Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Is this wrong? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iButtRape

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:24 pm

Ok, so I was sitting on my bus on my way to the airport for my aircraft mechanics class, when an older student comes and sits next to me. I ignore it and continue talking with my friend in the seat in front of me. I was talking about how I had just finished the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows book. The guy immediately, in one swift motion pulled out a bible and skimmed through pages and told me that Magic and witchcraft are the devil, and that I am going to Hell for reading a damn book. I giggled in my head when he talked about how "God's Power" was not "Magic", when I asked him about it. Next thing I know, a group of people formed while he kept on, and on about how evil I was, and that I was wrong and was going to hell. I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to be in large groups or be around lots of people, and when they all got around me, I paniced and started to not be able to breathe. They all were telling me how I should go to church and beg for forgiveness, then ranted on how stupid I was. I said go away and they didn't then I threw up both my middle fingers said "God can suck my balls, both of them" and they all gasped and left me alone, and a guy near me looked like he was about to cry. I felt kinda bad, because I don;t like to push my beliefs on others, but this time I just couldn't. Is this wrong? :c

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:28 pm
I believe you handled yourself very well.

If it were me, I'd pull out my own bible and start listing all the ******** ups in it. (I got the King James version domokun )  

Shaka-FireFly

iButtRape

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:51 pm
Shaka-FireFly

If it were me, I'd pull out my own bible and start listing all the ******** ups in it. (I got the King James version domokun )

If I had the book, I'd just pull out "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins. I plan on getting it this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:40 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ohhhh DUDE! hahaha... *regains composure*

Well, you could've kept your cool and all that... try to look outside the window while you simply flipped them off. But i ******** salute you for saying that!

YOU don't have to freaking feel bad for "pushing" your beliefs on to NO ONE, especially if they were retarded enough to START the bullshit battle.

I may be a maniac a*****e who doesn't give a s**t, BUT as i always say:

"if THEY can't respect YOU, why the ******** should you respect THEM?"  

AnonymouZ

Levis Pennae

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:01 pm
I think that was completely alright, especially since he started it. If it were me I would have said from the get go "If I wanted God's opinion I would have asked the f---ing pope". Well that's what I'd have liked to say I'd more than likely said is "Where did you pull out that bible? Your @$$?"  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:29 pm
iButtRape
Shaka-FireFly

If I had the book, I'd just pull out "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins. I plan on getting it this weekend.

I've got TGD as well, but chances are, they wouldn't believe a word in his book compared to their own.

It's best too use their own "holy book" against them I believe. biggrin  

Shaka-FireFly

CaprinaePsi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:11 pm
Considering the circumstances, they deserved no less. You asked them to go away, and you clearly were uncomfortable with the lack of space, so what you did was an appropriate response. The guy was being a d**k, and he was pushing his beliefs on you, so really, you shouldn't feel bad. Hell, I would have done worse (or better, depending on your views). I would have told him to ******** off, and I would have teared his argument so far apart that he'd need to take an airplane just to get it together again.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:39 pm
I don't think that's wrong, considering that you were having a conversation with your friend and not him and he was the one that butted in. Also, they should have gone away when you asked them.

Knowing me, I probably would have blown it and ripped that guy a new a*****e.  

Arios V

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:52 pm
Okay, dude. You tried. You honestly did. But they didn't take the hint, and their God talk quickly turned into harassment. So, ******** it. You did good. It's not like, as soon as the guy sat down, you said that. You tried to be polite. They got what they deserved. twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:02 am
See, I never had to deal with that in high school. The people who were that religious in my school were a very small minority and rarely spoke at length with anyone but their own church friends who went to the same school.

Xiporah

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:14 pm
The "suck my balls part" was going too far. You shouldn't have insulted thier god to get the point across. There are better words that can be used.

He started preaching to you. Now if I were you in the situation I would have told him to mind his own business, and that he is being rude. It's not his conversation to get involved in.

In the future, if something like that happens again just let the first words out of your mouth express that you think that they are being rude and that they should leave you alone.

I've used the middle finger method when a zealot refuses to adhere to my request of "Leave me along", but never while combining it with an insult. The most I've done is shot up both fingers to thier face and told them to either "******** off" or "Bugger off" depending upon my mood.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:20 pm
No, you're okay. That was out of line for them to do that. I wouldn't have stood for that sort of thing. It was rude, but they cornered you. I also do poorly in crowds, I understand that feeling.  

Koravin

_C r y s t a l_RB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:44 pm
iButtRape
Shaka-FireFly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:52 am
Avoir Le Retour...
Well, I think you DID panic a bit, but rather than saying "God can suck my balls", you should have let them know you were Atheist. Because, saying that actually kind of makes you sound like some sort of crazy satanist lol...
...Les Adieux

Aaron Lee Morrison

Ruminating Skeptic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:42 pm
If i was a guy, i would have said the same thing. i would have also felt incredibly uncomfortable with so many people around me, so don't feel bad.

btw, i loved the comment about TGD; personally, i always carry a book about atheism/against religion/about science so i can whip it out.

peace out,
momo.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas