Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Well this blows. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Noi]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:30 am
So I get home yesterday, and at the same time my cousins are leaving. Seeing how I just bought Phoenix Wright 3, I didn't pay much mind and locked myself to in my room to play. Today, I get on my computer, and I notice that it was turned on. My Sims 2 discs were open, meaning my cousins had taken the liberty to play while I was gone, which I don't mind at all.

Of course, this changes when I open my web browser only to realize that my entire web history, including over 75 Bookmarks, is/are gone. I used those bookmarks pretty much every single day, and now they're COMPLETELY gone, with no way to get em back.

So, had anything like this happen to you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:34 am
Yup.

I play this game called Phantasy Star Online. One of my previous characters was around level 56 (which isn't very high, but still took me a while to get to). My cousin came over for the weekend and wanted to play the game. I didn't mind, but I told him not to touch my character. Well, to no surprise, the next time I played, my character was replaced by a new one. He apparently erased mine because he wanted his own.

It's all good though. I made a new character that is now level 84.  

-Probie-

Norayr
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:36 am
Abow! Aus eench koolkhoo bella é!

Sorry to hear that buddy. Fortunately all the links that I've bookmarked, I know by heart.

www.tv-links.co.uk
www.watchtvsitcoms.com

And a couple others. If I can't remember them, google can.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:38 am
` Nor -

I know a few of em by heart but... come on. It's 75 bookmarks. xD;

` Probie -

Bleh. I know how THAT feels.

Ive had that same story happen. Only with console games instead of online ones.

[Noi]

-Probie-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:41 am
Actually, Phantasy Star Online is both a console and online game (or at least the one I play is). PSO can be played on Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox, and PC. You can either play single player, multi-player (or LAN in the case of a PC), or online on either system.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:46 am
I know, I know. I just meant online in general, not just PSO. x-x  

[Noi]

Dictator STD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:47 am

Hmm... This is how I am, bookmarkless... since May D;
I still don't have my original HD with me, and i'm using a spare one that was kinda dead and my uncle revived it, but I don't know most of my bookmarks by heart ;T some I know but yeah.... 50+ bookmarks are hard to remember
Bother me more the fact that I don't have all the programs and games I usually use, and I don't know how to work with linux very well ;T
I wonder if I'll ever get my HD back emo

That is the main reason why I joined Gaia btw, since I got bored and was searching for something fun to do online ^^

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:48 am
Just making sure.  

-Probie-

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:56 am
When I was little, my cousin came over and she wanted to play with my Barbie dolls. Since I'm a NICE cousin, I let her play with them...but when I came back from whatever-the-hell-I-was-doing, she had removed most of my Barbie's clothes and destroyed a lot of the 'nice dolls' hair. gonk

And for some reason, half of the bookmarks in my FireFox are GONE. D: No one uses my computer account ever, so why are they gone? ;o;

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:20 pm
Skarlis
When I was little, my cousin came over and she wanted to play with my Barbie dolls. Since I'm a NICE cousin, I let her play with them...but when I came back from whatever-the-hell-I-was-doing, she had removed most of my Barbie's clothes and destroyed a lot of the 'nice dolls' hair. gonk

And for some reason, half of the bookmarks in my FireFox are GONE. D: No one uses my computer account ever, so why are they gone? ;o;

Gremlins are nasty little critters, aren't they?  

Pailzor
Captain

Aquarian Mage

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:11 pm
Noes!
You must hunt them down and scream, "Why!?"
...I think I'd cry. A little.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:44 pm
Oh joy.

Now I can't save bookmarks either.

What the heck did my cousins do!? x_X;

[Noi]

LonePuppet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:12 pm
[Noi]
they're COMPLETELY gone, with no way to get em back.

Stupid question mayhaps, but if you are using Firefox, are the bookmark backups gone too? ~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:22 pm
Kaspus
[Noi]
they're COMPLETELY gone, with no way to get em back.

Stupid question mayhaps, but if you are using Firefox, are the bookmark backups gone too? ~

That's the first thing I checked.

It's gone too, without a trace. ._.;

[Noi]

Dictator STD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:27 pm

hmm.. I think I updated my Firefox today... maybe you need to update it... or your cousins updated it and now it's acting funny... erm... try restarting the PC?

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff