Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Knitting!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gwyn_sully

Gracious Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:30 am
OK, so I knit, and I thought that, for a select group of my friends who are enlightened, knitted figures from that one scene in the movie would be really cool. I know the figures exist, but I want to knit them myself. The only problem is that I'm having an impossible time finding any patterns. So if anyone else knows of any I would appreciate it a lot if you could tell me where to find them! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:26 pm
That would be the ultimate in fanart!

I doubt there would be any patterns anywhere. I just doesn't seem like the thing that would be commonly knitted.  

wingnut the improbable

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Here's an idea: buy the set, study carefully their construction, and then, once you have a basic pattern roughed out, send your example to me. cool

Or not. sweatdrop You'd prolly've taken 'em apart anyway, to see how they're made.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:08 am
I highly doubt that they'd have the patterns for those exact dolls, but you could look up patterns for plain ones and change them as needed. I can only suggest searching on Google for what you need.  

Appoggiatura

Merlinssister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:55 am
That would be so cool. You could always try and get a book of knitting patterns for people shaped things which are similar and adjust them so that they're right  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:21 am
I'm getting the Zaphod one from ebay.

If anyone finds some useful (relevent) links, please post them.  

Zoutout

Daska

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:10 am
I'm getting a Zaphod one from Ebay, because the Ford and Arthur ones looked stupid and they didn't have Marvin.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games