Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Insanity

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yalie5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:40 pm
Okay this is a long short story that I need help to edit because we... I have word pad and word pad doesn't have spell check and there are some words that I can no longer spell. so um... thanks in advance for the help^^

Insanity

"I'm going to Paris Reine," Jeanne said shoving clothes into her duffel bag.

"What? Why?" Reine asked bewildered.

"I can't take it anymore," Jeanne said throwing her shoes into the bag.

"I don't understand," Reine said watching helplessly as Jeanne started to dig in the closet for anything she might have missed.

"This relationship Reine. I can't take it anymore. I feel as if you're holding me back and suffocating me,"Jeanne clarified. as she got out of the closet and threw the last of her belongings into her bag and zipping it shut.

"So you're leaving me?" Reine accused incredulously.

"I don't know. I just think that it's best that we take some time apart," Jeanne said exasperatedly and picking up her bag.

"So after two years you're leaving me just like that," Reine said pacing back and forth with her hands on her hips.

"Two and a half," Jeanne corrected heading for the door.

"Whatever! Those two years obviously meant nothing to you so why bother to count them?" she yelled.

"I'm leaving," Jeanne said calmly waking out the door.

"Fine! Leave! Like I need you anyway!!" Reine nearly screamed as Jeanne closed the door behind her.

After a few minutes of just standing their fuming at her lover, her ex-lover, Reine sank into the couch and picked up the invitation on the coffee table. It was an invitation for her and Jeanne for Reine's family reunion in two weeks. At the thought of the plans that she and Jeanne had made, she cursed under her breath and threw the invitation back on the coffee table and leaned her head back. She closed her eyes and thought about what she was going to do. Her job in Nottingham had already decayed, and her parents at the estate were currently hosting for her despicable younger brother, Claude. The only thing left for her to do was to go and take the writing job for a budding fashion magazine in London.

"Hey, Charlie, look at the newbie," Jack whispered motion to the woman who had just stepped into the office and shaking hands with the head editor. "Her name's Reine, hot isn't she?"

"How would you know what her name is? She just got here." Charlie asked naively.

"I have my ways," Jack said mischeivously and walking away and walking towards Reine and the editor, put his arm nonchalantly over the head editor's shoulder.

"Hey Charlie! Get over here," Jack called.

"What is it?" Charlie asked walking up to them.

"This is Reine. She'll be writing for entertainment. Reine, this is Charlie. He's editor for the entertainment section," Carole, the head editor said smiling broadly.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you," Reine said with a smile brilliant enough to knock out a heavy weight boxer.

"Um... yeah. It's nice to meet you too," Charlie replied nervousness creeping into his voice.

"Well we'll let the two of you get aquainted, and Charlie show her the ropes. I'll be expecting a smash for out first issue," Carole said turning around with Jack right behind her.

Reine waited untill both Jack and Carole were out of ear shot before speaking again, "Oh yeah, they're definitely screwing around."

"What? Oh yeah... well... " Charlie said slightly embarrassed for his friend and his boss.

"Anyways um... I've written before and I'm ready to get started. So where's the rest of the entertainment staff?" Reine asked brightly.

"Um... you're looking at him," Charlie said looking a bit sheepish.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:50 pm
I like it so far. 3nodding
Maybe insert a line after every new person speaking, to help make the story more user friendly for our eyes. Less cuttered 3nodding

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

yalie5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:01 pm
thanks^^ and i did that just now. but i also need help to see if any of the words are mispelled. for some reason they all look wrong to me... sort of.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:15 pm
I'll try my spell check.
Corrections will be in red.

Quote:
Insanity

"I don't understand," Reine said watching helplessly as Jeanne started to dig in the closet for anything she might have missed.

"This relationship Reine. I can't take it anymore. I feel as if you're holding me back and suffocating me, "Jeanne clarified. as she got out of the closet and threw the last of her belongings into her bag and zipping it shut.

"I don't know. I just think that it's best that we take some time apart," Jeanne said exasperatedly and picking up her bag.

"So after two years you're leaving me just like that," Reine said pacing back and forth with her hands on her hips.

"Whatever! Those two years obviously meant nothing to you so why bother to count them?" she yelled.

"Fine! Leave! Like I need you anyway!!" Reine nearly screamed as Jeanne closed the door behind her.

After a few minutes of just standing their fuming at her lover, her ex-lover, Reine sank into the couch and picked up the invitation on the coffee table. It was an invitation for her and Jeanne for Reine's family reunion in two weeks. At the thought of the plans that she and Jeanne had made, she cursed under her breath and threw the invitation back on the coffee table and leaned her head back. She closed her eyes and thought about what she was going to do. Her job in Nottingham had already decayed, and her parents at the estate were currently hosting for her despicable younger brother, Claude. The only thing left for her to do was to go and take the writing job for a budding fashion magazine in London.

"Hey, Charlie, look at the newbie," Jack whispered motion to the woman who had just stepped into the office and shaking hands with the head editor. "Her name's Reine, hot isn't she?"

"How would you know what her name is? She just got here." Charlie asked naively.

"I have my ways," Jack said mischievously and walking away and walking towards Reine and the editor, put his arm nonchalantly over the head editor's shoulder.

"This is Reine. She'll be writing for entertainment. Reine, this is Charlie. The editor for the entertainment section," Carole, the head editor said smiling broadly.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you," Reine said with a smile brilliant enough to knock out a heavy weight boxer.

"Um... yeah. It's nice to meet you too," Charlie replied nervousness creeping into his voice.

"Well we'll let the two of you get acquainted, and Charlie show her the ropes. I'll be expecting a smash for out first issue," Carole said turning around with Jack right behind her.

Reine waited until both Jack and Carole were out of ear shot before speaking again, "Oh yeah, they're definitely screwing around."

"What? Oh yeah... well... " Charlie said slightly embarrassed for his friend and his boss.

"Anyways um... I've written before and I'm ready to get started. So where's the rest of the entertainment staff?" Reine asked brightly.

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

yalie5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:26 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
I'll try my spell check.
Corrections will be in red.

Quote:
Insanity

"This relationship Reine. I can't take it anymore. I feel as if you're holding me back and suffocating me, "Jeanne clarified. as she got out of the closet and threw the last of her belongings into her bag and zipping it shut.

"I have my ways," Jack said mischievously and walking away and walking towards Reine and the editor, put his arm nonchalantly over the head editor's shoulder.

"This is Reine. She'll be writing for entertainment. Reine, this is Charlie. The editor for the entertainment section," Carole, the head editor said smiling broadly.

"Well we'll let the two of you get acquainted, and Charlie show her the ropes. I'll be expecting a smash for out first issue," Carole said turning around with Jack right behind her.

Reine waited until both Jack and Carole were out of ear shot before speaking again, "Oh yeah, they're definitely screwing around."

thank your dasg!! you rock^^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:31 am
Okay anything that i've read partly i neeeeeeeeeeed to parody it!
Jimmy exatratedly made a openly expierence where he made a nicly mistakitly mischieveiousely diviouse idea of leavingly his applely whilst a overexatratedly overduerly hadly a very whitly white handkercheifly to her lovly lover because tenacaicously he rode a blackly colouredly wave of greenish destructivly he rode his bike down onto a street, stupidly he continuasly hit the street and assholingly made a hastily dance called lemonly  

Flammable Bait

yalie5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:49 am
CrimsnHawk
Okay anything that i've read partly i neeeeeeeeeeed to parody it!
Jimmy exatratedly made a openly expierence where he made a nicly mistakitly mischieveiousely diviouse idea of leavingly his applely whilst a overexatratedly overduerly hadly a very whitly white handkercheifly to her lovly lover because tenacaicously he rode a blackly colouredly wave of greenish destructivly he rode his bike down onto a street, stupidly he continuasly hit the street and assholingly made a hastily dance called lemonly

oookay... what was ^ about? confused  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:45 am
You don't have Microsoft Word or any other word processing application apart from wordpad at home Yalie?  

Minielf

Flammable Bait

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:17 am
god i can write stories too watch this.

His arms tensed, blood ran down his face and a last glimpse of dispare could be examined in his eyes. It was too the death and to the death it shall be, he stood up slowly and grasped his blade.

thats the end im too tierd to make a begginning and a middle so there. its 1am so ******** it. crying crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:09 pm
Reine and Jeanne....By any chance did you take those names from the adeline yen mah books/autobiographies?  

Syeori

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:05 pm
I liked it, yalie - especially the last part - I think it's a good piece to lead into a story.. I thought the first section was a little short, though - maybe more explanation? Or is it a mystery saved for later? ninja

We should have, you know, a writing/art/other creative things thread or something where people can post their work and everyone can comment etc..  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:24 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
We should have, you know, a writing/art/other creative things thread or something where people can post their work and everyone can comment etc..

3nodding That should be nice. 3nodding
Feel free to start it. wink

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

yalie5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:48 pm
Vanilla_Soda
Reine and Jeanne....By any chance did you take those names from the adeline yen mah books/autobiographies?

yeah. I ran out of ideas for names sweatdrop
@niph: yeah niph. go for it. i'll post in it... as soon as i figure out how lol.
@minielf: no. just wordpad TT. meh oh well. I'll get my laptop soon enough. then I can use word proccessor. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:34 pm
Lol wordpad sucks. I have to admit I don't have the latest version of Word, and probably there are better word programs than Word but oh well.

Anyone wants to read my two( unfinished) stories?  

Minielf

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff