Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
How.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:42 pm
How the boy lost his dignity, his sense of self, and his innocence in one fell swoop. His name used to be Jacob, but now he feels more like a Judas than anything else.

He loved his girlfriend, they'd been dating for three years; her name was Alison and she wouldn't have sex with him. It was never really a big thing, they fooled around plenty, but she just wasn't ready for that big step.

But Jacob (now Judas) was unaware of just how powerful hormones can be; so when an attractive girl approached him at a party/get-together and whispered in his ear that she would like nothing more than to take him to her car and...

Jacob wanted nothing to do with it.

Her name was Betty, and Jacob would be her number forty-eight if she had her way. They drank, laughed, played cards and told stories of each other's lives; there were only five of them, so it was rather quiet.

Drunk and giggly, someone decided it would be a good idea to get in the pool. Jacob sobered as soon as he hit the water, the realization that they'd decided to skinny dip kicked in, and suddenly he was aware of how close Betty's crotch was to his own.
Of how good her hair smelled, of her body heat.
Her lust.

Jacob swam away and got out of the pool, right into a cold shower.
Cold, then hot, followed by Betty's sweet lips. When did she get in the shower with him? Jacob didn't know.

Wait, her sweet lips, oh God they were kissing and she was naked and he was ready and then she was alone and Jacob was back in the cold pool.
Maybe he wasn't as sober as he thought, he felt like a small fish being chased by a much larger, sex crazed fish.

Betty was back, not angry, more determined.
Jacob kept drinking to take his mind off of it all.
She was on him, groping, damnit why didn't he put on some swim trunks when he was out?

She wouldn't leave him alone. He joked and told her that he wasn't that type of girl. Maybe alchohol was affecting her perception of personal space, 'cuz she wouldn't stop invading his.

Number forty-eight, thats what she wanted to brand him as.
The booze was getting to him.

And then he was on top of her.
They were having intercourse.

Jacob left in a quick hurry after that, pausing to pull his clothes back on.
And then he was Judas, betraying what he loved.
He had no idea where he was, but he got a ride with a friend, stayed at his house.

'Woke up the next morning with a headache and a case of guilt.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:15 pm
The freaking hell?

Okay, I get the moral. The guilty can feel as bad as the ones they hurt.

But still...wtf?  

KirbyVictorious

Voxxx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:21 pm
Betty seems like one persistent b***h.

Writing was fantastic, as always. You used the Judas-thing well.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:21 pm
What do you mean, what the hell?
I rather, ya know, liked it?  

Xahmen
Vice Captain

Voxxx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:23 pm
Kirby's anti-sex.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:23 pm
Wah? It's a normal thing, hormones and not?  

Xahmen
Vice Captain

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:16 pm
Yay sex!

Is there any way I can purchase your style of writing? I feel as if it's this odd little piece of china sitting in a shop that catches your attention every time you enter, yet there is no way in hell you'll have enough money to buy it. It has a style seen in many other pieces of china, but the glint it gives off when light shines upon it engages you and makes you want to look at it from many more angles.

... so yeah, I liked the piece. Keep it up, man.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:30 pm
I'm a Virgo. gonk

Not that it's unlikeable. But ew.  

KirbyVictorious

UsakoTenshi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:37 pm
Nicely done, once again, Zahmen. 3nodding

And the fact that you didn't say "They had sex" makes me happy for some reason. Since, you made it seem more important by saying "And then he was on top of her.
They were having intercourse. "

By doing that, it seemed more with the flow of things.
Do you understand me? Dx I'm probably not making sense, but that's how I can describe it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:59 pm
Geez, Zahmen. I'm already having trust issues and then I read this.

gonk

Anyway, I liked it, even if it will deepen my trust issues. I'm not sure that's actually possible, to tell you the truth, so I guess no harm done.

But still, good peice of writing.

Sorry I don't have anything actually helpful to say...I'm half asleep.

Spastic waffles
Captain

Song of the Pheonix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:29 pm
Damn someone screwed up stare

Good though, nicely done. mrgreen

Ummm... kirby's anti-sex? should've guessed w/ her reaction to my poem mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:09 pm
YES.

It's called VIRGO. It's an astronomical sign. Now what do you think a Virgo is? Like a Scorpio is a scorpion.

gonk  

KirbyVictorious

Voxxx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:04 pm
It doesn't make that much of a difference. I'm an Aquarius, but I don't necessarily want to be a waitress.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:21 pm
KirbyVictorious
YES.

It's called VIRGO. It's an astronomical sign. Now what do you think a Virgo is? Like a Scorpio is a scorpion.

gonk

I hope your translation doesn't hold true kirbs cause I'm a cancer crying  

NovaKing

NovaKing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:43 pm
You know theres actually a gospel that claims that jesus ASKED judas to betray him. Jesus needed to transend his mortal coil... or something like that.

They found a tatered version a while back. There were hints about it but no real evidence for its existance till then; just a few mentions by church officials and the like in archived leters.

Wonderful as always Zahman. keep up the good work.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games