Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Well.. we broke up.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Chu Monster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:57 pm
His reasons?

Well he felt bad that for about a week he had been stressed and felt like he had been ignoring me, which he hadn't been. He feels like he doesn't love me the way he should 100% of the time, but that it's always there and he just doesn't show it all the time, which I'm perfectly fine with because I don't want someone pouring their heart out at me all the time. He says he can't focus in class cause he's always thinking about me. So we break up?

Anyways
He promised me that we're going to stay friends. He says I can't have a second chance because he doesn't believe people chance, even though I swore to him that things would be different and I take promises seriously and to the heart. He says that in the future he doesn't know how he will feel but there is a chance that we will get back together.

I seriously love him. We've been dating for a year and almost two months. He said that he still loves me but he's forcing himself to stop loving me because he doesn't feel like our relationship will work.. right now. So more or less he's setting aside his feelings until he's ready to be in a relationship again. He says that we're going to be best friends no matter what, and we promised it to eachother.

So basically, I just need advice on how I'm going to handle waiting almost a year to date him again, and some of your stories of how you stayed friends with an ex would help. I've got a long wait, and anything helps.

So basically, how do you stay friends with an ex when you both still love eachother?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:00 pm
I'm so sorry... I know how long relationship break ups feel... Except mine was dating somebody with in a week the little who- Errr.... Anywho, just don't give up hope, but don't focus completely on him. Don't be afraid to date other people. And you'll probably think about him none stop for a while... That's absolutely normal.

Rathmanian

Kiwi Cow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:26 pm
Omg. If you need a hug I'm here  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:57 pm
Wait, the guy you made a post about loosing your virginity too like... a month ago?

Wait, let me soak this moment in. Wait for it.

-snicker-

Xyloid

MissusDolly

4,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:51 pm
User Image
Friends walk in and out of our lives....

Well since I'm friends with my two ex-boyfriends (only two) and I believe that a friendship should never end just because your love or the other's love failed, that is should continue.

So my first story takes place during Freshman year.... (this is a little similar to yours but just a different ending of course ;. wink Anyway... We had been dating for a month and over myspace and phone due to him being away over the summer and a story getting out about his love. He never asked me outright of course, so we kind of "went out", so school starts. I give him a hug and all seems well for a month. Of course I sat with him at lunch, but never cuddled, held hands, or kissed. Next thing I know is he is sneaking away while I eat my lunch with his friends (also mine) and then he started to ignore me. Well found out from a girl who was rude to me if 8th grade, but she turned for the better that he didn't love me anymore and that he loved the girl he was sneaking off to see (nothing was happening between them, but talking) well I she happened to be my friend because one day I got the nerve to go looking for him. My heart was broken and stupid thing is that I ran off to tell my friend it. Long story short my friend up dating him, I ate lunch alone for a few months, he posted something on myspace pouring out how sorry he felt, being the good person I was I went back to my friends after he broke up with my friend O.o I counted 1 year and about a 1 month and we hadn't talked because he thought it better to talk himself out of my life completely (idiot it hurt me worse) anyways so now we finally decided to talk, but since he goes to a different school and is dating again, it is better this way. I still have some feelings for him that I wish I could scrap but he broke my heart badly.

Second story is that I had meet this guy a week before and we went to movies the following Saturday after we met together alone. And then before he left he asked me out. He asked it casually though like "Would you like to go out again?" Being the idiot I was I said yeah, not thinking because my love life was in ruins at the moment. Well after a month I broke up with him because I didn't love him (he still loves me to this day) and well I had a lot going didn't call him for a while and we are still friends just awkward friends.

I wish I could help more, but that is about it. I'm also sorry about it, you have to respect his wishes though and just wait if you truly love him. Sometimes love takes strange courses.

....but true friends leave footprints on our hearts.
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:02 am
That's a bunch of BS, mmk? There's something fishy going on, and me thinks it's another chick.  

Sugrie

Eloquent Lunatic

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:10 am
It can be tough, but you can stay friends with your ex. I'm friends with my most recent ex, and even though we still love each other, we both know we have to move on [especially now that I have a new bf].

To stay friends, just try to talk and act more like friends. Hang out [but have other people around], help with homework, just...be friends. It'll be weird at first, but after a while it becomes really normal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:12 am
Sugrie
That's a bunch of BS, mmk? There's something fishy going on, and me thinks it's another chick.

kinda with you on this one..
Honestly.. i'd be looking into that more.

*watches Xyloid snicker* LoL
That is kinda ironic, you have to admit.  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

`Tahirah
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:18 am
Total bullshit cop-out excuses, honey.

I wouldn't give him the time of day.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:10 pm
sad  

Dnoob

zomgwhee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:12 pm
that sucks  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:15 pm
Nah he's not cheating on me.. I know him better than that. He's one of the actual good guys in this world. I found out today I was a bit too clingy while we were dating and he was afraid to talk to me about it so.. that could add to it. I'm trying to give him some space now. About 3/4ths of the time, things are okay with us.

@Xyloid: Yeah I know.. and the thing that hurts the most is our relationship ended because of my mistakes. But the thing is I love him, and I probably always will.. so I don't regret the decisions I made with him.

Besides, there's still hope for the future, but I'm trying not to depend on it too much anymore..

I'm just having a horribly stressful time. I just feel like.. pointless. Like going to school and stuff is just horrible and I feel like an outcast again, but when I was dating him I felt like I was on top of the world. Just.. I'm going through the suicidal phase of break-ups.

But I'm not going to do anything stupid. Right now.. I just feel extremely gray, and I just want this feeling to leave.

Lady Chu Monster

Lady Pelvic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:49 am
User Image

[ [He might not of cheated, but he might have another girl in mind.

And I agree with Tah, and Sugrie.
] ]

[MADG]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces