Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
I honestly could not tell you what this is.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:28 pm
Nor can I tell you where it came from. Oh well. At least I finally wrote something.

"This life is a test. It is only a test. Had this been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do..."

If life really is a test, I'm pretty sure I'm failing.

I mean, what do you expect from me? Tests are supposed to come with instructions. I must've started my test too fast and forgotten to read the instructions.

I'm still looking for that instruction manual. Millions of people have lived before me, why haven't they thought to write down exactly what to do and when to do it?

I'm not talking self-help books. I want a detailed study of hundreds of lives that examines all of their mistakes, flaws and sucesses, then tells me exactly what to do to become all of their good parts put together.

Until then...bring on question 70.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:29 pm
Question 70: Write your own damn instructions.

Silly Waffles. Life is an adventure! Adventures have no rules!

Now, if you want to be a sucky useless townsperson, like the whiny dude in the red shirt in ocarina of time, then go for it. But IIiiiii wanna be Zelda, or Link, or even the postman!!!! xd

Question 71: Eff the rules and go do something random and pointless! Woo!

*hyper; turns out Ruby Mist apple juice is spiked. *shrug**  

KirbyVictorious

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:32 pm
Kirbs: I wasn't really writing this in my own voice...it was kinda just supposed to be an anonymous response to the quote. I used "I" because that was the only thing that works.

I found that quote hilarious, so I just wanted to do something with it. The views expressed do not neccesarily reflect my own.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Butbutbut, rants are fuuuuuuuuuuuunn!!! crying  

KirbyVictorious

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:44 pm
If you like rants, you will LOVE my other post.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:45 pm
Nyu?  

KirbyVictorious

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:46 pm
"This probably belongs in GC. I want it here."

Thread title.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:46 pm
Spastic waffles
Nor can I tell you where it came from. Oh well. At least I finally wrote something.

"This life is a test. It is only a test. Had this been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do..."

If life really is a test, I'm pretty sure I'm failing.

I mean, what do you expect from me? Tests are supposed to come with instructions. I must've started my test too fast and forgotten to read the instructions.

I'm still looking for that instruction manual. Millions of people have lived before me, why haven't they thought to write down exactly what to do and when to do it?

I'm not talking self-help books. I want a detailed study of hundreds of lives that examines all of their mistakes, flaws and sucesses, then tells me exactly what to do to become all of their good parts put together.

Until then...bring on question 70.

Heh kirbs really already answered it, and you've already established that you're well aware of the answer but I wan't to elaborate:

Story time:

~~~

There was once a race called human, and they inhabited a tiny little planet filled mostly with water.

When these humans were born they recieved a sheet of paper. This sheet of paper was not found, but given to them (though nobody was certain who.) What was written down on this sheet of paper determined their course of action in life and their reasoning from day to day.

Anyways, As the centuries of human's dominion wore on, they began to question the sheet of paper. They demanded to know what it really was, who gave it to them, and if there was something specific that they were supposed to write.

Many brave men and women devoted their lives to answering these questions but in the end they could only come up with suggestions of what the answers might really be.

It was divined that something else was needed to answer the question. What they needed, or so they thought, was an answer. Not just any answer though. This was to be The Answer. It was to be the answer to everything that composed the universe and the world around them. With that, they exclaimed, they would be able to answer all of life's mysteries, including what the paper was, why it was given to them, and who was the one distributing it.

Sadly that could not be found either. They looked high and low and even tried to subsitute the answer with shiny things and eventually make shift paper made from larg sticks growing out of the ground (Though no one's quite sure why.) but there was never any satisfactory answer for any of their questions.

The humans continue their search to this day.

~~~

Funny thing is: they already know the answer to one of their questions...its just that some arn't willing to accept it. You see: Paper is meant to be written on.

I can't say who distributes it, but I can make one suggestion. It's not nearly as complex as some of the suggestions these creatures have postulated over the years, but I still feel that its worth mentioning.

My suggestion is that you enjoy whatever you write down. Those things are often the most precious.  

NovaKing

blu_sour_skittle

Blessed Bloodsucker

7,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:56 pm
~:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.:~
Questing 2

~[I remember when we'd
Stay up late and we'd talk all night
in a dark room lit by the TV light.
Through all the hard times in my life
those nights kept me alive

<3

I absolutely love the quote. It made me laugh.
Reading these posts made me want to add my own thoughts so. . . Here they are. . . sweatdrop

Life is an empty sheet of paper, upon which you put the test that you create. You make the problems, substitute in the numbers, and solve for the answers.
Sadly, for this test there are no calculators, nor erasers, and the only writing utensils you get are pens. So be careful what you write, for it will never be gone, but also know that you can always go back and cross it out and try once more.

There will often be those questions that you can't figure out or they just frustrate you too much to work on at that particular moment. So skip them and move on; go back to them and try again later, when you're ready.

At times you partner up and work on the test with another person. You may even decide to stay with them, and you may not. Careful though, they can do harm; stealing and/or breaking your pens, ripping your papers, stealing your answers, and purposely answering the questions wrong. On the other hand, they may help you greatly; solving problems you couldn't, helping you go over what you've already done and fixing your mistakes, bringing you extra pens, perhaps even the rare erasable-pen.

And be careful with those pens. It may seem like there's an infinite number of them, but there aren't. Once they're gone, they're gone. Use them wisely, write you story and love it. It doesn't matter if others don't like it; it's your story, your test, your life, so make it how you like.

And if you run out of pens, just know that you tried you best and someone, some day, might find it and recognize the beauty of it and finish it for you, or perhaps showcase it for all to see. If not, you can always pass this test on to others, allow them to know the wonders of your mind, and add their own brilliance to yours.

As time goes on, the test is changed, revamped, rewritten, and so much more. From it's beginning to now, it has lost what it started as. The questions have changed, so the answers have changed, but the meanings are still there, underlying everything. If the first test hadn't been there, this one wouldn't be here today.

So, bring your pens and your imagination and rock this test right out of here. Share with your family and friends, get the most you can from it and pass it on for other to enjoy. You have but a limited time with this test, so max it out and make it worth it.

Listen to the radio play all night;
didn't wanna go home to another fight.
Through all the hard times in my life
those nights kept me alive.]~

155/240k
~:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.:~

Chorus from Those Nights by Skillet  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers