Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
i found a religion Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rion kioji

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:33 pm
ok so im not one to follow an orginized religion at all
but in the past couple of months my grandma has been teaching me the ways of the wiccan. and it something i can believe in, so as of last week i am now and agnositc wiccan.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:24 am
rion kioji
but in the past couple of months my grandma has been teaching me the ways of the wiccan. and it something i can believe in, so as of last week i am now and agnositc wiccan.

.....Why?  

Shaka-FireFly

Xiporah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:16 am
I did Wicca/Paganism as a last attempt at having religion a few years ago.

I realized I wasn't buying into it when I got a survey in the mail from the Jury selection panel asking statistical questions about religion, race, gender and all that I I was pissed that I couldn't put down 'None/Atheist.'

My friend still mopes about me giving it up now and then. I just shrug and say, "Sorry."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:17 pm
Shaka-FireFly
rion kioji

.....Why?

well its some thing i can belive in, theres still no god involved or no higher purpose, just the ability to preform spells and incantations.  

rion kioji

Matataur

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:02 pm
rion kioji
Shaka-FireFly
rion kioji

.....Why?

well its some thing i can belive in, theres still no god involved or no higher purpose, just the ability to preform spells and incantations.

But to be a Wiccan, don't you need to believe in the Old Lady and Lord? I mean, all I know about Wicca is from what I've trawled through on the ED, but it sounds like you're talking about neopaganism.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:14 pm
Matataur
rion kioji
Shaka-FireFly
rion kioji

.....Why?

But to be a Wiccan, don't you need to believe in the Old Lady and Lord? I mean, all I know about Wicca is from what I've trawled through on the ED, but it sounds like you're talking about neopaganism.

no, wiccanism has no lord or lady. just the grand design, its an entity of destiny and its only there to balance light and dark, thats all wiccanism is basically, ballacing the nine elements  

rion kioji

Superior Jazz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:03 am
I'm a pocket Pastafarian.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:40 am
So you believe in magic spells and everything?

neutral  

Dark Pieman

Dark Pieman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:41 am
Superior Jazz

RAmen to that, brother.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:30 pm
Dark Pieman

neutral

ya, but its much more complicated than that  

rion kioji

Drachefreunde

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:59 pm
My mom was Wiccan when I was a kid, although she's since transitioned more to Buddhism -- the two blend fairly well, so I'm not even sure what she identifies as these days. While some parts of Wicca don't hold up very well if you actually study enough physics and biology, the basic tenets of self-empowerment coupled with respect for life are pretty awesome, especially compared to most religions' beliefs...

Stick with it if it works for you, and don't feel pressured to follow Gardner or any other one leader or sect.

Re: Wicca vs. Neopaganism: Wikipedia thinks Wicca is a subset of Neopaganism. And there are enough subsets of Wicca, that, eh... Could be anything that involves reincarnating souls and ritual circles. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:02 pm
Dark Pieman
Superior Jazz

RAmen to that, brother.

Blessed be his noodley appendage.  

Lunar Falcon

Aaron Lee Morrison

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:01 am
Shaka-FireFly
rion kioji

.....Why?
Avoir Le Retour...
Yes. Why?
...Les Adieux

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:24 pm
rion kioji
Dark Pieman

neutral

ya, but its much more complicated than that

Please, do tell.  

Dark Pieman

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items