Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
OCD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Itchy_Ichigo_12321

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:25 pm
Does anyone have OCD? I've had it for several years since my grandmother passed away. Sometimes, it's really hard. I don't take meds for it cuase i hate taking em. I have all these werid things like locking things 7 times. not stepping on cracks. I have to enter a room with my left foot. So I was wondering if anyone has OCD or any help? If you don't know what OCD is, Motion City Soundtrack's song "Everything is Alright" gives a couple examples of some compulsions. Well, bye then.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:27 am

Slightly.
I'm not so bad that it rules over my life. When I'm not feeling well, things have to be layed out straight in front of me. In my house, I always start on my left foot and end on my right when going up the stairs, on other stairs, I still always have to end on my right foot. I count the reflectors at night...I get to one-hundered, and I have to start over. In passing lanes, I always have to count the dashes on the road.
Weird stuff like that. I just have quirks.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:34 pm
take your meds it'll help  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:52 pm
Yeah, I do. It's worse now I'm older though.
My worst by far is about a year ago I started crossing my fingers a certain number of times when I did some things (how subtly vague of me). Now my index fingers on both hands have started bending inwards and curving at the main joint and I get bad pains when I write and type with them.

Gambino Statue

Itchy_Ichigo_12321

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:00 pm
Soviet Mudkipz

Well, I used to, but I don't like being addicted to anything. It made me feel bad, cuz I felt weak cuz I needed to take meds just to function. I"ve considered maybe going back to them though...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:21 pm
Itchy_Ichigo_12321
Soviet Mudkipz

Well, I used to, but I don't like being addicted to anything. It made me feel bad, cuz I felt weak cuz I needed to take meds just to function. I"ve considered maybe going back to them though...
try doing a lower dose, or tell you doc that you're addicted to them and they'll give you another prescription  

The Dadalorian
Crew

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:05 pm
I don't know if I actually have OCD, but I am really obsessive about some things.
I am obsessively clean. Everything in my room has to be in height order. I have to start out walking on my right foot. I have to turn on the light before I enter a room. Like, I will reach around the wall to turn it on. Weird random s**t.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:31 pm
i have bad ocd, i obsess over random thoughts that has nothing to do with anything. like i'll see a blue chair at school or something and i'll be standing there being like "why is that chair blue?...it cant be blue..." for like 5 minutes. then i'll have to step over bad crakes in the pavement or where ever. i just obsess over the weirdest stuff, like if something isnt right like someone moved something of mine, it will be pounding in my head till i move it back. its realy weird, and i know what you mean. i hate meds and no one even knows i have it so...i cant afford it and i think medication is stupid anyway. i believe its just masking the issue not fixing it. (maybe i'm wrong but oh well)  

UnspokenSlaveofSacrilege

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:55 pm
DO NOT BRING UP DEAD THREADS.
You need to READ THE GUILD RULES
and READ ALL SUBFORUM RULES.
This topic is from 2007.
Not necessary.

Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff