Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Lets think about this, shall we?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaka-FireFly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:32 pm
Here are some questions I've been thinking about for awhile. Feedback is welcome!

Warning, this is rather long.

1: How did Skyfairy (I refuse to use the word god) come into existence? Did he/she/it/they just force him/her/it/themselves into existence? How?

2: Who decided that Skyfairy got to be Skyfairy? Was there some sort of vote? Why couldn't one of us become Skyfairy instead?

3: What the ******** was Skyfairy doing before he/she/it/they made the Cosmos? Playing chess with Zues?Did he/she/it/they just suddenly decide to make a Cosmos from boredem?

4: Where is the Cosmos located? Is it on a piece of paper with a certain amount of space (no pun intended) limited too the size it can grow?

Where did Skyfairy place the Cosmos?

Was it white before there was one, or black? Or maybe bright pink?

Moving onto the holy babbel

1: If Skyfairy can see the future before it happens (clearly if thats true, there is no such thing as Free Will than) why did he place the Tree of Good and Evil in the Garden of Eden, when he knew that Eve was going to eat from it in the first place?

Why bother making the snake if he knew Satan was going too tell Eve to eat from the tree?

Why would he set up Adam and Eve in that situation, knowing full well the odds were already set against them?

Why bother making mankind in the first place if he knew full well that they were going too "sin" thus allowing pain and suffering to exist?

2: Prayers. Why does Skyfairy "answer" prayers when he already has a "divine plan" set up?

Would answering prays not mess up the Divine plan? Or were answering those prayers in the divine plan already? (If he can see the future)

3: Why does Skyfairy send good people to hell for not believing, when if he can see the future, he knew full well they would become unbelievers in the first place?

Why would Skyfairy punish those he already planned to become unbelievers? (I'm pretending Skyfairy exists solely for this thread fyi)

Would it not be wiser too judge them on the amount of good to the anound of bad instead?

4: Why would Skyfairy allow the bible too be misread and used for the forces of evil, if its his word of absolute truth?

Why would Skyfairy even allow other religions to exist in the first place?

Would it not be smarter to make it so everyone automatically believes in him, instead of using an imperfect way (bible)?

5: Why would Skyfairy set up his children to be sent too hell if they don't believe, if he can see the future?

6: Why is Skyfairy such an Emo? It seems like he NEEDS us to worship him because he didn't get enough hugs from Zues and Thor. You'd think a perfect divine being doesn't need anyone to worship him.

7: Why would Skyfairy force those in heaven too live forever just to worship him forever? That seems rather full and boring. We're supposed to worship him while here on earth, so why bother doing it even more for eternity?

8: Why does Skyfairy send people to hell forever for a life that is about only 80 years long on earth? No 80 years on life is worth an eternity of pain and suffering, no matter what they did.

9: If our purpose in life on Earth is too form a "relationship" with Skyfairy, why bother forcing us too be born on Earth?

Would it not be better too just allow us too come into existence in Heaven? There would be no death and suffering that way, and no one would go too hell.

10: Why does Skyfairy force us into existence without our permission?

I never asked too be born. If I had known what Earth was like, I would of been like "No thanks, not interested."

And since we are forced, if we do not believe, we are punished. How cruel.

11: Why does Skyfairy need two books? OT and NT.

Why did he change his mind?

12: Why bother being born as a human when Skyfairy could of just shown himself to everyone in the world, and made them believe? It would of saved a lot of time, and no confusion. And no death needed.

13: Why are there many different sects too Christianity?

If the bible is true, shouldn't there be only one sect? Why cant they all agree on the same book they all claim too follow?

----

Alright, done. Hope you all enjoyed.

Feedback is welcome!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:37 pm
Shaka, this is Weather...

Very strong points that you have there. I am sure that these questions would make a theist shy away or lash out.

These are some very good questions that we should ask them though and try and make them think. Granted, I haven't read the entire Bibble but maybe sometime I will try to do it.

Sorry for such a short and inconcise post but I'm not feeling to well right now.

Athesta/Weather  

Athesta

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:18 am
There is no reason to not use the word god. You make points that many atheists have made before you. Some of them very good.

They say that god works in mysterious ways. How do you counter that?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:54 am
I find your refusal to say the word 'God' slightly ignorant. Even if the word God is a word used by false institutions to imply power and to instill fear. I personal findit very ignorant that you refuse to use a word. Sort of like flaming the use of a left facing swastika, just because the Nazi's used the evil version (right facing).  

Levis Pennae

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Shaka-FireFly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:20 pm
Levis Pennae
I find your refusal to say the word 'God' slightly ignorant. Even if the word God is a word used by false institutions to imply power and to instill fear. I personal findit very ignorant that you refuse to use a word. Sort of like flaming the use of a left facing swastika, just because the Nazi's used the evil version (right facing).

Thats all it is, a word.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:46 pm
Sanguvixen
There is no reason to not use the word god. You make points that many atheists have made before you. Some of them very good.

They say that god works in mysterious ways. How do you counter that?

I always just say, "I'm the one he allegedly created with nipples that do nothing, and an appendix that does nothing. God owes me an explanation."  

ProjectOmicron88

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:43 pm
Oh, I'll make your nipples do something. twisted

Anyways, the frequently used argument Sangu proposed ("They say that god works in mysterious ways. How do you counter that?") is, from my point of view, very easy to refute. If God is unknowable, if we can't understand his actions or thinking, then why do we get an exception when it comes to understanding that?

If you don't know God, how can you know God well enough to say you don't know God? It's a tremendous logical fallacy to say such a thing. To reference a song I like, "And if you swear that there's no truth and who cares, how come you say it like you're right?"

To have conviction that something can have no convictions had about it is just silly and a copout.  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games