two totally different things.

I never said that it wasnt made up of different elements, I said that when it all boiled down to it, it's just a choice; just like everything else we do in this world.

Edit: that sounded better.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:19 pm
Reese_Roper
Wanting to write and being able to are two totally different things.

And indeed they are. Often I find myself away from home without a writing utencil or anything that can subsitute for paper. I do lament those times so.

Edit: heh bit of a brain burp on the statment proceding the one above, just ignore it if you saw it.  

NovaKing

RitzGS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:37 pm
Note: This is BlackHawkGS. My main account was banned for 3 days.

NovaKing
I dont think writing is a very mysterious process.

Nova, you know how to make me laugh.

I just may consider turning that quote into a T-Shirt. I'll parade it around wherever I go and say that the process of being inspired to write is simple and easy. That seeing an apple fall off the shelf of a grocery store and suddenly having the inspiration to write about the death of a man in a taxi cab is normal? That having sudden and bright new ideas about your story in the middle of the night isn't mysterious?

Writing, and similar art forms, has to be one of the most mysterious things in existence. I don't even know where some of my ideas come from sometimes. Hell, I still don't know why I call one of my favorite characters Polka; I named her that before I gave her the polka-dotted dress! I gave her the outfit so it could make more sense to other people.

It's not always the idea in general, but, as I believe Reese sort of started on, the little details and how to put them together. Putting those scenes and events into a timeline that is unique and stands out from other stories requires you to take risks and get inspiration from something different. Inspiration from something mysterious.

So, to sum my rant up, I disagree with you.

Holy s**t I'm tired.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:18 pm
ummm.....

kirby can't talk because Kirby is continually possessed by inspiring spirits. 3nodding But the problem is finding the exact words to write it down in. Normally what I do is imagine I'm reading the first paragraph of a mini-section (after a time lapse) and then write that down, and then there we go, I'm writing! But the problem is that I'm interrupted all the time by school...sleep...food...ugh. Who needs any of that anyway?

*inhales truffle*

O.O

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHGRAPHITEALLOVERMYFINGERSANDNOWITSINMYMOUTHAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:24 pm
RitzGS
Note: This is BlackHawkGS. My main account was banned for 3 days.

NovaKing
I dont think writing is a very mysterious process.

Nova, you know how to make me laugh.

I just may consider turning that quote into a T-Shirt. I'll parade it around wherever I go and say that the process of being inspired to write is simple and easy. That seeing an apple fall off the shelf of a grocery store and suddenly having the inspiration to write about the death of a man in a taxi cab is normal? That having sudden and bright new ideas about your story in the middle of the night isn't mysterious?

Writing, and similar art forms, has to be one of the most mysterious things in existence. I don't even know where some of my ideas come from sometimes. Hell, I still don't know why I call one of my favorite characters Polka; I named her that before I gave her the polka-dotted dress! I gave her the outfit so it could make more sense to other people.

It's not always the idea in general, but, as I believe Reese sort of started on, the little details and how to put them together. Putting those scenes and events into a timeline that is unique and stands out from other stories requires you to take risks and get inspiration from something different. Inspiration from something mysterious.

So, to sum my rant up, I disagree with you.

Holy s**t I'm tired.

Sorry but what your disagreeing with isn't quite what I meant to get across. Perhaps it may have been better if I used the handy little noun "process" along with the definite article "the" in front of "writing."

heh, I suppose that was my fault. I was a bit drowsy when I wrote it.

~~~

Ideas ARE mysterious, Im not disagreeing with that.

~~~

Attributes like originality are important, but im afraid Im not talking about the story's quality; like inspiration, the quality with which you write comes with time. Thats not important at this point though. What I meant to do, and promptly failed to do so, was to emphisize the beginning of writing; past the details that come after, past your resolve to continue writing, and past your resolve to improve, I just wanted to state that: when we want to write, we can.

Oh and I would worry a little less about how my stories were recieved and a little more about the very act of writing them down, If I were suffering from writers block.

Just my take on it though.

This whole thing was made in response to that bit saying the ideas weren't flowing...so Im sorry if I was more infuriating than helpful. **

** seems to be happening a lot lately... Sorry again.

Edit: man I had to run through that like ten times to get it just right. I'm tired too --_--.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:04 pm
Don't give up writing!

I might cry.

This was hilarious. Throw an icecube at it and it explodes...Haha.

Spastic waffles
Captain

NovaKing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:37 pm
Spastic waffles
Don't give up writing!

I might cry.

I can't see why he would, he certianly seems pasionate enough when it comes to it's process.

Hia, by the way. Long time no see.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:54 pm
NovaKing
Spastic waffles
Don't give up writing!

I might cry.

I can't see why he would, he certianly seems pasionate enough when it comes to it's process.

Hia, by the way. Long time no see.
Good. I can't be losing my active writers, now.

Hey. I know, it feels like it's been forever since I've been in here...school should be illegal.

Spastic waffles
Captain

RitzGS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:29 pm
Ohhh... ok, Nova. I deem you cool again xd And I completely understand what you're talking about.

I sorta had a really bad night when I read your reply, so took off on the ferociousness sweatdrop Cross-country is my life, and having a horrible meet combined with the coach yelling at everyone just got me pretty pissed off. So sorry 'bout that.

@ Waffles: Psh, the monsters in my imagination are often inspired by those in video games; the way to beat them is either extremely obvious or really random. xd  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff