Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Dive Bar (off of the Marketplace) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:17 pm
Locale Name:Dive Bar

Classification: Business
(district, business, city service, eatery or inn, clan, other)

Controlled: Unaligned

Description:
User Image

It was certainly a bar. Not a particularly nice bar, but a bar by merit of its continued existence.

The doorjamb was missing and the few windows stuck shut with age and disuse, and as such, the dank, single-roomed bar was always either stuffy or drafty. The couches along the walls were ripped and didn't match, and the six ball from the pool table hadn't been seen in years. The old piano in the corner was slightly out of tune and the small stage bore the stains of years of local bands.

But, despite all that, the bar was cheap and well stocked, and it was the place to go to hear local talent. If your band could impress the regulars at the Dive, your band could play even the Ometta Dome.

Oh. And did we mention that the Dive was lawless? That's not to say that you weren't expected to follow the house rules (believe us, you wouldn't want to break them. Bad things always happened to those that did.), merely that the Dive was unfindable and unenterable by law enforcement, be they cops or high-ranking Jarians.

User Image

Past Events:*bunch o f people showed up for a concert
*afos, on the lamb disguised himself as a part of the band (worst disguise ever since he was part of the band)
*had some sorta brawl*

Current Events:Place was cleaned up  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:47 pm
Dling!

A soft bell chimed out from the doorway as a tall blindfolded man stepped through, pushing the wooden door before him and letting a burst of light into the somewhat dank bar. The tall man paused for a few seconds, staring somewhat dreamily into the dust particles floating in the light before stepping fully into the Dive. The dim light suited him almost as well as the bright, his blindfold growing less noticeable in the soft shadows. Of course, in the Dive, blindfolds and scars were barely noticeable anyways. This had very little to do with the light and a lot to the people who frequented the place. Byako was an overall happy and silly place. The Dive was one of the few exceptions to the rule with the Ruins of Rustir and a few other notable locations. This place was serious.

The tall man walked carefully over to the bar and nodded at the barkeep before taking a seat. The barkeep was greying slightly and growing slower with each passing year, but his memory was as good as ever. He reached carefully for a bottle of warm tea and waved it softly at the young man at the register. The two men behind the counter, barkeep and cashier, bore a pronounced resemblance, and this was due to their being father and son. The Dive had been in the same family since its founding which was long enough ago that even some of the various gods of Byako (quite a few of whom attended the Dive's Open Mic Thursdays regularly) forgot the exact date. No one knew the family name; the barkeep was always known as "Pop" (if male) or "Gran" (if female) and their offspring as "Lad" or "Lass". They all had extensive memories and kept track of all tabs and customer preferences.

Lad finished adding the warm tea to Mr. Sem's paid tab and Pop handed the bottle to the tall seated man.
"Welcome back to the Dive, Affie."
"Good to be back, Pop. Good to be back."
The tall man removed the lid from the tea and turned to watch the performers onstage.

There was a tall man asleep on the piano, about a dozen empty glasses scattered across its wooden top. The one glass with anything remaining appeared to hold a half-gone Bloody Mary, made with real blood. The two remaining persons onstage were still playing. One, a female looking to be around the age of twenty and bright green sat behind a set of drums, a half-full glass of lemon water on a small table off to her side. Visually it wasn't obvious that there was lemon in it, but for anyone who knew of witches, it was obvious that there was something in it. Witches can't drink pure water. The young woman behind the drums was tapping out a soft beat and singing into a microphone. The final person on the small stage was softly strumming on a guitar, his bright red hair shone through the gloom and his almost empty Guiness sat by his right foot. The young woman's voice rose and fell with the melody as she sang and drummed with her eyes closed.

"I know that you're hiding things
Using gentle words to shelter me
Your words were like a dream
But dreams could never fool me
Not that easily

I acted so distant then
Didn't say goodbye before you left
But I was listening
You'll fight your battles far from me
Far too easily

“Save your tears 'cause I'll come back”
I can hear that you whispered as you walked through that door
But still I swore
To hide the pain
When I turn back the pages

Shouting might have been the answer
What if I cried my eyes out and begged you not to depart?
But now I'm not afraid
To say what's in my heart

Though a thousand words
Had never been spoken
Will fly to you
Crossing over the time and distance holding you
Suspended on silver wings
And a thousand words
One thousand confessions
Will cradle you making all of the pain you feel seem far away
They'll hold you forever

The dream isn't over yet
Though I often say I can't forget
I still relive that day
You've been there with me all the way
I still hear you say
“Wait for me, I'll write you letters”
I can see how you stammered with your eyes to the floor

But still I swore
To hide the doubt when I turn back the pages
Anger might have been the answer
What if I'd hung my head and said that I couldn't wait?
But now I'm strong enough to know
It's not too late

Cause a thousand words call out through the ages
They'll fly to you
Even though I can't see, I know they're reaching you
Suspended on Silver wings
Oh a thousand words,
One thousand embraces
Will cradle you
Making all of your weary days seem far away
They'll hold you forever

Though a thousand words have never been spoken
Will fly to you
They'll carry you home
And back into my arms
Suspended on silver wings, oh
And a thousand words called out through the ages
Will cradle you
Turning all of your lonely years to only days
They'll hold you forever"

The tall man at the bar had almost finished his drink by the time the green woman had stopped singing and opened her eyes. Her eyes crossed the bar when they opened and lit upon the tall man with the blindfold.
"Afos? Is that you?"
The somewhat inebriated older man sitting beside the tall man glanced him over a few times before calling back to the green girl.
"Aye Sabby. It's him all right."

The tall man stood up and strode quietly over to the stage, where the green woman embraced him as an old friend.
"Long time no see, Sabby."
"Likewise, Affie."

The redhead on the stage reached over and cuffed the tall man across the back of the head.
"That's for blinkin' off on us, boyo. Welcome back."  

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

ZombieJeff

Wheezing Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:15 pm
Lance followed in, not taking of his sunglasses and tucking his hands into his coat pockets as he walked further in. He glanced around, checking out the crowd, all the usual suspects for this time of day.

One of them began to stand up, looking worried, but Lance shot the man a glare and motioned with his hand for the man to stop. Of course, he disguised the whole gesture as pulling out an unlit cigaret and placing it between his teeth.

"This place hasn't changed a bit.... not thet I'd expect it to."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:29 am
((I got tired of that song long ago, its kinda depressing when you lose a loved one.))

Tobias walked into the bar with his friends right behind him. He sat down and put his feet up on a table. He was tired and was waiting for the DGL leader to make contact. "I can't believe you let me do that, my body aches all over now." Tobias said with a deep sigh.

Haru laughed a little as the group sat. "You're the one who wanted to test the extent of your healing powers, and jumping off a cliff did just that." Haru said knocking Tobias' feet off the table. "Feet belong on the floor."  

Kupo ninja

Newbie Hunter

Rozalin Wednesday

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:52 am
Shinobu, Puff, Tickey, and HoneyDew entered the bar together and sat near Tobias & Haru.

"What's up, did you two have fun while we were away." Shinobu asked as HoneyDew snuggled up to him. "Oh this is HoneyDew everyone, Member five of the Red Blazers." He announced in a low tone as to not distrube the others there.

"Dood, you gotta start speaking for yourself or you're going to lose your voice." Puff said to HoneyDew.

Tickey just simply slapped Puff in the back of the head. "Ow, just leave her allow. She'll talk when she feels like it." Tickey had hurt her hand, but didn't show it much.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:50 pm
All the commotion made by the Red Blazer Brigade caused the vampire slumped over the piano to awake with a start. Without even looking around his fingers began bouncing on the keys in a jaunty rhythm. His tenor voice rang out with the somewhat irreverent lyrics.

"Well they encourage your complete cooperation
Send you roses when they think you need to smile
I can't control myself because I don't know how
And they love me for it honestly I'll be here for a while

So give them blood, blood
Gallons of the stuff
Give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough
Give them blood, blood, blood
Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood.

A celebrated man amongst the gurneys
They can fix me proper with a bit of luck
The doctors and the nurses they adore me so
But it's really quite alarming cause I'm such an awful ******** (why thank you!)
I gave you blood, blood
Gallons of the stuff
I gave you all that you can drink and it has never been enough
I gave you blood, blood, blood
I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love!"

The vampire looked up from the piano and locked eyes with the tall man.
"And that's a true solo, Affie."

"Oh hush, Fang! He's been back maybe five minutes and already you're trying to start up that rivalry again," The green woman rebuked gently.

"At least it worked," the tall man replied, "Though I could still hand Fang his a** on a platter."

"You'll have your chance at that, boyo. We have one song left on the set list before we're done. I'm sure Pop'll let us play a few more afterwards, if you'd like to back up your bet."

"I'll let you get to it then."
The tall man stepped off the stage and took his seat.

The redhead in a kilt took the drums from the green woman and the vampire readied his hands on the piano keys. The green woman took the microphone in her hand and signalled the other two to begin playing. After the beautiful intro, her warm voice filled the Dive once more.

"Whenever I sang my songs
On the stage, on my own
Whenever I said my words
Wishing they would be heard
I saw you smiling at me
Was it real or just my fantasy?
You'd always be there in the corner
Of this tiny little bar

My last night here for you
Same old songs, just once more
My last night here with you
Maybe yes, maybe no
I kind of liked it your way
How you shyly placed your eyes on me
Did you ever know
That I had mine on you

Darlin', so there you are
With that look on your face
As if you're never hurt
As if you're never down
Shall I be the one for you
Who pinches you softly but sure
If frown is shown then
I will know that you are no dreamer

So let me come to you
Close as I wanna be
Close enough for me
To feel your heart beating fast
And stay there as I whisper
How I love your peaceful eyes on me
Did you ever know
That I had mine on you

Darlin', so share with me
Your love if you have enough
The tears if you're holding back
Or pain if that's what it is
How can I let you know
I'm more than the dress and the voice
Just reach me out and then
You will know that you are not dreaming

Darlin', so there you are
With that look on your face
As if you're never hurt
As if you're never down
Shall I be the one for you
Who pinches you softly but sure
If frown is shown then
I will know that you are no dreamer"

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

ZombieJeff

Wheezing Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:51 pm
]Lance took a seat and watched the woman sing. Ordered up a drink and enjoyed the song, leaning on the table a little too leisurely.

He applauded lightly at the end of the song, his usual sly grin on his face. He still hadn't lit the cigaret and it didn't seem like he would anytime soon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:10 am
Puff had gotten bored with the singing and did what he always did while bored, he chewed on the leg of the table that he and the other Red Blazers sat ate. "What is this Balsa?" He said as he chewed away at it layer by layer.

"Puff, I ain't paying for it if you break it." He whisper-yelled at Puff. "I ain't got that kinda money here."

"Oh let him eat, he can't help who or what he is anybetter than you can." Honeydew said with a giggle.  

Rozalin Wednesday

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:38 pm
Applause followed the fading of Sabriel Bloke's singing. She took her bow with Liam O'Leary and Fang Lefoh. The green woman gestured for Afos Sem to join them up on the stage and he followed slowly.

"Ready to lose your bet?"
The vapire grinned at him.
"I'm ready to show you a real musician."
Afos replied calmly, with a soft smirk on his face. It was good to be among friends.

"Well boyo, here's your old axe, always knew you'd need it again."
Liam handed the old guitar over to Afos, who strapped it across his shoulder. He tuned up quickly.

"So, Fang, what song do you feel like getting trounced to today?"
"I dunno, how about I show you how my favorite goes? Let's play-"
Lad threw the door to the Dive Bar open wide.
"Pop! Bad news!"

Every head in the bar turned to face Lad quick enough that someone was sure to have gotten whiplash. Bad news for one here, was bad for everyone. Pop looked up from the bar quickly for such an old man.
"What is it, Lad?"

"The princess of Kabina! She's dead!"
"What? NO! How?" shouted Afos from the stage, his fingers dead on the fretboard.
"Assassination. Shot by a group who said they were sent by A. N. Sem."

The soft smirk on Afos's face died. A hard frown took its place with remarkable speed. His hands tightened so hard that his guitar would have been in danger of snapping had he not dropped them to his sides. The others onstage seemed to have undergone a remarkable change of the same nature.
"Aki," they intoned together.
"There's only one man who would be capable of pulling something like this to get at me, only one man who would feel it necessary."
"Otherbody."

Afos whipped his guitar into position. He strummed out a few angry chords before starting into a song that seemed as unplanned as it was. The fabrics of Byako twist the natives oddly, and song is one of their favorite expressions, a habit often.

"There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
And it's filled with people who are filled with s**t
And the vermin of the world inhabit it.
But not for long...

They all deserve to die.
Tell you why, Sabriel, tell you why.
Because in all of the whole human race
Sabriel, there are two kinds of men and only two
There's the one staying put in his proper place
And the one with his foot in the other one's face
Look at me, Sabriel, look at you.

Now we all deserve to die
Tell you why, Sabriel, tell you why.
Because the lives of the wicked should be made brief
For the rest of us death will be a relief
We all deserve to die.

And I'll never see Aki
No I'll never hold my girl to me - finished!"

A loud banging came from the door, slammed behind Lad.

"OPEN UP IN THE NAME OF THE TEN ORGANIZATION! WE HAVE AN ORDER TO SEARCH THIS ESTABLISHMENT ON THE GROUNDS OF HARBORING A FUGITIVE!"

The door flew off its hinges, blasted open by powerful agents of the Organization.
Afos's strumming hand shot out from the guitar and pointed at them. He raised his voice to a shout.

"Alright! You sir, you sir, how about a shave?
Come and visit your good friend Afos.
You sir, you sir? Welcome to the grave."

Invisible blades cut the men to pieces and Afos continued singing.

"I will have vengeance.
I will have salvation."

More men piled in over the bodies of their dead companions.

"Who sir, you sir?
No one in the chair, come on! Come on!
Afos's waiting. I want you bleeders.
You sir - anybody.
Gentlemen don't be shy!"

The invisible blades did their work once more.
The green woman behind Afos on the stage looked on in mild horror.
"I've never seen the Jhand used in such a manner, and they were born of my creation."
Afos's voice continued to ring out.

"Not one man, no, not ten men.
Nor a hundred can assuage me -
I will have you!
And I will get him back even as he gloats
In the meantime I'll practice on dishonorable throats.
And my Aki lies in ashes
And I'll never see my girl again.

But the work waits!
I'm alive at last!"

His hands and his voice stopped, as well did the flow of Organization agents. Pop looked up from his bar.
"I appreciate the hand, boy. But things are escalating to a pitch that we cannot afford here. It's time you left."

"Gladly, Pop, but I will return. And then I will have Otherbody's blood on my hands."

"Afos..." Sabriel cried gently.
"I will have his head, alone or not."
"Then I am with you."
"As am I."
"Was there even a question?"
"I know where we'll find him, but it's on the other side of town."

A tall, slightly blue man stood up from where he had been seated.
"Afos, my dear. You'll never make it halfway looking as you do. Could I interest you in an upgrade?"
"You're Phomello?"
"Always have been."
"Then let's get this done."

Phomello gestured to a side room off the bar and Afos followed. Minutes later, Phomello emerged, followed by a totally different youth. The young man following behind Phomello slouched, appearing shorter. His hair was black and red, styled in ridiculous spikes, owing nothing to its previous style of hanging shoulder length white. The outfit looked more like something the goth-looking Allen Ahardsen might wear than Afos Sem. And there were eyes in his sockets, grey with slightly slitted pupils. A totally different person, he appeared.

"Afos Sem is gone. I am Atticus Sin, now."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:30 pm
The Red Blazers continued to conversate like nothing was wrong.

"Should we get involved?" Puff asked as he looked up at the others.

"Nope."
"Nuh-uh."
"Hell no."

"Okay, no fighting then." Puff said before chewing on the table again.  

Rozalin Wednesday

ZombieJeff

Wheezing Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:46 pm
Lance was the nearest the door the, the first to see the shadows moving outside, and the only one who had to duck out of the way. He had jumped under a table and flipped it over.

When the men had finally stopped, a bit of radio static and a few hushed words came out from behind the table before he did.

"I don't care, you heard me. Either way, just send some out...." Lance stood up dusting himself off while pulling out a P230 handgun and looking a little shaken.

He walked over to the Red Blazer Brigade, and slammed his hand on the table. Alright, shits going down, and you're all going to help. AND! You're going to pay for that table!" he said looking straight at Puff. Lance looked back over as the door opened. "You still got his old clothes?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:27 am
"I'll pay for it, but only because it's a good table." Puff said lifting the table up onto his shoulder.

"Why should we help? What are we going to get out of it? Why the hell is everyone rude?" Shinobu said getting into Lance's face. "Why the hell do we get pulled into your problems?"

"Shin, we could always tell him to kiss the collective asses of the brigade." Tickey said stirring the drink that she had.

"Bye bye, Mr. Rude pants." Honeydew smiled.  

Rozalin Wednesday

Kupo ninja

Newbie Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:34 am
"Heed the call of warriors!" Haru said lifting his sword as it split into two swords each flaring with either fire or ice. "Tobias we got a fight on our hands, you wanna call Tao or should I?"

"I can handle it, gimme a second to get myself ready." Tobias said throwing on a red blazer. "Come on Shinobu, If we wanna be called heroes of justice we have to fight when we see the underdog." He placed two fingers to his lips and let out a loud trilling whistle.

A few seconds after the whistle went out a few rifle shots rained down on the men attacking the bar. Tao had stayed outside the bar in case something went down like normal in Byako. "Geezus H. HOng; Does this always have to happen?"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:47 am
Shinobu rose to his feet and straightened his jacket. "Alright, let's rock this thing. Blazers, fall in!" He called out before everyone stood and pulled out their weapons. "Honeydew, what is with the stringless instrument?" He asked rubbing his tempos.

"Laser motion sensor input device." She said holding it up.

Tickey just slapped her forehead. "I know that thing has extra functions, whip it out already." She said rubbing her forehead.

"Oh, Alright then..."She said grabbing onto a spiked handle she transformed the blade into a four sectioned sword.  

Rozalin Wednesday

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:09 am
"Of course I still have his old clothing. What do you take me for, a tailor?"
Phomello tossed the bundle of clothing to Lance.
"Now just a few more adjustments..."
He popped a screwdriver out of his fingertip and began poking Atticus with it.
"Done."

"Finally. Now, we're heading for the library. We'll find Otherbody there and he'll no doubt be prepared."
"So we have to take the long route and be prepared for anything. Most of us here are natives, so we know what to expect in most of the districts, everyone else, stick with a native. Everybody armed? Good."
"What are you talking about Fang? We're the only ones going, probably. Minority Quotient and that Lance guy."

"Let's just get moving. You guys will create a diversion."

Atticus pointed at the Red Blazer Brigade.
"You will do it, no matter how much you say you don't want to get involved. The entire district is full of Organization Agents. You'd be involved the second you left here anyways, and Pop's closing."
Atticus smiled a cold cruel smile.
"I'm sure that I can find something to motivate you if you still have any problems, but I see that we ought to have no problems at all."

Pop stood up behind the bar and began to sing.
"Closing time, open all the doors
And let you out into the world
Closing time, turn all of the lights on
Over every boy and every girl
Closing time, one last call for alcohol
So finish your whiskey or beer
Closing time, you don’t have to go home
But you can’t stay here

I know who I want to take me home,
Take me home

Closing time, time for you to go out
To the places you will be from
Closing time, this room won't be open
Til' your brothers or your sisters come
So gather up your jackets, move it to the exits
I hope you have found a friend
Closing time, every new beginning
Comes from some other beginning’s end

Take me home

Closing time, time for you to go out
To the places you will be from

Take me home

Take me home

Closing time, every new beginning
Comes from some other beginning’s end."

"I'm out."
Phomello snapped his fingers and wickedly long blades popped out of his wrists.
"I'll be at the hospital if any of you losers need an upgrade."  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces